Florina and her devilish Cradily ~Strategy~

Ukyn1993

Going aganst Florina and losing thanks to her Curse abusing Cradilly? Well, i have a strategy I would like to share to make the fight easy. For this strategy to work what you want to do is aquire the following pokemon

electrike.pngElectrike - Near Julia's gym on a rainy night

trubbish.pngTrubbish - right outside the Grand Hall, in Peridot Ward Alleys

grimer.pngGrimer - Fished up with an Old Rod in Peridot Ward

Now, your probally asking yourself "why would i want these three pokemon? Surely there is something better I could use. Well heres why. Toxic Spikes, Paralyze, Minimize. Those three factors will easily make the gym battle for you. Heres the steps you want to take to make the battle a piece of cake.

1. Lead the battle with Electrike, you want to paralyze her Cacnea.
  2. Swap Electrike for Trubbish and then proceed to lay down TWO layers of Toxic Spikes.
  3. Either use your Trubbish to finish the battle, or let Trubbish faint and switch in your Grimer.
  4. Thanks to parahax you should be able to use minimize three times, allowing for the biggest possible boost. Her Phantump will be the only one of her pokemon to reliably be able to hit your Grimer.
  5. Use Grimer's Sludge attack for STAB/Super Effective attacks, and pound to take care of Grotle.
  6. Heal as need be (she likes to use Sandstorm, so you will need to be ready to heal)
  7. Sludge, Mud Bomb, Pound her Cradilly as need be.
  8. PROFIT!!!!

And there ya go. Battle made easy with three pokemon. Reset as need be if paralyze doesnt co-operate to get toxic spikes or minimize set up, or if Grimer faints (but only if you are pinning ALL your hopes on Grimer, which you shouldnt. Be prepared to battle toe-to-toe with Cradily or Breloom_. Thanks to basically getting inflicted with Toxic, Cradilly wont be able to recover through the damage in the end. Something I forgot to mention, Breloom will NOT take damage from toxic/poison. Switch into something that can take Breloom down fast.

Anyone else got a strategy they used to make Florina a piece of cake, or even a way to improve on my own strategy?

Edited by Ukyn1993

This seems like a good strategy..

But all you need to just a Fighting pokemon(Makuhita, Mankey, or Pancham[or Combusken/Monferno if you've chosen those pokemons for your starter]) A fire pokemon(you can get Litleo by trading off a Bibarel to a game in the Peridot Ward. You can also get Numel, a Fire/Ground type, in the North Peridot Ward when the weather condition is Thunderstorm), and Trubbish to get those two layers of Toxic Spikes. Flying pokemon is optional, but be sure to not use the flying pokemon against Cradily, because Cradily has the move Smack Down.

Step 1: Get your two layers of Toxic Spikes

Since Trubbish is a poison and Cacnea is the first pokemon that Florina sends out, he can resist any moves that she makes Cacnea use.

Step 2: Get your Fire and/or Flying type to defeat her other pokemon.

Step 3: If she sends her Cradily out only, switch out to your Fighting pokemon and spam fighting moves.

Cradily will need time to set up, so it's good to keep spamming those, and if your fighting pokemon dies early. Don't worry because of those toxic spikes the poison damage will continue to hut Cradily every turn by +6%.

Step 4(optional, if not been done): Clear out the rest of her pokemon(s) with your Fire and/or Flying type pokemon!

Any strategy relying on Toxic Spikes has one wall, Breloom. It wont be hurt by Poison/Toxic, and spore can inflict some nasty status effects. You wanna take that pokemon out FAST.

Any strategy relying on Toxic Spikes has one wall, Breloom. It wont be hurt by Poison/Toxic, and spore can inflict some nasty status effects. You wanna take that pokemon out FAST.

Exactly, that's why you have that Flying pokemon to cut right through him. Flying > Grass/Fighting by 4x super effective.

For Cradily, just get a Makuhita. It evolves at level 24. Hariyama has 144 base health, 120 base attack and access to Vital Throw (base 70 damage). OHKO.

Does anyone have any advice for a team of four Mightyenas, a Protean Frogadier, and a Stunky? Because in my Dark monotype challenge I don't have many useful options. *glares at Pin Missle*

Give Stunky Screech and switch frequently? Spam Smokescreen and Sand Attack? Keep using Frogadier's Astonish to have resistance to Bug moves.? You really don't have a lot of options.

Does anyone have any advice for a team of four Mightyenas, a Protean Frogadier, and a Stunky? Because in my Dark monotype challenge I don't have many useful options. *glares at Pin Missle*

Why not go get yourself a Pancham? oh wait he's fighting type first, THEN dark/fight....

It's a shame that Ame removed Scraggy though....... uh,...try mass sand attack to her Cradily.... I guess xD

why not go get yourself a Pancham? oh wait he's fighting type first, THEN dark/fight....

It's a shame that Ame removed Scraggy though....... uh,...try mass sand attack to her Cradily.... I guess xD

I'm actually allowing the use of non Dark-types if their evolutions eventually gain the Dark-type, so I get to use Froakie, Skorupi, etc. Unfortunately, I think you can only get Pancham when you're able to get Scraggy, and both of them are past Florinia.

