Dashie's Pokemon Reborn Guide (Discussion)

DashingStorm

Just a quick note. Scraggy and pancham are both now available by rock smashing through the railnet to grab the dull key. This window of opportunity will disappear after the gym battle with Shade as Cain will wreck the area you can get through. So if you want a scraggy or a pancham somewhere between just after the Shelly battle and just after the Aya battle this is the only time to pick up the key.

I'm aware of this, my notes specifically say that when you meet everyone in the Underground Railnet and you get sent out to find Shade to have xym power up the Yureyu Power Plant after the Gym Battle, you need to loop the party's location around south-east to get the Dull Key, just past the stranded train. No worries, I've got it covered n__n.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update 16 is a minor one- I have a killer headache.. And can't focus on writing tonight.

I'll have a big update ready for tomorrow that goes up until Shade, including the Pancham Playground side-quest and Shade's gym battle!

Just a quick note. Scraggy and pancham are both now available by rock smashing through the railnet to grab the dull key. This window of opportunity will disappear after the gym battle with Shade as Cain will wreck the area you can get through. So if you want a scraggy or a pancham somewhere between just after the Shelly battle and just after the Aya battle this is the only time to pick up the key.

Really? Thats actually really useful to note because of how useful Scraggy is against Shade. Haven't used pancham, but it seems like it would be useful too if you get a scrappy one. Edited by Khey

I can confirm that in episode 10.5 Shelly's yanmega knew struggle bug. Can't say anything past that though.

Going way back to the initial part of your guide, I've noticed a few things. According to Notus' EV training guide (which uses stats given to him by Tempest), geodude is not able to be found in the underground railnet. Also koffing and espurr can't be found until later hideouts (lower obsidia and aqua/magma hideouts respectively).

I'm pretty sure Shelly's Yanmega knows Struggle Bug(not Bug Bite), and Fern's Roserade knows Sleep Powder(not Leech Seed).

Fixed, thanks!

I can confirm that in episode 10.5 Shelly's yanmega knew struggle bug. Can't say anything past that though.

Going way back to the initial part of your guide, I've noticed a few things. According to Notus' EV training guide (which uses stats given to him by Tempest), geodude is not able to be found in the underground railnet. Also koffing and espurr can't be found until later hideouts (lower obsidia and aqua/magma hideouts respectively).

Fixed the Struggle Bug thingy. I need to remove Geodude and/or put a note there you can only obtain it after you obtain Rock Smash, because it's a wild Pokémon encounter post-Shade.

Koffing can be found in the Obsidia Ward/Peridot Ward alleyways.. I'll double-check. Espurr can also be obtained in 2 different locations; North Peridot Ward and the Magma hideout :x

Update 17 is a-go!

5/4/2014 Note17: Added battle vs Cain at Beryl Cemetary (full set), storyline continues after battle with Cain, added Pancham Playground + Scraggy event, added battle vs Entity Shade (full team/items), added encounter list for abandoned Power Plant!

I have some minor updates to make, as well as having to progress further into Reborn yet again. xD

So next update may be a day or two..?

I did some grinding in the power plant in episode 11. There are definitely magnemites to be found there. Also, I doubt roselia will do well against gourgeist (did you try this?) due to it's complete and utter lack of good poison type attacks. Gourgeist will wall it and probably kill it with phantom force and confuse ray. Smart thinking using a grass type though. I'd recommend Jumpluff, it gets STAB acrobatics at level 30 something and should straight up beat it. Or Emolga, 'cause everyone reckons it's amazing.

Edited by Sheep93

I did some grinding in the power plant in episode 11. There are definitely magnemites to be found there. Also, I doubt roselia will do well against gourgeist (did you try this?) due to it's complete and utter lack of good poison type attacks. Gourgeist will wall it and probably kill it with phantom force and confuse ray. Smart thinking using a grass type though. I'd recommend Jumpluff, it gets STAB acrobatics at level 30 something and should straight up beat it. Or Emolga, 'cause everyone reckons it's amazing.

I'll add Magnemite to the list, I knew I've seen them back in E10.. Roselia gets Toxic at level 40, which Gourgeist isn't immune to, that's why I put it there :x- That and Roselia would be immune to Leech Seed. Jumpluff sounds like a good idea, as does Emolga. I'll add those in right now.

