6SS1G- 1st Gen Shinies

Amethyst

Fixed Aerodactyl and Moltres

YvoLu2M.pngsIPNxxF.png

AQaqmLI.png06jpWrF.png

I know this isn't what Ame wanted, but I thought this looked cool.

EDIT: finished Golem

34MumYK.pngdd8Nwf7.png

I'll get back sprite done real quick, if y'all like it. I'll get to fixing Parasect...

Also threw together Tangela

2g2sfsz.pngbXL0aow.png

Edited by Bazaro

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

what is this massive influx of content i dont even wow

Sacrificed my sleep for this one:

CyolDu4.png4cyoCGH.png

Here is your Ultroball :D

zTLUruY.pngRLDerjq.png

And Master-Electrode

uYYQoag.pngaVeThtJ.png

So I did miss these before, thanks for pointing it out. However, and I apologise for your lost sleep, we can't use these. As good as they look, they have the issue where the details have been drawn on 2x sprites at 1x resolution. So in order to make edits like these easily, you'd need to take them down to 50%, edit, and then blow them back up to 2x size.

But these are accurate for the intended concepts, so that's good. Just a technical issue.

attachicon.gif150.pngattachicon.gif150b.pnghope i did good

It's a start. Mewtwo is going to be tricky since its colours are so light, even at full saturation the blue is going to look pale. you'll probably have to adjust the shades to get the same full colour out of the sprite.

Experimental Magmar:

IcdMQhQ.pngkUqgbQw.png

Mmm, so I see you lightened the lighest shades of the black on the back sprite, but... I think we need to bring up the other shades to match, as right now they kind of just look like grey splotches because they're relatively too light. For the front, were the affected shades the ones around its ankles and neck? I more looking at the colours on its arms.

Made the Crystal Onix from the anime, cause the green one looked kinda stoned. If know what I mean :D

GK9MV8y.pngkbktnKQ.png

For comparisson:

PNHVPN9.png

I dunno, which way do you guys think looks better?

Also redone Mr. Snow withe:

JBgtYfT.pngemVoq09.png

Reference:

foQLLlf.png

Just decided to finish these up myself since I feel bad for being like nonono so many times

Although that front sprite was in 16 colours and some of them were kind of falling apart... I dunno if the original was like that or if it just became that way after too many spare edits. Anyway, we'll call this done.

Reeeeeverse again:

Zn6iOnO.pngT13JwPO.png

ZF9J4cJ.pngg1eP8bA.png

You don't need knowledge of that it comes when you start doing it.

Hm.

Maybe it's just my distaste for yellow but I kind of don't like these after all. Does anyone else?

Maybe green body instead?

Regardless, Koffing's front and Weezing's back seem to be lighter than the other two, so that should made consistent...

Here it goes vinny:

nfaE1sw.png3sWTBV1.png

Fm3vITz.pngwtm5PlF.png

I'm sold. Let's make the wings even darker though. Also, I don't think Clefairy's mout should be light blue, just a darker shade of the purple or a black should be fine

Also very nitpicky but the outline used on these seems to have a redder tone than the other purples in the image.

Pfft, as I was just finished with them as well...

8hsvlkC.png4XcbfuX.png

8KRt66i.png08fvTvt.png

Also them rhyhorn edits are coming eventually.

Quoted this set since they're a little cleaner to work from. I don't mind the blue gem, but the blue coin for meowth seems a little strange. I think Gold looked better. Persian's eyes seem a little light, too, it's hard to see the colour.

The pursuit of enlightenment:

Shellder Palette:

gVvod5J.pngyOGI1uX.png

8fLw4RV.pngUwD8CU5.png

Dragalge Palette:

7gkFcqK.png3z8CcF0.png

lyaJWw7.png38l0sws.png

Walrain Palette:

BPwbRDt.pngMe6mAM8.png

l0QisqI.pngcUfx8HK.png

These look great. I wonder for the Slow-line, do we want to do anything with that "Shellder"? I don't mind the look of it currently but it might make sense to change that part too. Anyone have any ideas?

Fixed Aerodactyl and Moltres

YvoLu2M.pngsIPNxxF.png

AQaqmLI.png06jpWrF.png

I know this isn't what Ame wanted, but I thought this looked cool.

EDIT: finished Golem

34MumYK.pngdd8Nwf7.png

I'll get back sprite done real quick, if y'all like it. I'll get to fixing Parasect...

The Golem looks hella badass, great concept. Uh, but I just realized, I think that's the wrong style front-sprite. We're using HGSS front sprites, remember? Best to take them from the game folder if in doubt...

With Aerodactyl-- I;m not sure that's the right front sprite in that case either. And with both of them, let's reduce the saturation on the red because that's pretty intense.

Tangela was posted after my quote, but our Tangela should match the PULSE Tangrowth colours...

Pikachu family, Growlithe family backs, Electabuzz, Snorlax, Horsea family, Seel family, Kangaskhan and Moltres in and marked off. Keep it up!

