Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Whismur Event

1ofthe4rocketbros

Question

Alright, so I've done a lot of searches involving the Whismur and Onix events but I can't seem to find what I'm missing to get the entire chain of events started. Here's a list of what I've done so far that may or may not be relevant to everything:

• I have talked to both of the guys above the Peridot Pokemon Center, several times.
  • I have Pokesnax in my bag (a lot of them, actually).
  • I have talked to the Hiker outside of Peridot station.
  • I have made it to the end of Episode 11 (so I definitely have received the 1st badge).

Still, no Whismur appears. Does anyone have an idea of what else I might need to do?

20 answers to this question

DOES whismur still appear in ep 11? I thought his event was swapped for Onix.

From what I've read you still need to get the Whismur event out of the way before the guy appears in the house saying that he wants to sell it to someone else. However, if that's not the case then the fact that the house salesman doesn't appear at all is another problem entirely.

Huh. Explains why I couldn't get the whismur in the first place. Maybe you have to find the salesman first? Dunno. I've never really wanted wanted whismur (I find him a burden to train tbh)

Hmm... Since i did the Whismur event before the Onix event, i can't really say exactly what you need to do... However, i can think of some stuff...

• I have talked to the Hiker outside of Peridot station.

Really? If both events take place in the same area, i guess that you shouldn't have talked with the Hiker... Maybe one event deletes the other? I don't know, it's possible... But if that's the case, well... That'd be bad... Ok, you can get Loudred in the 7th street, but still...

• I have made it to the end of Episode 11 (so I definitely have received the 1st badge).

Really? Then, maybe the Whismur only appears before the 1st gym... eh? I don't know, but it's possible... After all, you can get Loudred in the future, so i wouldn't be surprised... I don't believe this is the case though, but it's a possiblity...

Situations like this makes me wish that Ame was a bit more "clear" sometimes... ^^

Hmm... Since i did the Whismur event before the Onix event, i can't really say exactly what you need to do... However, i can think of some stuff...

Really? If both events take place in the same area, i guess that you shouldn't have talked with the Hiker... Maybe one event deletes the other? I don't know, it's possible... But if that's the case, well... That'd be bad... Ok, you can get Loudred in the 7th street, but still...

Really? Then, maybe the Whismur only appears before the 1st gym... eh? I don't know, but it's possible... After all, you can get Loudred in the future, so i wouldn't be surprised... I don't believe this is the case though, but it's a possiblity...

Situations like this makes me wish that Ame was a bit more "clear" sometimes... ^^

Yeah those all might be applicable here. I definitely remember visiting the house before beating the first gym because I remembered Whismur being there in like Episode 8 or so, but I don't remember if I talked to the NPCs in question before or after that took place.

Yeah those all might be applicable here. I definitely remember visiting the house before beating the first gym because I remembered Whismur being there in like Episode 8 or so, but I don't remember if I talked to the NPCs in question before or after that took place.

There was no need to talk with the NPCs before though, so whatever...

I think i have a save file here, and i'm going to test something... Hang on...

EDIT: Hmm... After beating Julia, i talked with the guys that trigger the Whismur event, but to no avail... Whismur never appeared... I'm starting to think that Whismur only appears before the first gym... But idk...

Ame pls, a bit of light here?

Pokemon Reborn is different in the fact that certain opportunities are only available for a certain time, and at a certain time in a few cases. I believe this incident of the missing Whismer is proof of this fact. Another proof could possibly be that the is a man who said he lost his Azumarill, and after gaining access to said Pokemon and recruiting it or not, you find that the man is gone. This game has a style of progression no other Pokemon game has had before, that I know of at least.

Pokemon Reborn is different in the fact that certain opportunities are only available for a certain time, and at a certain time in a few cases. I believe this incident of the missing Whismer is proof of this fact. Another proof could possibly be that the is a man who said he lost his Azumarill, and after gaining access to said Pokemon and recruiting it or not, you find that the man is gone. This game has a style of progression no other Pokemon game has had before, that I know of at least.

I have my doubts as to whether or not that's the case here. I went and started a new file just to test some things and did all of the following before getting the first badge:

1. Visited the house where Whismur should be.
  2. Talked to the guys above the Peridot Pokemon Center and then visited the house.
  3. Went and got Pokesnax and then visited the house.
  4. Talked to the guys above the PC after getting Pokesnax and then visited the house.
  5. Talked to the Hiker after getting Pokesnax and then visited the house.
  6. Talked to the guys above the PC again after talking to the Hiker and then visited the house.

None of these caused Whismur to appear. I mean it's not that big of a deal given that Loudred is available later, but in the event that the empty house somehow causes something else to happen further down in the story, I'd like to at least know how I can cause all of it to be triggered.

Edited by 1ofthe4rocketbros

Hmm... now i'm confused... I'm going to test it out myself, but in a different way... It appears that the Whismur is like the Mismagius in ep.11...

What i mean by that, is this: For whatever reason, Mismagius is not showing up in the correct way in ep.11... But when i went back to episode 10, he appeared in both episodes - 10 and 11...

I know this is kinda stupid, and that i could do it myself, but... Do you have your save when you bought the pokesnax before the 1st gym? If yes, can you post it here please?

Hmm... now i'm confused... I'm going to test it out myself, but in a different way... It appears that the Whismur is like the Mismagius in ep.11...

What i mean by that, is this: For whatever reason, Mismagius is not showing up in the correct way in ep.11... But when i went back to episode 10, he appeared in both episodes - 10 and 11...

I know this is kinda stupid, and that i could do it myself, but... Do you have your save when you bought the pokesnax before the 1st gym? If yes, can you post it here please?

I don't, actually :\

But I can get back to that point relatively quickly if needed.

Well, the Azurill's owner is supposed to leave. Ame has confirmed that. Because he left, the trainer gets to keep the Azurill.

And I tried to get Whismur even in 10 and 10.5, but never could. The event was probably overridden by the Onix event.

And I tried to get Whismur even in 10 and 10.5, but never could. The event was probably overridden by the Onix event.

Amethyst oversight then? Hmm...

On this case, Ame: Change Whismur in the obtainable list...

It makes sense, since Loudred is now available, but still...

Whismur only appears with Pokesnax now. If you had some and it didn't appear then we're probably having the same issue as with Ralts.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Ralts issue. Does this mean that there's something specific that I have to do to get the Pokesnax to trigger Whismur appearing or is it currently incapable of being triggered until it's rectified in the next update?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Ralts issue. Does this mean that there's something specific that I have to do to get the Pokesnax to trigger Whismur appearing or is it currently incapable of being triggered until it's rectified in the next update?

Basically, you have to wait until the "pokesnax code" or whatever it is, trigger, so you can do it... I don't know exactly how it works, but i know you have to wait...

• Veterans

Wait ... what there is an mismagius available

Whismur only appears with Pokesnax now. If you had some and it didn't appear then we're probably having the same issue as with Ralts.

No problems with Ralts on Pokesnax, just for reference.