Garufan Language Translation

comcart

HEEEYYY!!!! First time posing, I have n o idea if someone's done this before, and I'm just late to the party, but I translated all -- save for a few,,, -- letters in the Garufan language!!! thanks to what,,, uh,, ahem,,, "Alice" provided me with, I was able to translate all of that dialogue, and! Come up with not only most of the Alphabet in about an hour, but! I got the punctuation down as well! Have fun translating everyone!! Time to go catch me an Aevian Sewaddle!

If anyone wants Alice's translated dialogue, I still have the whole thing down, soooo!!

Also, anyone else spend like,,, the first couple days hesitating to step forward in the story?? I found a bunch of glitches, caught a bunch of new aevian pokemon, and got NERVOUS when first talking to Erin LMAO. I have n o idea what route I'm on, but I hope it's the good one. I followed the walkthrough for most of the game, because I am a completionist -- MOSTLY,,,,, some things are boring.... -- loser, who wanted to stick to the good path, so,,,,, not having one suddenly threw me off. Love resetting to always get the most relationship points with my silly fictional friends, parasocial relationships are the best fr <<33

Garufan Alphabet.png

• Like 7

10 hours ago, ZenChu said:

omg how did you do that.. that's a lot of work
i'd like to know what she says now, guess it's not something troll xdd
btw where do i have to go after beaten alice

a LOOOTTTT of it was just trial and error guess work, but it's SUPER easy to find the letters T, H, and E, since they're the most used letters in the english alphabet xD, and once you look for the patterns t h e r e, you can find them in other places, and decode the rest of the words through some guesswork. it's DEEFFINITELY not a troll tho!!

Spoiler

ALSO!! here's, almost word for word, what "Alice" says while possessed. "This was the only way, please forgive me children. Alice has been taken by me, but this is the only way." followed up by "I can't stop his influence like this... But there may be a way I can talk to you without being part of this child. Please let go of my soul!!!!" which is just so peachy yk, and then -- "This was the only way to communicate with you all..." it's a good thing letters sort of just fall into place eventually, or else translating communicate would have been AWFUL,,,, "Vitus has my soul, my body is no longer mine." very happy there,, and lastly! "Can you even understand my words?" There was one last paragraph in game, that I translated while I played, bc eventually I got the hang of the language and could mostly read it, but it was basically just a warning from... Okay, well it was definitely from Angie/Anju, and she was just warning the trio that Alice's Ice Soldiers were strong, and that we shouldn't take another step or something. Clearly Angie possessed Alice in some desperate cry for help, but considering nobody here can speak Garufan, even if you possess a translation book, it fell on deaf ears.

AANNYWAYS, after you get done fighting Alice, your character should have spawned back outside the tower to Zeight. You have to reenter and walk a bit inside, have a cutscene, and then exit to talk with a Gliscor, which directs you to find Ryland in Alamissa Urben.

i've tried restarting the game and in the prologue there's already garufan language! i didn't remember that, and the fact that your translation works is even better

returning to what alice said..

Spoiler

wtf? So Angie is not crazy af anymore but.. she's trapped into vitus? or maybe, she is trapped into herself but can't do much, and this is the only way to talk to the "good guys" (because at least in the paragon route we are) and explain her situation?

i expect that at the end, anju will die, it's like a pattern, she's the last defender still alive, Vivien and Hazuki are gone and in order to establish a new "protector trio" anju should perish

just big speculation here xdd

maybe my game is broken.. saw the cutscene but no gliscor, i think i will have to report that :/ thankss btw

7 minutes ago, ZenChu said:

i've tried restarting the game and in the prologue there's already garufan language! i didn't remember that, and the fact that your translation works is even better

returning to what alice said..

Hide contents

wtf? So Angie is not crazy af anymore but.. she's trapped into vitus? or maybe, she is trapped into herself but can't do much, and this is the only way to talk to the "good guys" (because at least in the paragon route we are) and explain her situation?

i expect that at the end, anju will die, it's like a pattern, she's the last defender still alive, Vivien and Hazuki are gone and in order to establish a new "protector trio" anju should perish

just big speculation here xdd

maybe my game is broken.. saw the cutscene but no gliscor, i think i will have to report that :/ thankss btw

mmhh,,, there are some r e a l l y strange bugs in this update... Actually, I found one close to there, where if you're wearing your characters secondary outfit, it'll force you into your primary, and then just start calling you Melia instead. Also, I just finished the new update, so it's VERY cool to hear that there's more Garufan at the beginning for me to translate, very, VERY fun!!! I'm glad the translation worked for you too!! hopefully they can get some of these big bugs fixed tho, bc a LOT of Terajuma and Kristiline were SUPPPPERR messed up for me :// they did warn us tho I suppose xD

