Taking suggestions for new Pokemon members.

Mr. Akeda

As the title states i am taking suggestions for new, fun, strong pokemon to add into my team. I will list my current lvl 90 squad and you post what you suggest which pokemon to possibly add and whom should be replaced. Thanks in advance. P.S if you suggest a physical attacker then it has to replace a physical attacker, i want to keep a balance.

Cinderace - Untouchable

Lucario - Black shiny 

Feraligatr - W/crest

Regular Volcarona -  Z-crystal bug

Gardevoir - W/Mega stone

Hydreigon - Uhh life orb

You're lacking a ground type, so I'd say maybe Aevian Golisopod is really good (found in Rysterine, east of Sashila). It packs a punch and it's slow as heck but gets access to First Impression AND sucker punch. Plus gets a good ability in skill link. 

Also where did you get Hydreigon?

2 hours ago, Metagro said:

You're lacking a ground type, so I'd say maybe Aevian Golisopod is really good (found in Rysterine, east of Sashila). It packs a punch and it's slow as heck but gets access to First Impression AND sucker punch. Plus gets a good ability in skill link. 

You get a Deino as a reward for finishing ALL of the Ana/Dylan Missing Children's quest, starting the final bit of the quest in Krystiline Village. The Deino is in a pokeball in Dylan's house in the Underground when you're done.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:06 AM, Mr. Akeda said:

As the title states i am taking suggestions for new, fun, strong pokemon to add into my team. I will list my current lvl 90 squad and you post what you suggest which pokemon to possibly add and whom should be replaced. Thanks in advance. P.S if you suggest a physical attacker then it has to replace a physical attacker, i want to keep a balance.

Cinderace - Untouchable

Lucario - Black shiny 

Feraligatr - W/crest

Regular Volcarona -  Z-crystal bug

Gardevoir - W/Mega stone

Hydreigon - Uhh life orb

If I'm honest? Volcarona (surprisingly) might be the weakest link of the team here. You're lacking a good pokemon to deal with Flying types (unless you're running Ice Fang in Feraligatr but even then). You've got a good Steel/Fairy/Dragon Core, so we should keep Hydreigon, Gardevoir and Lucario

If I had to make a suggestion, I would substitute Volcarona for Mamoswine, especially seeing as (by the time you can get Hydreigon) you can also get the Groundium-Z and Icium-Z if you still need a Z-Move (although I'd always reccomend Intercept-Z)

Porygon Z

Holding - Normalium Z

Ability - Adaptability

Thunderbolt 

Ice Beam

Recover

Conversion

Strat: Use normalium Z on conversion turn one. You'll get a +1 boost to every stat and become an electric type in this case (or whatever move type the first move in your list is). Adaptability means Thunderbolt has x2 stab instead of 1.5, coming off your already boosted +1 special attack. Ice Beam is good for coverage and with the stat boosts you're also fairly bulky to the point where recover can work too.

8 hours ago, Metagro said:

Haha i have actually tried A . Golisopod in the place of lucario and it was fun for a while but the random misses on the skill link moves were pretty annoying which is why i made this post in the first place. 

3 hours ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

If I'm honest? Volcarona (surprisingly) might be the weakest link of the team here. You're lacking a good pokemon to deal with Flying types (unless you're running Ice Fang in Feraligatr but even then). You've got a good Steel/Fairy/Dragon Core, so we should keep Hydreigon, Gardevoir and Lucario

If I had to make a suggestion, I would substitute Volcarona for Mamoswine, especially seeing as (by the time you can get Hydreigon) you can also get the Groundium-Z and Icium-Z if you still need a Z-Move (although I'd always reccomend Intercept-Z)

Ferligatr do have ice fang because the feraligatr crest is broken as hell, it is basically a mega pokemon now, mamoswine is interesting i have a shiny aevian gastradon i am thinking about as well. Thanks to everyone i will look into all of the options given to me here.

You don't read crest descriptions do you? Read what Feraligatr crest does, with it it's anything but dead weight. Sheer Force + Strong Jaw + priority for the first hit on switch in from 105 base attack is too strong if anything and need a bit of nerfing. 

