Garufan Language Translation

comcart

On 11/2/2023 at 12:58 AM, comcart said:

Hide contents

ALSO!! here's, almost word for word, what "Alice" says while possessed. "This was the only way, please forgive me children. Alice has been taken by me, but this is the only way." followed up by "I can't stop his influence like this... But there may be a way I can talk to you without being part of this child. Please let go of my soul!!!!" which is just so peachy yk, and then -- "This was the only way to communicate with you all..." it's a good thing letters sort of just fall into place eventually, or else translating communicate would have been AWFUL,,,, "Vitus has my soul, my body is no longer mine." very happy there,, and lastly! "Can you even understand my words?" There was one last paragraph in game, that I translated while I played, bc eventually I got the hang of the language and could mostly read it, but it was basically just a warning from... Okay, well it was definitely from Angie/Anju, and she was just warning the trio that Alice's Ice Soldiers were strong, and that we shouldn't take another step or something. Clearly Angie possessed Alice in some desperate cry for help, but considering nobody here can speak Garufan, even if you possess a translation book, it fell on deaf ears.

AANNYWAYS, after you get done fighting Alice, your character should have spawned back outside the tower to Zeight. You have to reenter and walk a bit inside, have a cutscene, and then exit to talk with a Gliscor, which directs you to find Ryland in Alamissa Urben.

I went to this post so I could manually translate her dialog myself. After translating it all I see this. I will never get thouse minutes of my life back

8 hours ago, jimkas said:

I went to this post so I could manually translate her dialog myself. After translating it all I see this. I will never get thouse minutes of my life back

ohhhh.... man I am S O sorry for you XDD, TBF THO,,,, I spent like an hour or two hand translating the alphabet, and it turns out there was a font file in the games font folder, that had it all, so..... to love rejuv is to suffer slowly, and then find a resource you completely missed elsewhere,,,,,,

13 minutes ago, comcart said:

ohhhh.... man I am S O sorry for you XDD, TBF THO,,,, I spent like an hour or two hand translating the alphabet, and it turns out there was a font file in the games font folder, that had it all, so..... to love rejuv is to suffer slowly, and then find a resource you completely missed elsewhere,,,,,,

In a way, it's more fun to discover things like that yourself. I'm sure it wouldn't have felt the same had I just read the translation instead of translating it.

2 hours ago, jimkas said:

In a way, it's more fun to discover things like that yourself. I'm sure it wouldn't have felt the same had I just read the translation instead of translating it.

honestly? You're for sure right, it was a lot of fun hand translating it while playing, and figuring out that you can actually read this "secret language" to reveal some lore is really great, but still, all that lost time XDD

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2023 at 2:02 AM, ClaraTheCriminal said:

I'm pretty sure the guy who gets us to collect the Zygarde cores says this too. Also, could they be the Zygarde host? Afaik they're a pretty new character, at least compared to the version in V13. You never know

Ayuda? That's an interesting theory and speaking of him, I noticed that in 13.5 he gives the quest alone now when he used to be accompanied by a wife named May (so that their names create the Spanish phrase 'Ayuda Me' which means 'help me'), I wonder what happened there?

Another has just occurred to me. 

The king whose soul was cursed, trapped inside of a coffigregus for creating the Spiritomb Crest, King Ieisel, lived in a castle named Zygara, so I'm wondering if it could be him.