Rejuvenation v13.5 - Battle Bond!

AsNKrysis

Before I start, I want to give a MASSIVE SHOUTOUT to @Karvanha for helping me put together the script for the mod! He's been a massive help to me throughout my entire time with Reborn and Rejuv's modding community and I can't thank him enough for always lending a helping hand out to me whenever I've needed, and I am extremely grateful and also very happy to have been able to collaborate with him on making this mod for v13.5!

If you're not a fan of the less canon version of Battle Bond with my mod, you should go check out Karvanha's Ash-Greninja mod that now also includes Rejuv v13.5: Ash-Greninja for Reborn, Rejuv and Deso

Battle Bond for Gen 6 Starters!

The title says it all: Battle Bond forms for the Kalos Starters!

For those of you familiar with my More Regional Forms mod, this was a feature that was included where the Gen 6 starters would have a random chance of having Battle Bond as their ability and would be able to transform just like how Ash-Greninja does in the vanilla series. Since it'll be a while until I fully update that for v13.5, I decided to work with Karvanha to create this mod for those that would like its feature from MRF in the current version of the game.

As cool as Ash-Greninja is, I always thought it was underwhelming that Delphox and Chesnaught didn't receive any special power boosts themselves. Therefore, this mod extends the power of Battle Bond to both of them as well along with boosting their "signature" moves to keep them on par with Ash-Greninja!

Features:

• Battle Bond as a third ability for each of the Kalos starters.
    • Activation is the same as normal Battle Bond: Knock out an opposing Pokemon with a damage-dealing move from the Battle Bond mon and it will transform.
    • The Pre-evolutions do not have access to Battle Bond, only Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja do. Therefore, in order to get the ability you need to use an Ability Capsule on them once they're fully evolved.
  • Slight boosts to each Battle Bond starter's signature moves when in their BB form.
  • New moves added to Chesnaught's learnset to accommodate for its new typing in BB form.
  • BB Pokemon are now found on other major trainers throughout the game!
    • Battle Bond has been added to Lavender's Delphox, Texen's Chesnaught, and Ren's Greninja.
      • Note: This is a very minor effect and most likely you'll only see it from Ren's Greninja since he's the most present out of the 3.

Battle Bond Showcase:

Battle Bond Chesnaught

Spoiler

image.png.621eebd0054a5903fb2965f3906c9984.png

CHESNAUGHT (Grass/Steel)

Base Stats:
- HP: 108
- Atk: 127
- Def: 132
- SpAtk: 74
- SpDef: 125
- Speed: 64

Spiky Shield: Deals 1/4 damage to Pokemon that come into contact with it. On the Colosseum Field, this effect is boosted to 3/8 damage dealt.

Due to its new additional Steel-typing, the Chesnaught line has 3 new moves added to its learnset:

• Level 22/23: Metal Claw
  • Level 42/45: Iron Tail
  • Level 63: Iron Defense

Battle Bond Delphox

Spoiler

image.png.2366b6e8a67524023b5ed0756d8f9ee2.png

DELPHOX (Fire/Psychic)

Base Stats:
- HP: 105
- Atk: 69
- Def: 72
- SpAtk: 144
- SpDef: 110
- Speed: 134

Mystical Fire: Decreases the target's Special Attack and Attack and attacks the opponent's Special Defense or Defense depending on which one is higher. 

(This works similarly to Shell Side Arm, except it does not change the attack category (Physical or Special) of the move, it is still using the SpAtk stat of Delphox. e.g. Mystical Fire will hit Blissey's Physical Defense when calculating damage, but will hit Bastiodon's Special Defense otherwise.)

Battle Bond Greninja

Spoiler

image.png.6719dbee706bc0fe615d7c2324e1bf74.png

GRENINJA (Water/Dark)

Base Stats:
- HP: 72
- Atk: 145
- Def: 67
- SpAtk: 153
- SpDef: 71
- Speed: 132

Water Shuriken: Base Power increased to 20 and always hits 3 times.

Download Link:

Mirror 1 (MEGA)

Mirror 2 (Google Drive)

INSTALLATION:

Extract the contents of each folder into their respective locations in the Game's files and replace when prompted. The folders that say NOT NECESSARY are, well, not necessary to put in your Game's files. They're just the modified scripts for compiling, but I included them because: 1. In case I accidentally wipe the code by updating again. 2. For anyone curious about the modified code.