90 base speed on Lucario maybe isn't super fast, but only available fighting types who outspeed it are Primeape, Sneasler, Infernape, H Liligant and Mienshao. Fighting types are rarely used for defensive purposes in normal playthroughs and he would surely picked up a bulky one if he needed it. It also got Bullet punch/Vacuum wave depensing on the build. 

Hatterene calm mind is better than Mega Gardevoir calm mind? Wot? Hatterene got 136 base sp attack and 103 sp defense, Mega Gardevoir got 165 base Sp attack and 135 base special defense, so Calm minding M gardevoir have objectively much higher benefits to it. Literally only thing Hatterene got over it is slightly better physical bulk, and Gardevoir aint tanking physical hits either way, mega or not, and Trick Room viability, which i don't think it's a trick room team, just a hunch. 

For the topic starter however, what do you mean "fun"? In what way fun, do you have any preferences or anything? 

I have to agree, plus Feraligatr got Dragon Dance by breeding. Other than that, Mega Gardevoir has Pixilate Hyper Voice, which is extremely good against Doubles and gives better advantage if you not play TR, especially during some gauntlets like

Spoiler

Obliteration Gauntlet

Hatterene has only more bulkiness and works better in Trick Room, but in his team, Gardevoir does her job fine and she's perfect mon in that team.

Crests are just an mechanic that helps weaker Pokèmon and make the majority of them viable, such as Cryogonal who is a monster against special attackers and nullify 4x Pokèmon weak to Freeze-Dry, other than having the capacity of setting screens and use Haze in any case. Why they would be cringe? If so, even fields should be.

You... do realise you can choose to setup on special pokemon and not physical ones? You are allowed to do that, pick at which point of the fight you want to setup. Which Mega Gardevoir does objectively better due to it's objectively better special bulk. 

1 minute ago, Superbia said:

Now you're basically creating an ideal scenario in which your suggestion allegedly makes more sense, in order to somehow paint it as better overall? Pathetic. 

Mega Gardevoir is incredibly physically squishy, there is 0 incentive for someone unbiased to claim it's a better setup sweeper than Hatterene, which has 30 points of physical defense over it and can reliably calm mind without fear of getting annihilated by a poison jab. Using his mega slot on Gardevoir is objectively bad, since he can just use Hatterene and get better results while simultaneously using his mega slot on something better. 

question: what's Hatterene's speed stat?

But it seems like he don't use Trick Room at all, since all of his Pokèmon and choices people gave him are fast Pokèmon, how he will setup with a slow Pokèmon if he don't use TR and has already M Gardevoir which is fine in many occasions? Pixilate Hyper Voice is a nice choice against Dazzling Gleam Hatterene, even before setting up, who even Sylveon should do. He will never have chances to setup with Calm Mind Hatterene with many fast boss battles. The speed is relevant in this case.

Just now, Superbia said:

Defensive mons don't care about low speed stats. Bold nature + Calm Mind setup makes Hatterene able to live multiple hits on either physical or special side and still sweep. It's not like you can't potion if it gets low, either. 

Damn, potion? I thought you were gonna go on about draining kiss recovery. I would argue, based on this guy's team structure, Mega Gardevoir is better at the role it's serving (a speedy special attacker) At base, Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice deals more than Hatterene Dazzling Gleam

1 hour ago, Mr. Akeda said:

Ferligatr do have ice fang because the feraligatr crest is broken as hell, it is basically a mega pokemon now, mamoswine is interesting i have a shiny aevian gastradon i am thinking about as well. Thanks to everyone i will look into all of the options given to me here.

I know, right? Tbf, all the johnto crests do this pretty much

People here can make their opinions and made normal and calm arguments to why your suggestion was wrong, why would you be rude? We only suggested why in his team is better having a fast special attacker against a slow but bulkier Pokèmon who will never have chances to setup against many fast battles that ultimately came out. And plus, if you think low of others' opinions, there is something wrong. There, I said mine, I don't want to progress further.