Angie Hate Thread V13.5

Techos

Angie is sooooo hard oh my lord LOL. Finally beat it after lots of hours spent brainstorming and trying different mons so I was wondering what other people did for this fight. This could be strats, teams, specfic pokemon anything, and I'm talking about the fight in chapter 7 I think it is.

I ended up going with a sand team with Dugtrio setting up sand, and then Golem&Barbaracle for damage. Angie's Arctovish and Jynx lead was giving so much trouble but I used Decidueye&Pangoro to double into the Arctovish, and then I'd get lucky with Jynx missing focus blasts trying to hit my rock men. I think my endgame was barely won with like Decidueye sucker killing Jynx, and the hero Staraptor winning the 1v1 vs RotomF with CC.

image.png.7d038fe831d3f2d2be9085123fbe3487.png

Won't go through my whole strategy for this battle as tl;dr but Obstagoon is great here.

I opened with Obstagoon using obstruct on the Jynx (and then KO with knock off). On the other side I had Froslass which with snow cloak and bright powder it starts with +2 boost to evasion. Froslass uses stealth rock (if you caught the rift version) and then will o wisp/flash on everything else. Also have Parting shot on Obstagoon is really helpful. Those 2 alone do so much damage to Angie's team you can be flexible with what you use for your other 4 slots.

• Like 1

My strat was counting on Solrock and A-Lapras. With some spare seeds, they get speed, do their job and, by the time they go ko, usually only Angie's slowest mons, such as Walrein, remain, so A-Raichu, Medicham, Blaziken, Delphox, Infernape and list goes of Fire or Fighting Type mons will finish the job.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 9:53 PM, trickroom said:

The Shadow Manectric was pretty good for me, Flame burst to melt the field and Mat Block for free turns is insane.

Yeah, melting the field is the way to go here. I personally used the Shadow Quagsire with Lava Plume that ended up with the same result, and I had the Manectric in the back to do the same if it got changed again. 

I even tried a rain/Swift Swim team at one point to at least get rid of the hail, but you can't turn the field with the rain (as the rain just goes away once it flips)

Also, other note: this fight is basically nullified by Hitmonlee and Blaziken only, it's a fight made for them, since the former learns Brick Break and Wide Guard while having Unburden, while the latter...it's Blaziken. Also you get Fighting Memory or even alternatives such as Chaotic Fusions. In short: Rock Climb.