Cool detail that happens if you beat Madame X in Blacksteeple Castle

jimkas

image.thumb.png.0651b3e00afe2f816b54f4b1415e5308.png

You become a High Priority target instead of a Low Priority one. The gang also praises your skill more too.
The way I beat her was a Focus Sashed Persian with Destinity Bond, you can get one by purifying a Shadow Meowth

Edited by jimkas
  • Haha 1

Yeah...I do wonder who wouldn't put a high-priority target on the head on someone who with 2 days beat 3 legendaries, 3 rifts and the leader of the current terrorist organization who's threating the whole world instead of a girl who couldn't defend herself without being around the first person and basically have a breakdown every 30 seconds. Wait a minute-

6 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

Yeah...I do wonder who wouldn't put a high-priority target on the head on someone who with 2 days beat 3 legendaries, 3 rifts and the leader of the current terrorist organization who's threating the whole world instead of a girl who couldn't defend herself without being around the first person and basically have a breakdown every 30 seconds. Wait a minute-

Ain’t irony a total misfortune?!

1 minute ago, SolareInferno said:

Ain’t irony a total misfortune?!

Unfortunatelly, things are like this. If they ever put resourses into searching the Interceptor after realizing what they are instead of spying Melia the whole time...but nooo, "There isn't a bigger threat than Melia herself, no no! There is no Interceptor at all! They are just a trainer! You know what? I'll leave them training and become strong! And...I'll leave them search for Legendaries while I continue to spy on Melia!" -Madame X said, probably.

13 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

Unfortunatelly, things are like this. If they ever put resourses into searching the Interceptor after realizing what they are instead of spying Melia the whole time...but nooo, "There isn't a bigger threat than Melia herself, no no! There is no Interceptor at all! They are just a trainer! You know what? I'll leave them training and become strong! And...I'll leave them search for Legendaries while I continue to spy on Melia!" -Madame X said, probably.

I don't think they are after Melia cause she is a threat, atleast not at the start of the story. Madame X clearly wants the power of the Archetype and maybe something only Melia has that we don't know yet.

True. Still, I think the change was nice, it should give a good example on how people should react to the MC's growing strength and made sense, since someone who could beat your leader and all of your admins multiple times should be indeed the first threat.

27 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

I do get Madam X's reasoning there: if she secures the archetype, she won, the protagonist only matters in quality of Melia's strongest bodyguard, and up to that point you never scored a clean win against Team Xen:

• Melia's kidnapping: D.N.F. by Melia's supposed death.
  • Carotos Mountain: the Sheridan Village didn't explode, only thanks to the intervention of Crescent and Keta himself, but Keta still died. I'm gonna call that a draw.
  • Wispy Tower: MC barely won thanks to Narcissa holding off Giratina.
  • MC's and Aelita's kidnapping: utter loss for the protagonist.
  • Confinement at Blacksteeple Castle: MC and crew did win, but at what cost?

If we assume she only knows about the situation from the reports, and that the admins want to look good in said reports, I wouldn't fault Madam X for noticing that something's off with the protagonist only by them doing the impossible (beating Yveltal).

18 minutes ago, dudeguyman said:

I do get Madam X's reasoning there: if she secures the archetype, she won, the protagonist only matters in quality of Melia's strongest bodyguard, and up to that point you never scored a clean win against Team Xen:

• Melia's kidnapping: D.N.F. by Melia's supposed death.
  • Carotos Mountain: the Sheridan Village didn't explode, only thanks to the intervention of Crescent and Keta himself, but Keta still died. I'm gonna call that a draw.
  • Wispy Tower: MC barely won thanks to Narcissa holding off Giratina.
  • MC's and Aelita's kidnapping: utter loss for the protagonist.
  • Confinement at Blacksteeple Castle: MC and crew did win, but at what cost?

If we assume she only knows about the situation from the reports, and that the admins want to look good in said reports, I wouldn't fault Madam X for noticing that something's off with the protagonist only by them doing the impossible (beating Yveltal).

