Dashie's Pokemon Reborn Guide (Discussion)

DashingStorm

i couldn't find this on your guide, but what keyboard button starts the registered bag item. it says r, but it isn't r v.v trying to get my bike going xD

nvm, tried the old control of f5 and it worked xD

p.s love your guide <3

You can also use your registered bag item with the Shift key~

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldn't find this on your guide, but what keyboard button starts the registered bag item. it says r, but it isn't r v.v trying to get my bike going xD

nvm, tried the old control of f5 and it worked xD

p.s love your guide <3

Whoa, I didn't make note of that key..? I'll add it right away! n__n

Edit: It is there.. o-o

Copy/Paste:

Controls [Ctrls]

Arrow Keys: Move

Space: Run

X key: B button; open menu

Z key: A button; talk/select; view IVs/EVs from stat screen

Shift: Use registered item

A: Dismount Tauros

S: Toggle walk/run

D: Quick-save

F1: Program Options

F12: Soft-reset

Alt+Enter: Full Screen-ish mode

Enter: Alternatively, you can use Enter instead of Z to talk/select, but not to view IV's and EV's

Edited by RainbowDash

Controls [Ctrls]

Enter: Alternatively, you can use Enter instead of Z to talk/select, but not to view IV's and EV's

Spacebar works a the A-button too.

Edited by Mikzal

Whoa, I didn't make note of that key..? I'll add it right away! n__n

Edit: It is there.. o-o

Copy/Paste:

Controls [Ctrls]

Ohhh derp v.v I must be blind xD

Started a new Reborn game, I'm also following your guide to see if they aren't any mistakes.

Aaaand I spotted one : you missed one question on the monitors in Florinia's Gym.

"At was level does a Cubchoo evolve ?", the answer being 37.

This is highly subjective, however I think you might want to make that guide more spoiler-free in the future. I do not believe that there is any reason to describe storyline events.. Take a look at how most folks on GameFaqs do this.

Otherwise I thank you for your work and I find this guide to be extremely helpful. It made me start a new playthrough after taking a long-ass break from Reborn.

Started a new Reborn game, I'm also following your guide to see if they aren't any mistakes.

Aaaand I spotted one : you missed one question on the monitors in Florinia's Gym.

"At was level does a Cubchoo evolve ?", the answer being 37.

Whoa, I skipped over that question, even though I had it in my notepad.. >>; Thanks, Drayker!

This is highly subjective, however I think you might want to make that guide more spoiler-free in the future. I do not believe that there is any reason to describe storyline events.. Take a look at how most folks on GameFaqs do this.

Otherwise I thank you for your work and I find this guide to be extremely helpful. It made me start a new playthrough after taking a long-ass break from Reborn.

Can't say I'm actually experienced in making guides for actual games. I've only written one "guide" in my entire life before this one, and it's meant to be as detailed as possible, whoever doesn't want to complete the entire game 100% doesn't have to read all the (spoiler) events for exclusive Pokémon. Besides, not describing the story-line would just literally make it a boring wall of text without any flavour to it, wouldn't it? :l

Aside from that, constructive criticism is always welcome. n__n

Well I always look for guides to be informative and don't mind if they're "boring". I mean I could always read a book if I wanted something fun to read :P Also I wasn't talking about spoiler-tagged pokemon events, these are very important to have. Just pure storyline stuff like what are the NPCs doing during the scenes.

But like I said, that's subjective, and if you enjoy doing it like that, go for it.

Well I always look for guides to be informative and don't mind if they're "boring". I mean I could always read a book if I wanted something fun to read :P Also I wasn't talking about spoiler-tagged pokemon events, these are very important to have. Just pure storyline stuff like what are the NPCs doing during the scenes.

But like I said, that's subjective, and if you enjoy doing it like that, go for it.

That's just it, the guide would have empty slots (imo) if things aren't explained into further detail. This is my opinion though. n__n

That being said;

Update 13 is complete: Guide now reads up to the point the player is required to go to the orphanage, Team Aqua/Magma gang events that are currently available are in as well, also added the missing question in Florinia's gym regarding Chubchoo. Tomorrow's update will feature the rest of the Lapis Ward, including Shelly's (98% complete) team/line-up!

If there's anyone out there who has the following information on Shelly's line-up regarding the following Pokémon; I'm missing 3 moves on 3 of her Pokémon!

I'd really appreciate if someone could help and figure out the 4th move on the following Pokémon;

Dwebble - Currently known moves: Rock Slide / Bug Bite / Stealth Rock -> Assuming 4th move is Struggle Bug, would like confirmation!

Volbeat - Currently known moves: Tail Glow / Struggle Bug / Confuse Ray -> 4th move unknown

Masquerain - Currently known moves: Bubblebeam / Icy Wind / Struggle Bug -> 4th move unknown, I think it's Roost- But I'm not sure.

Happy reading!

Hey, your guide says to go to the orphanage after talking to Victoria in Shelly's Gym. However, when I tried to do this, the doors were locked and I couldn't get in. Instead it seems that I'm supposed to go enter a cave in the Grand Stairway, where Victoria and some grunts are.

Hey, your guide says to go to the orphanage after talking to Victoria in Shelly's Gym. However, when I tried to do this, the doors were locked and I couldn't get in. Instead it seems that I'm supposed to go enter a cave in the Grand Stairway, where Victoria and some grunts are.

