Is Pokemon really that bad?

PETA has been out to get Pokemon for a while now...

They've said pokemon promotes the ideas of enslavement and animal cruelty.

As a fan of pokemon since gen 3 I personally call PETA's bullshit.

PETA believes pokemon are forced to fight for entertainment.

If they would open their eyes to the first damn 15 minutes of a pokemon game they would see pokemon are protecting their trainers (their best friends) from wild pokemon that attack them and their friends.

Gen 3

The professor was attacked by a wild pokemon and you and your new pokemon have to save him

Gen 4

You and Barry are attacked and your pokemon defended you from the starly

Gen 5

Ummm...

Well... Never mind... Nobody was really under threat...

Gen 6

No... No threats here either...

Now let's be honest. PETA isn't paying attention. They just assume they're right.

Pokemon anime

The first freaking episode.

Pikachu hates Ash

Pikachu is about to get his ass mutilated by spearows.

Ash actually attempts sacrifice to save Pikachu's life. Pikachu realized how much Ash cared and defended him.

Pokemon movie

Movie one!

Mewtwo realized that trainers weren't abusing their pokemon like he thought they were and even killed Ash just as he'd realized that.

Pikachu and every other pokemon except mew and mewtwo were bawling like babies.

So PETA? Sound like these pokemon were slaves? Is pokemon really that bad?

Give me your opinion.

Although I find it funny that parents can kick their kids out at age 10 to go off on a treacherous adventure with a high chance of death XD.

Short Answer: No, Pokemon isn't that bad, considering it's a children's game set in a world where the logic of ours does not apply. Besides, PETA really lashes out at anything just to get their name everywhere. Its no doubt their tactic to making their voice heard.

Long Answer: I don't want to write a long answer :)

While I'm for animal rights, I hate PETA. There methods are ridiculous, and if you start looking at their statistics, there actions contradict they're message.

As for Pokemon, when you look at the game and anime, Pokemon repeatedly stand of for their trainers under there own free will out of respect and companionship. When you look at the Pokemon that hate their trainers, they certainly don't fight for their them. Just my two cents.

Pokemon is "bad"? What do these people from PETA smoke? Must be some heavy stuff :blink:. Pokemon is a game for children (although some mechanics and Pokedex entries are "scary/strange"), well i don't care what those people think.

P.S.

In truth i think Pokemon would be more interesting if it was more "bad" (like Reborn for example :)).

*blinks* I'm going to insult PETA so hard now after hearing what Tenshine said about them trying to get their voice heard:

Who the fuck are they? >> (But in all seriousness, I've never heard of them at all.) But I have to agree with this: their argument is properly absurd. They should really watch every pokemon anime episode. There's hardly any animal cruelty in it at all.

EDIT: they could even look at Reborn, if anything, the pokemon are cruel to us ;-; Since when does a garchomp chop peoples' heads off with Dragon Rush, or an Electivire Shock people instead of pokemon, or a Tyranitar use superpower on a human? >> (Errrr. Since Reborn, I guess, BUT YOU GET MY POINT RIGHT?!)

EDIT 2: Oop. I got ninja'd to my reborn theory (sort of, lol...)

Edited by Lynxiechan

So PETA decided to bash on pokemon cuz they don't have anything better to do?

At least I, after playing pokemon, never said to my dog: "Another dog! Go my dog, use Bite!"

Pretty much.

PETA is a group of attention whores. Nothing more. They present depictions of animal cruelty as unacceptable. Forget REAL animal cruelty, it's the enslavement of animals and dogfighting in video games that's a real problem. No, I say to you, have fun with your monster catching and dogfighting simulator. It's completely less immoral than war simulators like Call of Duty which depict the murder of humans.

They rather use all their money into hireing dumb celebrites and making lame computer games that bashes franchises that makes millions of dollars rather then useing the money they get to save actual animals. Why? Because the more we tslk about them the more "populare" they get and they make money off the publicity and people playing their lame flash games.

Let's face it, PETA would be cool, would, if they didn't target video games or any show and started the name calling like little children. Seriously, kill a rat in a game? Peta points their little fingers at you or the game and starts talkin shit. Animal rights are actually pretty nice, but the way PETA is doing it is kinda, pointless, if you ask me about that.

• 4 weeks later...

i have no idea wha peta even is but i cant accept anybody badmouthing pokemon! pokemon (as well as digimon and other wonderful anime/manga/games) promote real friendship even better than disney. they teach children to carefully choose their friends and if u found one to never let something or anybody get between u. if u watch at cartoons nowadays girls get taught how to be a bitch while treating anybody else as bitches and boys get to see dumb violance and disrespectful behavior as cool things they need to mimic. actually when it comes to anime i think digimon was even better but even though i think in stead of badmouthing oldschool anime like pokemon they should rather work to get more of those into tv.

Edited by Mimmu

They are over-reacting and being too sensitive over trivial matters. They should just focus on real life animal issues only. Bashing on a game which they most obviously did not do much research on only serves to ridicule themselves instead of the game itself.

no, it's not that bad. But they so damn incompetent that it's far easier for their tiny little minds to bash and try to start a witch hunt over a child's game instead of actually going after cases of AC that occur in reality daily. Deforestation in south america and parts of asia? nope, they'd rather bash Pokemon. Poaching of elephants, rhinos, and various other animals in Africa? Again, they'd rather bash pokemon.

The fact of the matter is, they're completely useless when it comes to accomplishing the actual goal that their name implies. They're like rabid dogs really, foaming at the mouth and Lashing out at anything they see. And we all know that there is but one thing that can be done for Rabid dogs...

While I'm for animal rights, I hate PETA. There methods are ridiculous, and if you start looking at their statistics, there actions contradict they're message.

As for Pokemon, when you look at the game and anime, Pokemon repeatedly stand of for their trainers under there own free will out of respect and companionship. When you look at the Pokemon that hate their trainers, they certainly don't fight for their them. Just my two cents.

^^^^^This

You'll also note that Pokemon that don't trust their trainers go so far as to disobey them

Pokemon even addressed this in-game during Gen V with Team Plasma. Who are pretty literally Team PETA if you think about it. They steal and hurt Pokemon in a supposed/misguided effort to free said Pokemon

EDIT: they could even look at Reborn, if anything, the pokemon are cruel to us ;-; Since when does a garchomp chop peoples' heads off with Dragon Rush, or an Electivire Shock people instead of pokemon, or a Tyranitar use superpower on a human? >> (Errrr. Since Reborn, I guess, BUT YOU GET MY POINT RIGHT?!)

*Indicates anime* There's plenty of wild Pokemon violence there, but animals are weak and need protection, right?

Also, my favorite three words: DRAGONITE! HYPER BEAM!

Though that's being done by a trainer, but still

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Just as everyone here has said, pokemon is not bad because it's more about the pokemon wanting to be friends with the trainers, after being beat down and shoved into a tiny ball.

But that company had been out to get pokemon along with so many others things for the longest time, they just want to make a name for themselves, although it's a bad one.