Best Aevian Pokemon

my364829

Aevian Gyarados/Magikarp - Sashila Village via trade for a Marenie/Toxapex. You get it as aevian magikarp lvl it up and it turns to the fire/dragon special attacking Monster also learns fiery dance so with proper setup can sweep like a volcarona also has Multiscale so yeah go setup if you can

Aevian Wimpod/Golisopod - Top of fort something in the desert. Lvl it up it evolves to A.Golisopod (Bug/Ground) has ability skill link available so Give it pin missile and was it bone rush? well you get the idea. Give it proper EVs & Nature then watch it tank like a champ and hit like a truck without the drawback of emergency exit.

Aevian Shroomish/Breloom - Somewhere in Darchlight Woods i believe. Evolve it then u got a breloom that does more dmg tnx to Tough Claws otherwise it's like a normal breloom only different typing

Aevian Feebas/Milotic - I forgot is this even still obtainable? Anyway its a physical Milotic with quite a unique typing (Poison/Fairy) that has Merciless so just set up a toxic spike and watch him kill all your poisoned foes Mercilessly. Pun intended

Among these four i'd rank them as follows

1.Golisopod - Best Bug type ever made both aevian and regular

2.Gyarados - Multiscale plus Fiery Dance goes brrr

3.Breloom - Good old breloom but hurts more

4.Milotic - Could hit harder than those above with proper ev and nature but is conditional

I'd like to hear your thoughts about this 

• Like 2

Aevian Ampharos is a Trick Room god with STAB bolt/beam combo and with Crest that essentially gives him a double Filter ability can be incredibly tanky as well. 

Aevian Chandelure is, well, Chandelure but electric, still have earth shattering amounts of special attack. Got Levitate as ability too, leaving him with only ghost weaknesses. 

Aevian Roserade got giant special attack with Technician, ridiculously strong priority Vacuum Wave boosted by Technician, Mud Barrage also deals silly amount of damage on it. Overall just a great choice whether you make it Modest for Vacuum Wave or Timid for other stuff. 

I don't particularly like Aevian Parasect but having essentially 2 lives with second one having 130 base attack with 105 base speed is really good. 

Aevian Lapras can utilize No Guard really well thanks to a great movepool that supports it with stuff like Zap Cannon, Sing, unmissing Stone Edges and Iron tail and stuff. Or can be made tankier with Solid Rock, however you want to do it. 

Aevian Mismagius is a very very good sweeper with 3 fantastic abilities. 

Aevian Volcarona is a pure Flying type Volcarona, it's a pretty good neutral type all things considered and it can still Quiver dance. As much of a terror as a normal Volcarona, if it sets up chances are it will sweep entire teams alone. 

Aevian Toxitricity essentially got 3 types and Galvanize boosted Boombursts shot from 114 base Special are ridiculous. 98 speed isnt super great but it's still quite good. 

Aevian Sigilyph got fantastic Fairy/Ghost type and Flare boost launches it's special attacks to stratosphere if you manage to do it. 

I didn't use some other new ones a ton like Glalie and Froslass, Kommo-o, Bronzong and Musharna (this one isn't new tho) but all of them are fairly powerful. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Aevian Ampharos is a Trick Room god with STAB bolt/beam combo and with Crest that essentially gives him a double Filter ability can be incredibly tanky as well. 

Aevian Chandelure is, well, Chandelure but electric, still have earth shattering amounts of special attack. Got Levitate as ability too, leaving him with only ghost weaknesses. 

Aevian Roserade got giant special attack with Technician, ridiculously strong priority Vacuum Wave boosted by Technician, Mud Barrage also deals silly amount of damage on it. Overall just a great choice whether you make it Modest for Vacuum Wave or Timid for other stuff. 

I don't particularly like Aevian Parasect but having essentially 2 lives with second one having 130 base attack with 105 base speed is really good. 

Aevian Lapras can utilize No Guard really well thanks to a great movepool that supports it with stuff like Zap Cannon, Sing, unmissing Stone Edges and Iron tail and stuff. Or can be made tankier with Solid Rock, however you want to do it. 

Aevian Mismagius is a very very good sweeper with 3 fantastic abilities. 

Aevian Volcarona is a pure Flying type Volcarona, it's a pretty good neutral type all things considered and it can still Quiver dance. As much of a terror as a normal Volcarona, if it sets up chances are it will sweep entire teams alone. 

