Permanently benching Typhlosion, need a replacement

Infinix

My current team is Lanturn, Typhlosion, Primeape, Ariados, (insert HM Slave), and Emolga rotating Mr.Mime. I am starting to hate using typhlosion and I need a replacement as most of the time he just ends up being used once and being dead weight for a long while before being useful again. I'm right at the point of facing Serra and I plan on discarding him after beating her.

So let me get straight to the point, I need someone that can cover the weaknesses of my 4 pokemon lanturn primeape ariados and emolga while not being despicably overpowered one shotting everything(aka no mindless facerollers). A bulky physical tank would probably be a good idea as I'm kinda lacking in the tanking department but I'll be taking every idea into consideration.

Edited by Infinix

A steel type like magnezone would cover your rock weaknesses, ice weakness, psychic weakness, flying weakness, and grass weakness.

Ok so I've decided to pick a steel type from these 2:

Bronzong

Escavalier

The only reason I'm not going for magnezone is because that would be way too many electric types on my team and ground would literally dump on me because more often than not ground pokemon have both rock and ground moves. If magnezone was faster, then maybe he would be a better choice but that 4x weakness against ground is too much.

• Veterans

Get an Aggron thats right an!!!!!!!!!!! Aggron this beast has only been used by the champion in his game debutes he is so defensive he can toake on a garchomps eq and still live easily you wan AGGRON for Steel Type PRESIDENT 2014 vs LUCARIO

Get an Aggron thats right an!!!!!!!!!!! Aggron this beast has only been used by the champion in his game debutes he is so defensive he can toake on a garchomps eq and still live easily you wan AGGRON for Steel Type PRESIDENT 2014 vs LUCARIO

wow passionate lol... but aggron is a defensive tank, but 4x weakness to ground AND fighting with both of those gyms coming up? dont think so. escavalier can be a big help against the next gym leaders (ice,normal,psychic,dark) so i would probably run overcoat with iron head, x-scissor, fell stinger(move tutor) and your choice for this move

Edited by RebornRanger

• Veterans

wow passionate lol... but aggron is a defensive tank, but 4x weakness to ground AND fighting with both of those gyms coming up? dont think so

Still good enough to take on Serra and Radomus with resistances and he also has a resistance to noel and is super effective against Clefable

Edited by Azery123

really???? REALLY??? let me think: base 130 atk + STAB + 4x super effective + 100 base power???

are you kidding me??

in-competitive MEGA AGGRON will got 2-3HKO by garchomp's full atk invest earthquake. and it got only x2 super effective. and it got 50 more base defense than aggron

in-game aggron ALWAYS be OHKO by staraptor close combat (except sturdy)

how can you say this?????

really???? REALLY??? let me think: base 130 atk + STAB + 4x super effective + 100 base power???

are you kidding me??

in-competitive MEGA AGGRON will got 2-3HKO by garchomp's full atk invest earthquake. and it got only x2 super effective. and it got 50 more base defense than aggron

in-game aggron ALWAYS be OHKO by staraptor close combat (except sturdy)

how can you say this?????

Our grammatically incorrect friend is correct here.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aggron: 396-468 (115.1 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Staraptor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aggron: 296-352 (86 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

However, about Mega Aggron . . .

252 Atk Mega Aggron Heavy Slam (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 180-213 (50.2 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 108-127 (31.3 - 36.9%) -- 76.4% chance to 3HKO

So many people passionate about Aggron.

If you have the willingness to die to get a Tauros into Byxbysion Wastelands,

INVEST IN A BELDUM.

It will be moderately hard to catch (and then, get a good nature with acceptable IVs), but once you do, oh man is the pain coming.

Metagross is the only (correct me if I'm wrong, because that will make my day to find out there's another) pseudo-legendary currently available right now. That's scary. Plus, it even has a decent moveset available JUST by leveling up (bullet punch, zen headbutt, hammer arm, meteor mash). With the explosion TM, you can guarantee one kill against any leader.

Metagross, motherfucker, metagross.