Might want to add that Zoroark is very effective against Shade, too. It's quick + gets Night Daze from the move relearner right off the bat.

Also, are you sure that Chandelure has Confuse Ray? In Episode 10.5, it definitely used Hidden Power against my Gyarados... (I can't tell you what type it was, beyond the fact that it was neutral on him) so unless it was changed between then and now...

Might want to add that Zoroark is very effective against Shade, too. It's quick + gets Night Daze from the move relearner right off the bat.

Also, are you sure that Chandelure has Confuse Ray? In Episode 10.5, it definitely used Hidden Power against my Gyarados... (I can't tell you what type it was, beyond the fact that it was neutral on him) so unless it was changed between then and now...

I've completely forgotten to add the Zorua event, though I do have it on my "to-do/add list". And I'm absolutely positive it has Confuse Ray. If it had Hidden Power before, it was most likely Grass- Maybe even Ice. Gengar's Hidden Power though.. I really think it's HP Fighting, but it could just be HP Fire- It wasn't very effective on Azumarill/Noibat- So I have no idea which of the two it is. Fighting would make sense (weak version of Focus Blast).

- Usually, if I'm not 100% sure about the move, I note it with a (?), meaning I need to have this checked before I fully confirm whether the move is correct or not. :x (Example; Pokemon Don Pangoro battle, the level 50 one, I have no idea what 4th move it has because it's only used 3 moves on me after 8 resets. >>; So I went with the most obvious thing I could think of.)

Yeah, Gengar's is definitely Hidden Power Fighting (it was super-effective on my Pangoro, so there's nothing else it could be taking Azumarill/Noibat's resistance to it into account)... I guess Chandelure doesn't have it anymore, then. It didn't use it on me in my most recent battle with him (granted Flame Burst and Shadow Ball were better options on Ampharos...) so I guess it was changed.

I doubt it was Grass, though, since Chandelure has always had Energy Ball. I figured it was Fairy, but, who knows...

• 2 weeks later...

Anddddddd after all the forum downtime and my studies interfering, I managed to post a little bit for the guide; It now runs up to the battle with ZEL in Blacksteam Factory!

5/21/2014 Note18: Storyline continues after finding Victoria in Underground Railnet, added Blacksteam Factory + Ditto event, added Blacksteam Factory Pokémon puzzle, battle with ZEL with complete data added

• 2 weeks later...

The guide will progress again starting tomorrow! (5/6/2014)

Due to the forums being down and me having a lot of rl issues (family/girlfriend), as well as a temporary loss of motivation, I just had to put this on hold until I got my shit back together.

Now that I have, I feel hyped and pumped to continue with the guide.

Thanks to a certain someone fixing me something that would make my life easier while progressing with the guide, I can't wait to actually make somewhat faster progress this time around.. (You know who you are, if you even lurk around the forums! n__n)

That being said, the next update should continue all the way up from the Coral Ward, from where you obtain the boat to head to Apophyll Academy, to the battle with Kiki and what follows afterwards.

Would like to thank a few people who've been consistently helping me with minor updates and such (mostly dev team)~

B. Guardian, Cowtao, Tempest, Vinny, Mikzal and of course Amethyst and Ikaru~

Everyone who's posted in this thread with things I missed/messed up on, people who've PM'd me in the past as well~

Thanks a lot everyone! n__n

I finally got around to posting the update I semi-promised.

Semi being that I didn't complete the section that would finish the Bysbyxion Wasteland saga, but I could post the final part (up until Aya) whenever I can.

However, I did post the part from where I last left the guide, up until the battle with Cal, with complete movesets and whatnot, the encounter list for Apophyll Beach/Pyrous Mountain will follow soon as well.

Several events/trades are included as well.

I would like to point out that the guide is still based on Episode 11! I will get around to adjusting it to Episode 12 as soon as I finish the guide from where 11 ends!

It's good to note that if people are struggling with Cal you can manipulate the weather to make it rain. This dramatically decreases his difficulty level.

I completely forgot to make note of another update-

Added the battle with Victoria and added encounter lists for Apophyll Beach, Apophyll Cove and Pyrous Mountain, clarification for the Tepig event is still needed.

There's this one Strength boulder randomly in the middle of the floor that you have to push down a hole, so Tepig isn't obtainable until after you get Strength.

At least, that's how I remember it being, it's been a while since I've done that event...