COMPATABILITY:

• This mod is compatible with any mod that does not:
    • Add new Pokemon/Forms or edits the mons.dat file.
    • Add new Abilities or edits the abil.dat file.
    • Modifies trainer teams or edits the trainers.dat file.*

SIDE NOTES: 

- Due to quite a massive buff to Chesnaught in general as a result of this mod, Chesnaught's availability has now been moved back to post-Gym 9 as to sort of balance it in the game.

- You CANNOT Battle Bond more than once in battle. That means if you have more than 1 BB Pokemon in your party, only one of them is able to activate Battle Bond once per battle. 

- There are no Shiny Icons for BB Chesnaught and Delphox. The original sprite artists for the Battle Bond forms never made shiny sprites for them. At some point, I'll get around to making the shiny icons myself, as well as edit the BB sprites to fit more in line with Rejuv's custom shinies.

- *Technically this mod is compatible with any mods that edits the trainers.dat file, but Ren's Greninja, Texen's Chesnaught, and Lavender's Delphox will not have Battle Bond.

Credits:

@Karvanha as the co-author to this mod and for applying the code as well as cleaning up the scripts for the mod to function properly on v13.5!

Hexx_Vixtar for their sprites used for Battle Bond Chesnaught and Delphox!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Small Minor Update released:

• Updated the Mod to v13.5.5.

I'm not exactly sure what changed in the new update, but just in case I have decided to update the mod using the current files. This took a bit longer since I accidentally hit the updater on the files where I stored the modified scripts, so I have also included the modified scripts in the mod primarily for my use to have backups in case I mess up again. They are NOT necessary to have in your files and do NOT need to replace any of the scripts, only extract the Data folder and the Graphics folder to your Game's files and replace when prompted. Thank you and I hope you all have been enjoying v13.5!

10 hours ago, CorEagle said:

Can I ask what, exactly, the trainers.dat file modifies? I'm a bit leery of using it.

It just adds the Battle Bond ability to a couple of major trainer battles, namely Ren (Greninja), Lavender (Delphox), and Texen (Chesnaught). If you don't really want to use it, then you don't need to, it's optional and isn't required to receive Battle Bond. I just thought it'd be nice to include the ability onto some trainer battles.

New Small Update released:

• Battle Bond Delphox's Mystical Fire has been buffed.
    • It will now use the opponent's Physical or Special Defense when calculating damage, depending on which one is higher.
      • e.g. Mystical Fire will hit Blissey's Physical Defense when calculating damage, but will hit Bastiodon's Special Defense otherwise.

I felt like BB Delphox's signature move boost was very underwhelming compared to the other 2 starters, and it was still considered a worse Flamethrower. Therefore, I decided to give it another boost by having its damage calculated based on the lower of the opponent's 2 defenses. This makes Mystical Fire far more viable for BB Delphox to run as most Pokemon aren't going to be able to easily wall it easily unless they resist it. 

The damage calcs were adjusted using Shell Side Arm's damage category as a base, meaning Battle Bonded Mystical Fire will also factor in stages of stat boosts and drops as well as Field Effect modifiers when determining which defense to hit.

Shoutout to @Karvanha and @Alemi for helping me make the script function properly.

Even though it's not a very big file, for anyone that already has the mod downloaded and only wants to update the Script change, I'll attach it to the post.

Battle Bond Extended Rejuvenation.rb

Download and replace in your Mods folder in the Data folder of the Game's files.

Thank you all and I hope you have a wonderful day!

8 hours ago, TailsDoll2537 said:

One suggeretion; buff Water Shuriken

Greninja's buffs are the one thing I don't want to touch as I usually want to stay as close to vanilla if possible when it comes to most of my mods.

Even the stats of the other 2 BB starters were just copied and pasted from Pokemon Soulstones.

Plus, what exactly is bad about BB Water Shuriken? It's basically a 60 BP priority move that can break sashes, like Jet Punch but better and on a Pokemon with a SpAtk that's nearly comparable to Palafin-Hero's Atk stat.

