The 6G Trainer Cards are here

Amethyst

• Administrators

Mine isn't updating either, Ame. I registered manually, and refreshed in a new tab.. still nothing. Would it be better to import?

Also, I ain't scared of some fire types. I say bring it on!

famous last words, son.

In any case that's strange that some cards aren't updating but others are. Mine has worked all three times I've changed it o-o

• Upvote 2

Yeah, mine's not working either, but I've only tried manual. No error comes up, it just shows my old card again when I finish. I'm not sure how you import from PO so I haven't tried that.

So, quick question. It's about the Trainer Cards, but not at the same time.

Are you intent on updating the Trainer Sprites? Or, will they remain as they are now?

I know new items are added and such, but I mean like are you intent on overhauling the general style and such?

So, quick question. It's about the Trainer Cards, but not at the same time.

Are you intent on updating the Trainer Sprites? Or, will they remain as they are now?

I know new items are added and such, but I mean like are you intent on overhauling the general style and such?

I believe the trainer sprites will stay the same. Doing completely new and shiny ones would involving redoing all the sprite shop items as well to fit them.

• Administrators

It's times like these that I wish I still had access to the site database.

You know, the thing I'm supposed to have access to.

*grumble grumble*

Okay, for people who's cards aren't loading, could one of you guys start a topic in Grand Hall, and post the teams you're trying to use?

• Administrators

Yeah, mine's not working either, but I've only tried manual. No error comes up, it just shows my old card again when I finish. I'm not sure how you import from PO so I haven't tried that.

cqVHZ5q.png

lID6Bbn.png

rO4Lzxt.png

kvax.png

Hopefully that's clear enough

• Upvote 1

Fire types have got a huge buff in 6th gen...Sure, Sun only lasts 5/8 turns now, but the overall power of fire has increased.

And no Megas? =(

Fire types have got a huge buff in 6th gen...Sure, Sun only lasts 5/8 turns now, but the overall power of fire has increased.

And no Megas? =(

Charlotte usually ended her battles in less than 5 turns anyways <<>>

And that's right no megas, at least in regular league.

* Kind of.

Kind..of?

My dear woman...do you have any idea on how ABSOLUTELY REASSURING THIS COMMENT WAS NOT? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyways.

Some stuff were kind of obvious, but here is something I've been wondering. Will there be a Gym leader meeting day where the new guys get to see the leaders before hand? Or are you gonna throw Luna or Benny-boy in our face like HA-?

Edited by Lunar081

Kind..of?

My dear woman...do you have any idea on how ABSOLUTELY REASSURING THIS COMMENT WAS NOT? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyways.

Some stuff were kind of obvious, but here is something I've been wondering. Will there be a Gym leader meeting day where the new guys get to see the leaders before hand? Or are you gonna throw Luna or Benny-boy in our face like HA-?

Nope we're throwing them at you. You'll meet them during league~ And by kind of she means... There's a little surprise.

Let's be honest, most people are probably not going to like the changes we're making to the rules. But... if it makes for a better challenge, then they're necessary.

Pretty much what she said. Season 2 was roflstomped by way too many people so Season 3 gets a few extra tricks and well... yeah

Gym Leaders having multiple Mega Evolutions confirmed.

Also, I wasn't here for seasons 1 and 2, but wouldn't it be bad if it's made TOO hard?

• Administrators

Well, here's the thing. This is a competitive level challenge, not a video game with a balanced curve (though our rank-shift system will ideally curve difficult to leader order)

An online league challenge like this does not benefit from delicate balance, because the more people that clear it, the less impressive having cleared it is. In other words, the glory of the challenge can be destroyed by making it too easy.

If we make it too hard...

Well...

That just means it'll be all the more impressive when someone does inevitably clear it.

For those reasons, when choosing rules, I would much rather ere on the side of too difficult than too easy.

If we find that it has become impossible, or too difficult, then we can pull back a little bit.

But, I suspect the set up we have planned will work out pretty nicely.

I understand makking it hard, I'm just concerned that somebody will beat 10 leaders, then find that it's essentially impossible for them to beat the 11th with their current team. If we could change a single move on the entire team between battles, that would be nice. But I know it won't happen...=(

I understand makking it hard, I'm just concerned that somebody will beat 10 leaders, then find that it's essentially impossible for them to beat the 11th with their current team. If we could change a single move on the entire team between battles, that would be nice. But I know it won't happen...=(

If you got to through 10 leaders you can get through the 11th. If you're walled for about 30 ish battles then maybe it's time to restart. It won't happen we aren't changing those rules. People have done fine with limited teams in the past or else we wouldn't have a HoF. If people did get stuck on a leader for a long period of time they restarted and ended up beating that leader easily. Case in point Bazaro with Samson

Wait till league starts, it all seems omg super hard too tough your rules need to be changed in words, but once you actually try it it isn't that hard. As seen by our HoF and how many people were close to getting into it at the end of S1/S2.