6SS1G- 1st Gen Shinies

Amethyst

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about these puppies qu4zPJJ.pngNN4Xl0e.pngklrhy3L.pngir7lHy8.png

also what a jesus bird, sorry if the question is stupid but i am having trouble understanding the references

another thin, this is my idea for a new shiny pikachu

Super_saiyan_3_pikachu_by_Ammid.jpg

:)

however on a more serial note i was thinking of making a zoroark with golden super saiyen hair what do you guys think about that

Typhlosion has too much Contrast between Black and White. Flames maybe ok but not really for my eyes sry.

Charizards Flame is too dark. And the yellow tail doesn't look really good at all :/ ..

Try this proggy : http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/

ok what do you suggest for the belly and tail,thirdbird said i should try a blue color (like my gyrados for the tail/tummy what do you think as for typhlosian should i use lighter colors for his body and semi darker for his flame

Edited by codelancelot

Jesus Bird is simply the name of Pidgeot in a game walktrough :D

Watch this : http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/22/twitch-plays-pokemon-its-history-highlights-and-bird-jesus/

This Pidgeot remembers me of the german flag :D .. It's torso is too dark sry :/ Huge contrast to the red.

If you do Charizard you should do Charmander and Charmelon first .. Just to have an idea of the colors to use.

Begin coloring the tail with some darker blue and enlight the color slightly to the tail top

Edited by Nefalem

Jesus Bird is simply the name of Pidgeot in a game walktrough :D

Watch this : http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/22/twitch-plays-pokemon-its-history-highlights-and-bird-jesus/

This Pidgeot remembers me of the german flag :D .. It's torso is too dark sry :/ Huge contrast to the red.

If you do Charizard you should to Charmander and Charmelon first .. Just to have an idea of the colors to use.

Begin coloring the tail with some darker blue and enlight the color slightly to the tail top

i actually did do charmelian before hand btw what do you think of my pikachu idea lol also what about a golden zoroark

• Administrators

Mr. Mime is something I'll have to do myself-- it's going to serve a specific purpose later.

Errr... Maybe I´m the only one who doesn´t know how a squire scyther should look... But how should a squire scyther look like? xD

Jazce posted one rendition of it on the first page here-- But, a squire is someone who's training to be a knight, and in the meantime tends to service knights. It might have some silver as like scraps of armor, but as a medieval job is probably predominately brown. I think the blades should definitely stay silver but I don't think we need the redness on its body like in the sprite posted early. That might be better of as a duller grey, or maybe a different shade of brown from the rest of it.

Fixed ?

rClfdiu.pngTnGJOTd.png

K6VDHtA.png2uY1Kti.png

rwsRcLy.pngJx9EYq4.png

I'm... not honestly seeing that much of a difference in the Goldeen/Seeking, but the contrast in the shades on Snorlax is much better. The Outline is now probably too light against the darker shades though (it looks all right against the lighter parts) so you'd have to draw over those parts with a darker colour. Consider matching the brightnesses to the outline it uses on its belly, offset accordingly.

As promised here's a very quick demonstration on basic recolouring with GG--

I'll do some more complicated ones later.

Hi Ame! I posted my fixed-up Articuno sprites on the previous page, but it seem's you've missed it. I'll quote it so you can just review it here. Could I have some feedback please? Thanks!

So I tried making the edits you mentioned. The gray I used for the outline blends in with the forum's dark color, so maybe go to the images' urls?

I was having a little trouble shading the back sprite's tail. Any feedback or assistance is welcomed c:

attachicon.gif144s.gifattachicon.gif144bs.gif

That Kakuna is way too dark red. The left side of the frontsprite becomes really hard to see...

On a different point, I finished off the Sycther line!

5y15dw5.png6sJXtYA.png

qzGdVf9.pngE3ERZ2m.png

Top is male, bottom female. I just thought that the female should really look different than the male...

plus these two

RUHp2SQ.pngzv3kBvi.png

• Administrators

Those Scythers look fantastic. Putting in and marking off Scyther, Venomoth and Golduck.

Hi Ame! I posted my fixed-up Articuno sprites on the previous page, but it seem's you've missed it. I'll quote it so you can just review it here. Could I have some feedback please? Thanks!

RGzMbT5.png

I totally did, sorry, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

The front sprite is looking pretty solid but you're right, the tail on the back sprite needs some work. Notice how on the front, the lines running down the tail use a lighter shade where the light hits it. By contrast, the back sprite currently has all of the lines as a very dark colour all the way down through the tail. Use the lighter shades of grey where the tail is hit by the light, and don't be afraid to fade it in with a few pixels at the 'corners' to make it blend better.

Thanks Ame :D yeah the Goldeen turquoise outlines have been smoothed a bit :P I admit it is not really clear ^^

Outlines done :)

Goldeen looks better. I think I'd still like to see the initial white > black/black > white concept for that line though because I think Seaking might look really cool that way. So I don't want to commit to putting this Goldeen in yet-- but if that doesn't work out, this is usable.

The Weedle line was already completed before and has been marked off on the first post since before this topic was made...

Snorlax's silver outlines are still too light I think.

MEWTWOOOOO

aOIpVYS.png

This Mewtwo reminds me of this:

Mewtwo_from_Promo_14.jpg

I'm so Pink right now...

i will upload ekans soon nZ7Zwpa.png1d3BTEX.png

That's the 4th gen sprite isn't? You should be doing the 5th gen ones, ya know :I

Unless i'm missing something...

You have to use the non-shiny sprite ;)

can you guys tell me what you think before i go ahead and redo it in 5th gen sprite

_____update________

well i guess that means i have to redo these as well but before that i would also like an opinion on them (also try to be as honest as possible)

iDPY788.pngimIoHPl.pngJJ3wgfC.pngBG7IDoM.png

Edited by codelancelot

Uhm, If I remember correctly, I think Mew's already done. Just use the list on the first page for guidance. The things that are crossed off have already been done. In my opinion though, the 3rd one is best.

i will upload ekans soon nZ7Zwpa.png1d3BTEX.png

YoPQctj.png

I tried...

@codelancelot I think they're all pretty good. I especially like the color of the 2nd one, but it isn't shaded that well.

Uhm, If I remember correctly, I think Mew's already done. Just use the list on the first page for guidance. The things that are crossed off have already been done. In my opinion though, the 3rd one is best.

how about arbok and thanks for the feedback also she said mew was acceptable as is but i wanted to give some ideas for a different mew

Edited by codelancelot