3 hours ago, AsNKrysis said:

Greninja's buffs are the one thing I don't want to touch as I usually want to stay as close to vanilla if possible when it comes to most of my mods.

Even the stats of the other 2 BB starters were just copied and pasted from Pokemon Soulstones.

Plus, what exactly is bad about BB Water Shuriken? It's basically a 60 BP priority move that can break sashes, like Jet Punch but better and on a Pokemon with a SpAtk that's nearly comparable to Palafin-Hero's Atk stat.

I thought Water Shuriken would be slightly better if it had 25 damage, so it would do 75 damage instead of 60, but if you want to keep it vanilla it's fine

Minor Patch Released:

• Updated the mod to work with v13.5.6.

Let me know if there's any issues with the mod. Rejuv should be slowing down on the patches hopefully so this update should be safe for some time before I need to update again, but if there's anything largely concerning then be sure to reach out to me regarding any questions or concerns.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 3:24 PM, bashybae said:

This has been an incredible mod that I share with anyone who asks

That said, a strange bug happens where I stay battle bonded even after battle; is that intentional, or did I mess up something?

Not that I'm complaining

Just got back to my PC a little bit ago. I'm not sure what's causing that issue because it works perfectly fine on my game. You sure you didn't modify anything with the Battle Bond Extended Rejuvenation.rb script?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 1:00 AM, wintryblizzard said:

I also seem to have the same issue, my greninja stays in the battle bond sprite instead of going back to normal greninja after battle

I'll try to look into it on a fresh copy of the game, I've been testing on my own and I can't seem to replicate this issue you both seem to be having.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:24 PM, bashybae said:

This has been an incredible mod that I share with anyone who asks

That said, a strange bug happens where I stay battle bonded even after battle; is that intentional, or did I mess up something?

Not that I'm complaining

On 1/25/2024 at 1:00 AM, wintryblizzard said:

I also seem to have the same issue, my greninja stays in the battle bond sprite instead of going back to normal greninja after battle

Alright, so I've been doing some testing with a fresh copy of both Rejuv and the Battle Bond mod and I cannot seem to replicate this issue that you both seem to have. Every time Greninja uses Battle Bond, it reverts back to its base form after the battle ends. The only ways that this could possibly be happening is either the downloaded must've corrupted somehow or you both must've edited something in the Battle Bond Extended Rejuvenation.rb script. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2024 at 7:06 AM, AsNKrysis said:

Alright, so I've been doing some testing with a fresh copy of both Rejuv and the Battle Bond mod and I cannot seem to replicate this issue that you both seem to have. Every time Greninja uses Battle Bond, it reverts back to its base form after the battle ends. The only ways that this could possibly be happening is either the downloaded must've corrupted somehow or you both must've edited something in the Battle Bond Extended Rejuvenation.rb script. 

Update on this for anyone else looking for a fix. I experienced this exact problem today and its a conflict with the battle speed up mod from the QoL 13.5 modpack forcing it to stay in battle bond sprite

• Like 1

Minor Hotfix Released

• Renamed the Battle Bond Extended Rejuvenation.rb file to make it compatible with the mods from the v13.5 QoL Modpack by Alemi.

Thank you to @mariasumi for finding the fix. The issue was that the code from the Battle_SpeedUp mod was overwriting the code for reverting forms in my mod. However, simply renaming the mod puts it below the Battle_SpeedUp mod, preventing the Battle Bond revert form code from being overwritten.

For those wondering, yes it is still compatible with the Battle_SpeedUp mod as I have tested it myself. However, if anything of concern comes up, feel free to shoot my a message on Discord or on here and I will be sure to respond as soon as possible.

If you don't want to have to worry about redownloading the mod, you can simply rename the Battle Bond Rejuvenation Extended.rb mod yourself, but make sure it's a name that'll have the mod load after Battle_SpeedUp. e.g. Rejuvenation Battle Bond Extended.rb, RBBE.rb, basically any name that starts with a letter after B.

And also I apologize for people that have messaged me before regarding my other mods. I haven't been able to get back to most messages as I'm very busy irl and also had a lot of focus turn towards the Gen 9 mod that's still currently in development. I will try to be better about being responsive to anyone that has any questions or concerns regarding any of my mods.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

• Like 1