Reborn Auth on PO

DashingStorm

Hey everyone, Dashie here with a troubling situation.

It's come to my attention that there's a lack of morning Auth in the Reborn server on PO, which is both troubling and worrying at the same time, and let's not forget annoying as shit.

I know it's early for you EST/PST people and you all need sleep and whatnot, but would it not be an idea to get some late-night/morning auth from different timezones?
I'm sure there are a bunch of Europeans who would be able to take over a morning-shift of auth (like myself who has nothing better to do early morning) to get things like these to a minimum;

jWI0rrt.png

3dZCqI1.png

GdS0uT7.png

h9DiI7t.png

qprr5RI.png

DDcV791.png

As can blatently be seen, this is what happens on almost a daily basis. The timestamp also shows that it's 1:19 PM in the last screenshot, which would be 7:19 AM EST / 4:19 AM PST meaning nobody would be awake.

There's 1 member of auth on, who happened to be afk, despite being PM'd by myself and B. Guardian about the entire incident.

Again, my suggestion is to get "super rank" users of some sort, to at least be able to mute/kick these kind of people and instantly hush the entire thing, or to screen some people to take an "auth-test" or something.

Whatever the solution may be, I hope it's one worthwhile.

~Dashie

I'm not the auth Reborn needs, but the auth Reborn deserves

Or a voice system could be introduced, where the server can be put in a state of global mute with only voiced people being able to talk. Especially handly when someone is nonstop evading and spamming the chat, and it could be turned on whenever the server is left authless.

And this one just- Went too far.

I think you're just saying it went too far because one of them directed their endeavours towards you personally. Those cases you screenshotted were actually pretty tame. One of them got muted by Breloombot pretty fast and didn't evade, the other already left after a while. Both of them could simply have been put on ignore and you'd already have your morning without dumb people. Sometimes you'll just have to be satisfied with what you get.

But on a large and active server like Reborn that has a lot of people hating it, having at least one auth online at all times is in its best interest.

It ain't easy being popular, trolls come and go it is to be expected. But Yeah I definitely agree with this, having at least on auth would be nice, but eh some times you just have to deal with it.

Going to have to talk to RJ about his habit of leaving PO on when he's not there. <<

And I try to be on if I can, but due to morning classes, a lot of the time I can't be on until about 10:30, even later on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Today was an exception cause cancellation. However while I agree that the attack of trolls in the morning is... a problem, we really can't just pick an auth willy-nilly, cause when we've done so in the past to cover a certain timeslot, it went... badly, to put it simply.

So please trust me. While we completely understand the need for an auth on at that time reliably, it's far easier said than done. However, the staff will be having talks about various topics extremely soon, so the fact that this was brought up to the public was marvelous! Thanks for bringing it up! :D This is definitely going to be on our agenda in the near future~

1) I'm not posting this because I was being attacked personally, the person in question randomly said "fuck you" to everyone who even said one word.

2) I can understand this is "tame" for some, but imagine having to deal with this almost daily.

3) The main reason I actually posted this is to make auth aware of the things that go on in the PO server when they're not around. Call it backseat-modding or whatever the term was again, I felt like I needed to post this to make the auth aware of these things.

Going to have to talk to RJ about his habit of leaving PO on when he's not there. <<

And I try to be on if I can, but due to morning classes, a lot of the time I can't be on until about 10:30, even later on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Today was an exception cause cancellation. However while I agree that the attack of trolls in the morning is... a problem, we really can't just pick an auth willy-nilly, cause when we've done so in the past to cover a certain timeslot, it went... badly, to put it simply.

So please trust me. While we completely understand the need for an auth on at that time reliably, it's far easier said than done. However, the staff will be having talks about various topics extremely soon, so the fact that this was brought up to the public was marvelous! Thanks for bringing it up! :D This is definitely going to be on our agenda in the near future~

And this is exactly what I needed to hear. Fact that you've already tried with a different timezone auth and it having failed is too bad, but you guys at least tried, right?

And yeah, it's just something to bring to the attention of the community, 'cause it'd be a shame if these sorta things happen in the PO server, potentially scaring off relatively normal people. >>;

If possible, could you keep track, for about a week, the times that these typical trolls waltz along?
Because if the timing is consistent, it's likely the same person, and chat auth can try to log on then to ban the people or whatever they deem is a suitable action.
But on the more positive side, thank you for keeping an eye on the community chat.

I'm on from 9am central time to around 10am central time every day usually, unless I'm off of work, then I sleep in. But as Kirito said, we've experimented with getting staff for dedicated timeframes but it's gone sour every time. The most you can do at the moment while we work things out is put trolls on ignore and don't give them the satisfaction, or we could set BreloomBot to heavy while we're all asleep- but that means you guys need to monitor how fast you're typing otherwise you'll end up muted until an auth is on.

I'm on from 9am central time to around 10am central time every day usually, unless I'm off of work, then I sleep in. But as Kirito said, we've experimented with getting staff for dedicated timeframes but it's gone sour every time. The most you can do at the moment while we work things out is put trolls on ignore and don't give them the satisfaction, or we could set BreloomBot to heavy while we're all asleep- but that means you guys need to monitor how fast you're typing otherwise you'll end up muted until an auth is on.

I was gonna say, perhaps put Clarice on medium or something, I'm pretty sure that would help out quite a bit-

Regardless, I don't want you guys to feel bad or anything that you can't be on at specific times, I just wanted to make a statement ><

I'm on in the mornings as much as possible- generally anytime after 8:45. Earlier than that is legitmately impossible for me, but I can try a few things.

Don't strain yourself if you can't.

Leaving Breloom on medium or heavy is generally something the last (active) auth should be doing anyway. That's why we have it, basically

That makes sense, but it doesn't fix the "troll" issue- :l

If possible, could you keep track, for about a week, the times that these typical trolls waltz along?

Guess I'll keep an eye on the chat for a little bit and see where that takes everything. :x

The best thing we can suggest for the troll issue when no auth are on are use the ignore feature and report the problem to us. We can then handle it when we are on.

I keep forgetting about the Ignore thingy.

Because if the timing is consistent, it's likely the same person, and chat auth can try to log on then to ban the people

The most prominent obnoxious shits that get on during the time auths are off, are android users. And they don't really have a limit in numbers, as you should know, they're not the same person every day.

The most prominent obnoxious shits that get on during the time auths are off, are android users. And they don't really have a limit in numbers, as you should know, they're not the same person every day.

there's not much to do against an android user as an auth. They get a completely different IP when they relog, making it really difficult to stop them.

there's not much to do against an android user as an auth. They get a completely different IP when they relog, making it really difficult to stop them.

Maybe we should just remove Android

0daae72707163639e3fa616597f58776e2f83e2e