• Administrators

Double post with extra thing

jk7bvIR.png

What do you guys think? I've played around on the colours of this thing so much I don't even know how I feel at this point

Double post with extra thing

jk7bvIR.png

What do you guys think? I've played around on the colours of this thing so much I don't even know how I feel at this point

I feel like it should be closer to black than grey, myself. The gradient is cool though.

edit*

never mind

The blue looks better, but I think it needs some more saturation...

EDIT: Rhyhorns done!

IsGNEGw.pngBhivt5K.png

ctSnKXO.pngQX7YW1l.png

Males on left, females on right

I think. Meowth for later.

Edited by Jacze

what is this massive influx of content i dont even wow

So I did miss these before, thanks for pointing it out. However, and I apologise for your lost sleep, we can't use these. As good as they look, they have the issue where the details have been drawn on 2x sprites at 1x resolution. So in order to make edits like these easily, you'd need to take them down to 50%, edit, and then blow them back up to 2x size.

But these are accurate for the intended concepts, so that's good. Just a technical issue.

It's a start. Mewtwo is going to be tricky since its colours are so light, even at full saturation the blue is going to look pale. you'll probably have to adjust the shades to get the same full colour out of the sprite.

Mmm, so I see you lightened the lighest shades of the black on the back sprite, but... I think we need to bring up the other shades to match, as right now they kind of just look like grey splotches because they're relatively too light. For the front, were the affected shades the ones around its ankles and neck? I more looking at the colours on its arms.

For comparisson:

PNHVPN9.png

I dunno, which way do you guys think looks better?

Just decided to finish these up myself since I feel bad for being like nonono so many times

Although that front sprite was in 16 colours and some of them were kind of falling apart... I dunno if the original was like that or if it just became that way after too many spare edits. Anyway, we'll call this done.

Hm.

Maybe it's just my distaste for yellow but I kind of don't like these after all. Does anyone else?

Maybe green body instead?

Regardless, Koffing's front and Weezing's back seem to be lighter than the other two, so that should made consistent...

I'm sold. Let's make the wings even darker though. Also, I don't think Clefairy's mout should be light blue, just a darker shade of the purple or a black should be fine

Also very nitpicky but the outline used on these seems to have a redder tone than the other purples in the image.

Quoted this set since they're a little cleaner to work from. I don't mind the blue gem, but the blue coin for meowth seems a little strange. I think Gold looked better. Persian's eyes seem a little light, too, it's hard to see the colour.

These look great. I wonder for the Slow-line, do we want to do anything with that "Shellder"? I don't mind the look of it currently but it might make sense to change that part too. Anyone have any ideas?

The Golem looks hella badass, great concept. Uh, but I just realized, I think that's the wrong style front-sprite. We're using HGSS front sprites, remember? Best to take them from the game folder if in doubt...

With Aerodactyl-- I;m not sure that's the right front sprite in that case either. And with both of them, let's reduce the saturation on the red because that's pretty intense.

Tangela was posted after my quote, but our Tangela should match the PULSE Tangrowth colours...

Pikachu family, Growlithe family backs, Electabuzz, Snorlax, Horsea family, Seel family, Kangaskhan and Moltres in and marked off. Keep it up!

ok will this do post-47651-0-51510400-1397757966_thumb.pngpost-47651-0-70165700-1397757968_thumb.png

Koffing family reloaded:

D5s6wRd.pngni4Z0G2.png

S0VQorn.pngyEalxq9.png

Clefairy familiy:

1Q0h4Tu.png55lFG47.png

DXauSAD.pngw6wWorC.png

Seahorse family addition:

jZXo3Un.pngITamLUq.png

Weepinbell based on this lovely plant below:

oLYK5YM.pngFxQBhLZ.png

S1R5trn.pngSLfnycj.png

Rq6tQyI.png

i9HwJmZ.png

pitcher-plant_2082228i.jpg

Clefairy familiy:

1Q0h4Tu.png55lFG47.png

DXauSAD.pngw6wWorC.png

Sorry about all the wrong sprites, I understand it all now ^-^;

Fixed Aerodactyl...

zL4iPoL.pngrIHzmlZ.png

And Golem and made his evo's...

XAI4Wkj.pngBdTEsYK.png

SN03wyy.png4hFPCru.png

vV9KNA8.pngKGBXfBZ.png

So after hours of frustration and my first time experience, I managed to pull off a Black Dragonite that isn't totally crap. ><

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b368opvple4vxoq/D-nite~.PNG

Will do Dratini/Dragonair if this get's approved.

great start thats cool and all but maybe try doing a black grey maybe something like charizard in my signature or this charizard post-47651-0-01554800-1397757835_thumb.png

Pokeball I chose you !

LIyGzvL.pnggPqExtv.png

as for everyone else i think they all great

• Administrators

Forum kept glitching for me yesterday so I couldn't respond, sorry. Let's see--

I feel like it should be closer to black than grey, myself. The gradient is cool though.

The blue looks better, but I think it needs some more saturation...

EDIT: Rhyhorns done!

IsGNEGw.pngBhivt5K.png

ctSnKXO.pngQX7YW1l.png

Males on left, females on right

I think. Meowth for later.

...oh, honey,

um.

i appreciate you trying but

For Rhydon, let's make the eye colour darker since it blends too much into the white right now.