For that same, she never did instead had a clear win or secure with Melia, the closest could be the one with Eclypsia, where I could say both had intervention, since Clear and Kieran came when Madame X could not fight anymore after her suit was damaged, while we had Delpha who nullified Clear's illusions and Adam, or the one with Valor Mountain, still a draw. Never get what Madame X truly wanted to do after setting up the player through some paths, now that we are talking about Madame X, threats, priority,...

image.thumb.png.d372aa060aaaef937edc8e62a0a9feb2.png

I'm just going to use this thread to post my favourite interactions. There is so much unique dialog that you get foe beating Madame X, it's insane to think about all the work that was put for details that most people will never see

Not sure if this has anything to do with beating Madame X or if it's completely unrelated.

Spoiler

When wandering in the basement of Tower of Theolia you will enconter Jehner and Zetta. Later they will save you from getting your head smashed by Angie instead of Cressent avoiding the minus 1 point towards her.

Spoiler

Wait, are there other points for her? Her relationship point system is already strange enough, but I didn't know you could loose points like that. I only knew that if you side sometimes with her, you increase hers but loose some for others.

Honestly those little adds on just make it abundantly obvious this game is super special. Like who even does something like that? It would have been so easy to leave it as is. Just a "you won but actually you lost" and never acknowledge it ever again. But no. Suddenly everyone treats you as a much bigger threat than before. The admins comment on it. Crescent does it, everyone has a word to say about that. I love this game so much, probably my favorite Pokemon game ever. 

30 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:
  Hide contents

Wait, are there other points for her? Her relationship point system is already strange enough, but I didn't know you could loose points like that. I only knew that if you side sometimes with her, you increase hers but loose some for others.

Spoiler

I meant her relationship points. If I recall correctly when she appears after you got crushed a red note appears over her head

32 minutes ago, jimkas said:
  Hide contents

I meant her relationship points. If I recall correctly when she appears after you got crushed a red note appears over her head

Spoiler

Wait I don't get it. Who looses points? Angie or Crescent? I never saw what happens if you loose against Madame X, so I never had negative points with Crescent.

41 minutes ago, BlackPrismHunte said:

Honestly those little adds on just make it abundantly obvious this game is super special. Like who even does something like that? It would have been so easy to leave it as is. Just a "you won but actually you lost" and never acknowledge it ever again. But no. Suddenly everyone treats you as a much bigger threat than before. The admins comment on it. Crescent does it, everyone has a word to say about that. I love this game so much, probably my favorite Pokemon game ever. 

I do wonder if winning against her unlocks something later after .Karma Files. I liked how Crescent obliviously turned again in her goth overprotecive mode and had to "force" us to believe it was nothing in order to only protect the player, as she only cared about them, while everyone else is just scared and Neved knew he could never won in his other fights.

31 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

I do wonder if winning against her unlocks something later after .Karma Files. I liked how Crescent obliviously turned again in her goth overprotecive mode and had to "force" us to believe it was nothing in order to only protect the player, as she only cared about them, while everyone else is just scared and Neved knew he could never won in his other fights.

Not that i noticed, maybe later in v14. For now it changes things mostly in Terajuma. 

36 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Not that i noticed, maybe later in v14. For now it changes things mostly in Terajuma. 

It would depend on how they will handle the whole routes and their path. Unfortunatelly, I have some "knowledge" on "multiple Paragon route endings" instead of one and it just changes on things you do, so I have some hopes if something changes later on if you beat Madame X.

I had no way of winning in my main run, but just did in my Fairy monotype run. I can't wait to see those changes in first person!

How did I win?
Sash Dedenne to Nuzzle the Yveltal, send out Sylven, pray that Yveltal is paralyzed so that Sylveon can set up the Light Screen, and it's Moon Force/Play Rough sweep with Sylveon, Florges, and Granbull from there.

Edited by dudeguyman

14 hours ago, dudeguyman said:

I had no way of winning in my main run, but just did in my Fairy monotype run. I can't wait to see those changes in first person!

How did I win?
Sash Dedenne to Nuzzle the Yveltal, send out Sylven, pray that Yveltal is paralyzed so that Sylveon can set up the Light Screen, and it's Moon Force/Play Rough sweep with Sylveon, Florges, and Granbull from there.

Yeah it's a good thing they nerfed her for the 37th time, now it has no shields, prioritize Hurricane and Focus Blast for no reason and with Focus Sash, the Monoruns have more strategies. MonoPsychic, let Hypno use Poison Gas and let Bronzong and Gothitelle bully Yveltal. Options are vast.