I think you are right, but that part of the guide is fairly new so there's always time to improve and fix.

Volbeat's fourth move is Moonlight. I have a record from Episode 10 that says that Masquerain's is Stun Spore, but I dunno, that might have been changed...

No idea on Dwebble's, though.

This turned out to be correct, thanks!

Edited and fixed, I forgot to add that part in. I need to stop working at the guide at random times.. Like- 1 AM.. 2 AM.. >>;

Dwebble knows Shell Smash ;)

Thanks Mikz, added that to its list of movesets!

Update 14 is alive anddddd kickin'!

4/23/2014 Note14: Lapis Ward complete! From where yesterday's note left off, I've continued and written the remainder of what can be done in the Lapis Ward up until defeating Shelly. Made note of the Grand Stairway grinding area, as well as the Rock Smash TM that can easily be missed! Shelly's line-up is now 100% accurate, moves and items are as they should be, tips and strategies are also included!

Didn't post this in the notepad section, but I've also added the encounter list for the Grand Stairway, including the event Pokémon, Lunatone and Solrock.

Next update will feature new areas now accessible with Rock Smash, will include the Mining Kit Hiker as well, very important to point this out!

If anyone knows where I can find a list of items you can obtain through Mining, I'd really appreciate it through PM or a reply. ^_^

Happy reading everyone!

Edited by RainbowDash

Unfortunately, I have to take a short break with the guide to progress further into Reborn itself. Can't have a guide without making progress and whatnot, right? XD

On another note;

The screenshots I've currently made with hidden items- Would you guys like me to put them in a .rar file and upload them somewhere for convenience purposes? 'Cause I'd edit them in, but they just appear so randomly. Or I could have a word with Ikaru/Ame to make yet another topic solely used for hidden items, though I don't think that's the best idea.

Just give me the word and I'll put them in a .rar file available for download. Screenshots will have location and item name in the image name themselves, for easy searching convenience. n__n

~Dashie

There is a problem with your guide to Shelly's gym puzzle. I followed it stricltly to the line that says "- Go back across the bookcases and turn on the left monitor". Problem : you can't go back to the bottom of the room. Can't remember how I did it but your instructions are wrong. I'll try to go back to that gym and see where the error is.

Apart from that, good job again, your guide is pretty accurate.

Edited by Drayker

There is a problem with your guide to Shelly's gym puzzle. I followed it stricltly to the line that says "- Go back across the bookcases and turn on the left monitor". Problem : you can't go back to the bottom of the room. Can't remember how I did it but your instructions are wrong. I'll try to go back to that gym and see where the error is.

Apart from that, good job again, your guide is pretty accurate.

I've posted a video link to Nickaboo92's video guide tutorial and followed the exact same steps he made to get that puzzle working.. o-o Check out the spoiler and video link, if that doesn't work still let me know, I'll check if I didn't mess up somewhere. :x

I thiiiiiiiink I can post a short update 15 tomorrow. Unless the misses comes over early, which I doubt.

Update will pretty much include everything up to Corey, including team/strategy and the entire works. And I'll partially include the Bysbyxion Wasteland storyline up until after Corey is beaten. Cause I'm still there in-game.

n__n

Update 15 is live! Sorry guys, I had to progress through Reborn a bit more to be able to keep going..

Note15: After having progressed through Reborn a little bit more, I've made a little update featuring the things now available to the player after defeating Shelly and obtaining Rock Smash. Mining Kit location is explained as well. The Drifloon event + scenes are added, including the reward for completing this side-quest (additional floor in Dept. Store). Final thing added was encounter with Fern in the Grand Hall. Next update will feature encounter with Cain and continuing storyline.

Shade gave me one helluva challenge and took quite some time to get past with my current line-up..

For anyone wondering what I'm using in my playthrough, my team is currently as follows;

Silver (Greninja) - Ability: Protean - Night Slash / Water Pulse / Round / Grass Knot (Level 42 I believe)

Fezz (Growlithe - Ability: Intimidate - Crunch / Fire Fang / Flamethrower / Rock Smash (Level 41)

Shirinui (Helioptile) - Ability: Dry Skin - Parabolic Charge / Bulldoze / Charge Beam / Grass Knot (Level 39)

Tempy (Azumarill) - Ability: Huge Power - Aqua Tail / Bounce / Double-Edge / Superpower (Level 43)

Pow (Kirlia) - Ability: Trace - Psychic / Charge Beam / Calm Mind / Magical Leaf (Level 39, future Gallade)

Fruity (Noibat) - Ability: Frisk - Tailwind / Roost / Shadow Ball / Air Cutter (Level 38)

Currently at Pyrous Mountain, training up to get ready to face Cal.

This is a very reliable squad who have yet to completely fail on me in terms of scouting for moves and items to get this guide as accurate as possible, though I do have quite some help from outside the game (Mikzal, Tempest and Blind Guardian mainly), helping me with things I've missed. I greatly appreciate their help, but I also appreciate all the comments you guys have made, thanks again!

Just a quick note. Scraggy and pancham are both now available by rock smashing through the railnet to grab the dull key. This window of opportunity will disappear after the gym battle with Shade as Cain will wreck the area you can get through. So if you want a scraggy or a pancham somewhere between just after the Shelly battle and just after the Aya battle this is the only time to pick up the key.