Spoiler

ALSO,,, I'm pretty sure our battle with her in the last chapter DEFINITELY had some kind of effect on her,,, but if you remember, back at the beginning of the game, when you go to that pocket dimension in Gearen, and then you input that password, you can find Angie t h e r e in Vitus' home. She seems SUPER duper out of it, and we NEVER get to go back and see her again, so... I feel like there's stuff we've gotta be missing about Angie's character, but I DEFINITELY think she's maybe trying to fight the hold Vitus has on her while he has her trapped in that pocket Dimension,,?? Especially because Anju's consciousness is there, and she seems to somewhat be able to influence herself,, but,,, that was some kind of nasty, Vitus-esque Miasma around Alice, and the way it affected her mannerisms too... could be either or, with her trapped in herself,, maybe Vitus is simply using her as some sort of puppet?? Who's to say?? It all really makes me think about that Marianette that was trapped there in that dimension too, and her correlation with Melia/Maria,,, but honestly that's a MUCH bigger mess than ANYONE could pay me to sort out XDD STILL-- maybe someday I'll do a renegade route and see if there's new Garufan text from Anju there,, but basically: girl needs some help fr.

maybe i managed to progress, i encountered Alexandra in Alamissa, let's hope i did the right thing xdd

anyway, 

Spoiler

Yeah you're right, the fact is, i don't know if that pocket dimension is actually present or past, because we're right that no chrono crystals are used but it looks definitely like past, with a young melia/maria/marianette/m-named-girl and a full operational vitus inside his house. I think that it's a way to see a slice of past and if you explore enough you see who is Angie before than the actually time crystal arc, let's call it this way. 
but i'm thinking, when vitus possess someone what happens to his body? Can he control multiple people at the same time? I think no, but who knows

Marianette was definitely trapped inside, but when we beat her and she starts being more confident, she manage to do something to vitus that we don't see. 
SO i came to a conclusion:

maybe vitus body is lifeless now but he is still around. He is inside angie and we managed to losen his grasp, but he is still there, doing things in order to come back to life with his own body and, dont know, conquer the world? what's his real goal? 

Or maybe, Vitus is somewhere, unknown, and somehow he can control people once at a time, and he is playing his strategy game to obtain what he wants, using people as pawns

7 hours ago, ZenChu said:

maybe i managed to progress, i encountered Alexandra in Alamissa, let's hope i did the right thing xdd

anyway, 

Hide contents

Yeah you're right, the fact is, i don't know if that pocket dimension is actually present or past, because we're right that no chrono crystals are used but it looks definitely like past, with a young melia/maria/marianette/m-named-girl and a full operational vitus inside his house. I think that it's a way to see a slice of past and if you explore enough you see who is Angie before than the actually time crystal arc, let's call it this way. 
but i'm thinking, when vitus possess someone what happens to his body? Can he control multiple people at the same time? I think no, but who knows

Marianette was definitely trapped inside, but when we beat her and she starts being more confident, she manage to do something to vitus that we don't see. 
SO i came to a conclusion:

maybe vitus body is lifeless now but he is still around. He is inside angie and we managed to losen his grasp, but he is still there, doing things in order to come back to life with his own body and, dont know, conquer the world? what's his real goal? 

Or maybe, Vitus is somewhere, unknown, and somehow he can control people once at a time, and he is playing his strategy game to obtain what he wants, using people as pawns

I think it's a strange theory, but...(spoilers 13.5)

Spoiler

I think Yveltal is the key. I'm not sure if even in 13.5 is still there, but Yveltal has a Soul Stone. In the "New Sheridian Wetlands", thanks to Dive, we discover its cocoon and notes about "it being the key, it knows everything".

Now, the .Karma files told us that Vitus was Yveltal's Host. My best guesses is that Vitus's Soul and "Spirit" splitted somehow and one is keeped in the Soul Stone, while the other...did something with Angie. To be honest, we never know what happened during the battle under Underground Sanctuary, so, there is a possibility (aside from MC's involvment?, teased by Nim) he lost. Still, I'm not sure what is truly the pocket dimension back in Chapter 3 and how related is the prologue in the story. So, I think we should need back Yveltal in the story to get more information.