Aevian Toxitricity essentially got 3 types and Galvanize boosted Boombursts shot from 114 base Special are ridiculous. 98 speed isnt super great but it's still quite good. 

Aevian Sigilyph got fantastic Fairy/Ghost type and Flare boost launches it's special attacks to stratosphere if you manage to do it. 

I didn't use some other new ones a ton like Glalie and Froslass, Kommo-o, Bronzong and Musharna (this one isn't old tho) but all of them are fairly powerful. 

While I can't speak for Glalie or Musharna, I can comment on the other 3!

Aevian Kommo-o is a really interesting Pokemon, with a plethora of resistances (and only 4 weaknesses not including shadow) allowing it to get Dragon Dances off easily. And with the Inexorable ability (which causes dragon moves to do 30% more damage against slower opponents) it's dragon STAB becomes a lot more spammable. Alternatively (Seeing as base 65 speed is not the highest) making use of Analytic would also deal massive damage

Aevian Frosslass is a demon with high speed and some decent abilities, but you'll want to run Adaptability for crazy strong Giga Drains and Hydro Pumps that feel more like Hydro Cannons

Aevian Bronzong is a pretty fun gimmick mon, seeing as it's ability Reflector changes Bronzong from a pure Steel type by adding the secondary typing of the Pokemon you switch in on. Sadly the uniqueness of it's signature move Mirror Beam (which always matches your secondary type) is decreased by the fact that, due to copying the secondary typing of your opponent with Reflector, it's most likely going to be a resisted hit anyway. It has it's uses, though

• Like 1

I was reading this topic and decided to try Aevian Froslass instead of Hisuian Electrode (who is really helpful during the Terajuma Arc), but I didn't expect her to do such damage with Muddy Water. She basically carried me with fights such as

Spoiler

Cloned-Adam Escavalier.

11 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

I was reading this topic and decided to try Aevian Froslass instead of Hisuian Electrode (who is really helpful during the Terajuma Arc), but I didn't expect her to do such damage with Muddy Water. She basically carried me with fights such as

Hide contents

Cloned-Adam Escavalier.

Spoiler

Deep Earth giving the gravity accuracy boost really helps it do numbers in that fight. Probably one of my favourite new fields when it works in my favour

2 hours ago, SoulN7 said:

Hide contents

Cloned-Adam Escavalier.

You do realize A-froslass can learn water spout too yes? slap choice scarf  and adaptability to it and watch him wash your foes away to oblivion. Yea I just tried her out lately one of my best glass cannon in my team

The problem of Aevian Palossand is that there are better choices if you want to bench Pokèmon like Tyranitar, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Steelix, Dusclops and Banette, Ninetales, Weavile, plenty of Fire types included Hisuian Typhlosion with the same typing, Regirock and Regice, etc. : Ampharos, Gyarados, Lapras, Sigilyph, Toxtricity, Parasect, etc. as Aevian forms. Plus, isn't Aevian Palossand a special attacker more than a physical? On the contrary, the others can be used more as rotations, backups and main choices...why bother using Aevian Palossand, if you search for alternatives that can help you (unless you like the Pokémon)?

Don't know, but it and Aevian Gastrodon are the forms I'm more conflicted than everything else.

On 11/21/2023 at 8:40 AM, ClaraTheCriminal said:

While I can't speak for Glalie or Musharna, I can comment on the other 3!

I can comment on Musharna, at least from the perspective of it versus other dark types

Musharna is a fairly decent pokemon if you get it early from Eizen. Tough claws Play Roughs and Throat chops deal pretty good damage, and it will generally live 1 or 2 hits from neutral STAB attacks, often 2-hitting anything that doesnt resist it. Its access to Lovely Kiss as well makes it a fairly good user of Zoom and Wide lens, and it can hold up well into endgame as a Trick Room setter and user. it is especially good against the Puppet Master gym fight ironically, as it can help sweep if you are able to bait them into setting up trick room, or by manually setting it yourself if you happened to grab the tm.

However, if you get it at the intended point, being after the School of Nightmares, it is a thoroughly unimpressive Pokemon with little to contribute at that point. It has a poor matchup into the single remaining gym leader, and pokemon like Krookodlie or Bisharp are better than it in most other situations where an offensive dark type is required, and umbreon and mandibuzz are better when a bulky dark type is needed. if a support dark type is needed, Grimmsnarl clearly outshines it there. 

Overall its a niche pokemon that is better for the midgame than the lategame. still a cool design though.