For Rhyhorn, the underside of it's tail where it fades into its butt looks a little awkward.

i think you read it backwards :c

That said, I do like Rhyhorn's eyes like that, so work from those sprites for Rhyhorn, but we don't need the extra shading on Rhydon's tail, just Rhyhorn's.

Koffing family reloaded:

D5s6wRd.pngni4Z0G2.png

S0VQorn.pngyEalxq9.png

Weepinbell based on this lovely plant below:

oLYK5YM.pngFxQBhLZ.png

S1R5trn.pngSLfnycj.png

Rq6tQyI.png

i9HwJmZ.png

pitcher-plant_2082228i.jpg

Koffing family looks much better that way, good job. One small nitpick: Koffing front sprite's outlines have been taken up to that solid shade of dark greenwhatever, but as we can see here:

dZ8OADa.png

Parts of the outline in the shadows should be black (which matches the outline style of the rest of the family). I think once the shaded outlines are put back in, that'll be a wrap.

For the bellsprout family... Not going to say that you didn't follow it well enough, but let's try some other things.

For their 'lips' let's go for a really dark maroon rather than the present purple

For the spots on the evolutions, try that purple, but make sure it's a darker brightness than the red surrounding it

For the leaves... I bet we can do a pretty spiffing gradient there. Dark magenta-to the blue currently used. I'll upload a tutorial on how to go about that later.

LoL fans here it comes:

Here is your LoL Jynx:

QvKdPRY.pngmMfnvqx.png

cz70YuI.png34FQFOS.png

TIL that raticate's back sprites' tail is a mess, even in the normal sprites. Interesting. No need to change it though, I guess, since it does look that way regularly.

With Smoochum, you'll notice there are some blue-purple outlines around its pink body. Those should be made conistent.

Jynx... is a little rough.

Firstly, it looks like her hair's high light colour is just grey rather than a lighter blue.

Secondly, although it is accurate to the concept, having her face light like that looks surprisingly bad. Let's try... a dark grey instead, for the face.

For the hands, and here we're going to deviate, but let's try having one hand have a pink glive, and the other have a black

Normal Jynx's uh, bra, is dark int he center and light on the outside, so try the same with this one-- that inner circle can be black, the out rim of the bra, pink.

Let's also make her arms a similar grey to her face

As for the pink her dress has, the hues and/or saturatiuon seem to be a little all-over-the-place making it look wonky. See if you can straighten it out to one single scale of pink

Dudou family:

14TnV7J.pngFDbhVr2.png

ZQyTxZG.png50dVp4N.png

be strong, clarence

be strong for mother

this was another throw-away concept so feel free to try something else if inspiration strikes you

anyway, if we're going for a cottony look, I suggest using a blue-based grey rather than a brown one. This'll also look better if we keep the tail blue.

In general, I think these fuzzy bits have too much contrast. The shade and the outline are very dark compared to the brightest shade. See if you can make that a little smoother, but still retain definition?

So after hours of frustration and my first time experience, I managed to pull off a Black Dragonite that isn't totally crap. ><

https://www.dropbox....xoq/D-nite~.PNG

Will do Dratini/Dragonair if this get's approved.

Looks better than the first version you showed me, but not quite there...

On its belly, the darker shade including the ridges is too dark, it stands out quite a bit. It also appears to be green-based rather than the tummy's orange.

As for the rest of the body, there's still the issue of them not contrasting enough against the dark outline. As an example, look at Bazaro's graveler. Even though it's 'black' the darkest shade he uses is still clearly visisble against its black outlines, and the other shades work up from there.

Pokeball I chose you !

LIyGzvL.pnggPqExtv.png

Notice how in the back sprite, you used the darker shade of yellow to 'blend' it into the dark part. Try doing that with the front as well. Additionally, I would say that specific shade could even be a little darker, especially since it's doubling as the outline.

The normal voltorb similar blends red into white on the front sprite using a grey colour where the two meet-- try the same in the front here, and although it's a deviation a little bit, I think it would help the back sprite as well.

Also, the shading curve on the back sprite is drawn in 1x.

Also also I think we lost a bit of the outline at about 8 o clock on the back sprite.

SdKP5zN.png

You're moving in the right direction, I think, with making the colour more vivid, but there there are a few problems.

With both sprites the body is a little more purple than blue currently

Back sprite: We've lost the darkest shade on its tail-- it's now lighter, when it should be darker thant he shadow.

Front sprite: It looks like... some of the outlines are green? They should match the other shades. Also, we seem to have lost most of the dark outline. The white of its eye is also strangely dark.

Touched up Aerodactyl and Clefairy family and put them in

Slow, Meowth and Geodude families also in

Aaaand I guess Slowking and Kingdra will be out of the way for later

Good job, guys!

8cPoq.PNG

Okay, I tried to make the D-Nite slightly more brighter so the Dark-Outlines could show more and tried to add more difference between the blacks. I also tried to fix it's bottom belly but I think I messed that up. :x

EDIT: I also decided to lower dumb dowm the slight greenish color from the top knee, forehead, and the nose. Thanks Bazaro