Sierra, the Frostbite giver 8(

Lynxiechan

Okay, Heres the thing.

NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRY, I CANNOT BEAT SIERRA.

I don't know how. Ive tried Emboar, Ive tried Scraggy, Hell, Ive tried rain dancing with a swanna before doing anything else, and I got as far as frosslass and that thing annihilated me. Can somebody give me a tactic or something I could use against Sierra? Sadly, I forgot about how drought or could easily get rid of snow warning, and ended up not trying to get a vulpix with said ability.

My current team thats sticking is:

Emboar, lv 47, knows Flamethrower, Heat crash, Flame charge and Rock Smash (What I do is I Flame Charge and then heat crash for a bit before Jynx gets sent in)

Zoroark, lv 43 (Im planning to level it to 46 before I try again), knows Foul Play, Night Slash, Shadow Ball, and Rock Smash (Rock Smash then Night Slash is a good combo)

Swanna, lv 43 (I really have to bolster its sp.def.), Knows Air Slash (Totally useless), Rain Dance, Tailwind, and Roost (I cant even get as far as to use roost because both glaceon and abomasnow sweep the bird in one blizzard :I)

Gardevoir, lv 45, Knows Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Psychic and Double Team (this would be an annihilator if its goddamned speed was higher, but guess what I got? A REDUCTION IN SPEED, THATS RIGHT QQ)

Magneton, lv 46 ( I may or may not raise it to 48), Knows Electro Ball, Mirror Shot, Flash Cannon, and Charge Beam (Should I have kept Metal Sound? probably. But its too slow to get it in so I decided to go all offense with it, and I got it after ep 10 so I couldnt evolve it to Magnezone. *sigh* so sad)

Im currently training a croagunk, and sadly, the only fighting type move it learned was Revenge, and I stupidly swapped that for Mud Bomb, gg me qq

Any Ideas? Im really stuck, Ive lost to Sierra at least 4 times now. Its quite downheartening.

You lost ONLY 4 times you wanna say there are people here that tried to kill her many many times (10 or more) and haven't succeeded so i suggest you try again after leveling your pokemon a bit more. Start with Rain Dance to get rid of hail then use Scrafty (after leveling it up a bit of course) and you shouldn't have many problems.

Serra was the hardest gym leader for me too. I was stuck on her back in episode 9, and even though they said they slightly weakened her in episode 10 there was no difference that I could tell because she was still incredibly hard. I only managed to beat her in episode 10 because they fixed moxie. One thing I'd do is save even after you lose to her. The reason is because your Pokemon will gain exp from the few on her team that they do kill, which will help them level up and get better stats.

I've heard she's much easier if you have drought Ninetales, but if you don't have that she's almost impossible. You can get a Vulpix from the beauty salon if your lead Pokemon has high friendship. Train it up and get a fire stone to evlove and and you'll have Ninetales. Just make sure it had drought or try to breed for one that does. You can also get Macargo from the volcano area by Kiki's gym, it has double resistance to ice type moves. If you don't want to train up new Pokemon (I didn't either) you're going to be in for a long, difficult, rage filled battle.

This is what I eventually beat her with after a billion tries and pure dumb luck where she didn't get any critical hits, none of my attacks missed, and my quick claw activated multiple times.

Lv 50 Camerupt (lava plume, yawn, earthquake, flame burst) held quickclaw

Lv 49 Gyarados (aqua tail, ice fang, bite, dragon dance) lv 50 during battle

Lv 49 Alakazam (psychic, shadow ball, recover, calm mind)

Lv 47 Samurott (aqua tail, water pulse, revenge, slash) held mystic water

Lv 47 Emolga (acrobatics, spark, volt switch, shock wave)

Lv 43 Mawile (iron defense, faint attack, crunch, baton bass) lv 44 during battle

Gyarados received many moxies. Only gyarados, emolga (unused), and mawile (critical condition) were left alive.

Thanks for your suggestions, I ended up using a magmar and magneton duo and swiped her team to the side like matchsticks (magmar died against walrein but then I just electroballed it)

Personally, I think when I said 4, I wasnt really counting, I probably died more times than that, I was just so angry and frustrated because I didnt know where to train and then I found that the opal ward pokemon center gives battles daily so I just spammed that and levelled up an epic team.

My current team now is

Lucario, lv 56 (Aura Sphere ruined serra and noel LOL)

Gyarados lv 52 (Aqua Tail + Dragon Dance was even more smashing)

Magmar lv 52 (Flamethrower Sunny day Combo WOOT)

Krokorok Lv 34 (Yeah Im training it to screw fern over)

Spiritomb Lv 53 (yup. Spiritomb. Yup.)

Magneton lv 53 (DISCHARGEEEEE)

Yeah. They were all lv 46-48 when I screwed serra over, and krokorok was I think Mr Mime (lv 47 at the time of battle, died after using light screen but that saved my ass). Thanks for the suggestions, but I have to say, fire types rocked that battle, and magmar is the best investment Ive ever made. LOL

Just kill the weather, makes the fight super easy, and you don't even have to be leveled high at all. I didn't break the 50 mark until after episode 9.

True dat on the killing the weather statement.

Off topic, That loudred gif you have.... COOOOOL.

Ah, I didnt realize at first that 10.5 swapped this back to a singles battle. I was going to add that anyone trying to level ire pokemon up fast for this could try grinding in tanzan cove. tons of bug and grass pokemon to swat wth fire moves. Im not sure on what they give for ev's, but a level 19 soloing a level 35 oddish sure is some sweet xp.