Hisuian Samurott plus Samurott creast?

Saraphimwolf

So according to the creast slashing moves are always supposed to be critical hits, but I gave it to my Hisuian samurott and it doesn't seem to be working. Tried using Air slash that it came with, ceeacless edge, and Razor shell but not a single crit. Dose it just not work for this version of Samurott or am I just using the wrong moves?

6 hours ago, Saraphimwolf said:

Damn, I am sad now, really wanted to use Hisuian with the creast.

If it's any consolation, Wyrdeer can make use of the Stantler crest. It gives a nice 50% boost to its attack and accuracy which means 90% accurate hypnosis, 100% accurate megahorn. Not the best but not terrible either.

4 hours ago, Metagro said:

If it's any consolation, Wyrdeer can make use of the Stantler crest. It gives a nice 50% boost to its attack and accuracy which means 90% accurate hypnosis, 100% accurate megahorn. Not the best but not terrible either.

I think the 50% attack buff is the important part of that equation. Effectively having 157 Attack with excellent physical coverage and intimidate support to help increase bulk is nuts. At this point, they should have made the Hypno crest a 2x Special Attack boost

3 hours ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

I think the 50% attack buff is the important part of that equation. Effectively having 157 Attack with excellent physical coverage and intimidate support to help increase bulk is nuts. At this point, they should have made the Hypno crest a 2x Special Attack boost

I mean, 146 Special Attack on Hypno is just as good as 142~ Attack on Stantler, especially because Stantler gets more physical coverage

14 hours ago, Metagro said:

That's cool, but hisuian Samurott is one of my favorite pokemon. The Oshawott line has always been my favorite starter line and when Samurott got the new form, I was suuuuper stoaked. So I was super happy thinking it would get the buff from the creast...but id don't.

14 hours ago, Saraphimwolf said:

That's cool, but hisuian Samurott is one of my favorite pokemon. The Oshawott line has always been my favorite starter line and when Samurott got the new form, I was suuuuper stoaked. So I was super happy thinking it would get the buff from the creast...but id don't.

I mean, it still gets the Sharpness boost afaik, which is pretty much the same effect, just less crits

14 hours ago, Saraphimwolf said:

Hisuian Samurott is strong enough, that's why he don't get the crest. With couple exceptions crests mainly exist to make underperforming pokemon more viable. 

22 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Hisuian Samurott is strong enough, that's why he don't get the crest. With couple exceptions crests mainly exist to make underperforming pokemon more viable. 

Still...

Spoiler

Zoroark's crest exists. It's already a good glass cannon before accessing strong Dark Types as Krookodile or Weavile and they decided to let it being obtainable much early and this let the last "early game Gym Leader" become a joke (other than giving more stones early such as Dawn Stone for Froslass). Why not giving it more STAB chances and giving more abilities, like Unmiss Focus Blast, Pure Power or Protean?

I definitley feel like there are still pokemon that need buffs through crests, even some of the new shadow event move pokemon. 

Fr, Cacturne Crest that's a Sand version of Empoleon's (Cave, Desert, Beach field) and buffs Fighting moves would be amazing for it

I think they should put a Chesnaught's crest or something unique to it, because adding crests to Greninja and Delphox, who both are really amazing starters in their own ways, will be a waste. Among the Grass Type Starters, Chesnaught is behind from the others and it will be more when they'll add Sceptilite and (Gen 9 spoilers)

Spoiler

Meowscarada.

why not give us Serperior and Emboar crests? they aren't nearly as powerful as some of the other starters even before crests. Why not have a Serperior Crest that lets physical moves be based off of special attack, and an embor crests that gives it 50% speed buff and rock head

Serperior doesn't need crests, it's true you need to get Leaf Storm before accessing its "full power", but it compensate the wait with speed and moves as Mirror Coat, Leech Seed and Nature Power and then becomes what it is, while Chesnaught...I think it's the starter most behind, other than being the first obtainable starter. Emboar too and it's outshined by all of the other Fire type starters (Charizard is awesome for early game, it's still a bit reliable later on and helps in Doubles; when it will get both megas and gigamax becomes even better, while Typhlosion has both an Hisuian Form and the crest, the others...you know.), included two others with same type such as Blaziken and Infernape. To be honest, I'm not sure how Emboar would compete with these two. Maybe a possible future crest will change things, who knows.