In general, it seems the only way I can get past her at the moment is to spam status lowering attacks and hope for good hax on my part.

you know, now that i think about it...couldnt this be pinned? A lot of people have trouble with Cradilly, some have even quit because of how difficult it is. This could help a lot of people

All I did was use my quilava to kill her lead and force her to burn all her potions on cacnea while sweeping through the rest of the team. Of course I had to switch at Cradily which is what mankey is for to kill it with karate chop and seismic toss. Didn't even need my Ariados QQ

I can see why the average person would have trouble with her though

Picking up a mankey would probably be a good idea if your only problem is her cradily.

I'm actually allowing the use of non Dark-types if their evolutions eventually gain the Dark-type, so I get to use Froakie, Skorupi, etc. Unfortunately, I think you can only get Pancham when you're able to get Scraggy, and both of them are past Florinia.

In general, it seems the only way I can get past her at the moment is to spam status lowering attacks and hope for good hax on my part.

Pancham can be found in the slums, along side with Mankey and Makuhita.

you know, now that i think about it...couldnt this be pinned? A lot of people have trouble with Cradilly, some have even quit because of how difficult it is. This could help a lot of people

People quit because they can't think of ways to defeat her, or just give up. Reborn is meant to be for a challenge. But yeah if people REALLY want to defeat her to continue, they can always find this place. or another thread with perhaps better strats xD (not saying yours isn't good)

In the playground, after you got the key. Yeah, no Pancham before Florinia.

She's hardly a problem actually. Yazmat made it with a Koffing and Mankey, so i have to try that. Koffing <3

You sure? I've been around the slums a lot and I don't recall ever seeing a Pancham outside the Pancham Playground, which you can only get the key to after getting Rock Smash, which is after Lapis Ward.

REALLY??!!? I found a Pancham in the room before I fought Scrafty's gang.

*Vinny used File check*

*Vinny checked the files*

Vinny: Well, unless there's something wrong with my files, there's no Pancham anywhere before the Playground. So, i'm either crazy, or you're just a baka crazy.

Still <3 u Shup

• Veterans

Is it bad that I honestly got kind of excited at the thought that I could find a Pancham legitimately for Florinia?

Wait what you got something that was a weird replacement for the obviously broken Scrafty( its broken because 0leaders are curently super effective against him and the last 4 leaders of the current episode are weak to him

What I did:

Get Kricketune

Teach it Fury Cutter (lvl 10)

Profit. It OHKOs everything after stacking two, and it's definitely faster than that Cradily, so Rock Slide won't be a problem

Her Cradily doesn't have Rock Slide. It has Smack Down.

In fact, that's the only attacking move it has, unless you count Sandstorm.

I have to disagree with the Toxic Spikes though. Granted it'll widdle down everything but her Breloom gradually, 2 layers doesn't help. Her Breloom has Poison Heal and Spore, along with Mach Punch and Grass Knot. Grimer would wall it, but Sludge would potentially Poison it. Granted Grimer would take out Breloom relatively easy.

On top of that, 1 layer of Toxic Spikes gradually does 12.5% or 12% damage per turn, while 2 layers would need 3 turns to catch up to the damage 1 layer would do.

Quick sketch;

1 layer Toxic Spikes scenario:

Trubbish used Toxic Spikes

Cacnea uses Sandstorm

Trubbish uses w/e move to take out Cacnea

That's 3-4 turns at most to take out Cacnea and to set up 1 layer

2 layer Toxic Spikes scenario:

Cacnea uses Sandstorm

Cacnea uses Leech Seed

Trubbish uses w/e move to take out Cacnea

That's.. 6-7 turns at most to take out Cacnea for 2 layers

It's pretty much to hasten to pace of battle, if you want to call it that. Which is the next issue; You want to take out everything she has asap.

The Cradily issue is really not a big deal at all. Have you read the piece I wrote on Cradily in my guide? Have you seen the extremely easy solution to get past that Cradily? All you need is a Hariyama, which evolves at 24, 1 level under the current badge cap up to this point. At 24, you'll have Knock Off/Fake Out/Vital Throw/Arm Thrust available to you.

In fact;

Copy/paste from the guide;

If you have something with Toxic Spikes, by all means, I encourage you to not set them up unless you can take out Breloom in 1 or 2 hits. Aside from that, Toxic Spikes is highly advised for this battle.

She'll try to send out Cradily early in the battle, all it can and will do- Is Curse/Sandstorm/Recover. If it gets the chance to attack with Smack Down after it gets up 2 or 3 Curses, you're pretty much done if you don't have a Fighting-type.

Spoiler
Makuhita evolves very early (Level 24) and it has good Attack, plus it has access to Knock Off and Vital Throw (never misses, but you move last), making it a very viable Pokémon for this Wall-dily. Props to Vinny for this, he made me go back for a Makuhita.

I'm sorry, but your strategy has too many variables for me to find it useful, it relies on a core of 3 Pokémon. What if 1 or 2 of those Pokémon faint before having done their task? Soft-reset until you succeed? This can cause people to rq as well, you know.

Again, this is my personal opinion and shouldn't be taken as criticism or negativity, despite the fact that it might look like it.

I'd just listen to Vinny and grab a Makuhita to make your life easier on the Cradily.

~Dashie