1 hour ago, SoulN7 said:

I think it's a strange theory, but...(spoilers 13.5)

Hide contents

I think Yveltal is the key. I'm not sure if even in 13.5 is still there, but Yveltal has a Soul Stone. In the "New Sheridian Wetlands", thanks to Dive, we discover its cocoon and notes about "it being the key, it knows everything".

Now, the .Karma files told us that Vitus was Yveltal's Host. My best guesses is that Vitus's Soul and "Spirit" splitted somehow and one is keeped in the Soul Stone, while the other...did something with Angie. To be honest, we never know what happened during the battle under Underground Sanctuary, so, there is a possibility (aside from MC's involvment?, teased by Nim) he lost. Still, I'm not sure what is truly the pocket dimension back in Chapter 3 and how related is the prologue in the story. So, I think we should need back Yveltal in the story to get more information.

you picked my interest here.

After V13 and V13.5 we know that legendaries other than arceus have a strong relevance in the story

Spoiler

especially in V13.5 since we know that spacea and tiempa are actually fused with the respective legends. The point here is, there are two kind of relations between humans and legendaries. One is "yeah garufa inc is the best let's fuse" and the other is "i, a respectable legendary mon choose you as my partner", like the regis, or the birds with the MC. Now, what is the releationship between nymiera, vitus and "missing" with the respective Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde? Are we potentially zygarde partner/host since we have the gather cube? 

it would seem strange, since Zeight and garufan knows everything about the interceptor but don't mention it, that's the only flaw about this theory i guess. 

I like the part that Vitus is in the Soul stone possessed by Yveltal, still we miss the piece regarding "how". I think he lost in the basement but did madame X went there in order to seize vitus soul, but she couldn't trap him well and so he split? 

i wanna know moore these lore pieces are too much, i love mysteries and theories

12 minutes ago, ZenChu said:

you picked my interest here.

After V13 and V13.5 we know that legendaries other than arceus have a strong relevance in the story

Hide contents

especially in V13.5 since we know that spacea and tiempa are actually fused with the respective legends. The point here is, there are two kind of relations between humans and legendaries. One is "yeah garufa inc is the best let's fuse" and the other is "i, a respectable legendary mon choose you as my partner", like the regis, or the birds with the MC. Now, what is the releationship between nymiera, vitus and "missing" with the respective Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde? Are we potentially zygarde partner/host since we have the gather cube? 

it would seem strange, since Zeight and garufan knows everything about the interceptor but don't mention it, that's the only flaw about this theory i guess. 

I like the part that Vitus is in the Soul stone possessed by Yveltal, still we miss the piece regarding "how". I think he lost in the basement but did madame X went there in order to seize vitus soul, but she couldn't trap him well and so he split? 

i wanna know moore these lore pieces are too much, i love mysteries and theories

Spoiler

And we have to figure out Giratina, Lunala and Mewtwo, since people thought the first could be Griselda. I think there is someone else to potentially be the Zygarde host, since the description tells it's a program which take incarnation of a 25-year-old person with unknown gender. The third one too is a .exe, after all. Despite we have the criteria of the unknown gender due to the choice of the character, our characters probably are 18/19 like Crescent. And probably our body, despite being "resurrected", can breed, unlike Vitus, who tells specificly that he cannot make children (well, he's a bunch of numbers, strings and much else, duh). I think that detail was important to understand the nature of this program trio. About the Interceptor's intervention, my best guesses is that Garufa Encorporated and probably the Eye don't know about the existance of "a being from another world" to be Interceptor. How can you predict someone who doesn't belong to the world where you know everything?

1 hour ago, SoulN7 said:
  Hide contents

And we have to figure out Giratina, Lunala and Mewtwo, since people thought the first could be Griselda. I think there is someone else to potentially be the Zygarde host, since the description tells it's a program which take incarnation of a 25-year-old person with unknown gender. The third one too is a .exe, after all. Despite we have the criteria of the unknown gender due to the choice of the character, our characters probably are 18/19 like Crescent. And probably our body, despite being "resurrected", can breed, unlike Vitus, who tells specificly that he cannot make children (well, he's a bunch of numbers, strings and much else, duh). I think that detail was important to understand the nature of this program trio. About the Interceptor's intervention, my best guesses is that Garufa Encorporated and probably the Eye don't know about the existance of "a being from another world" to be Interceptor. How can you predict someone who doesn't belong to the world where you know everything?

Spoiler

Yes, age and ability to breed are two things that i didn't take into account.. but now i'm thinking, who can zygarde host be?  Not man, not woman.. Adrienn? xd

5 minutes ago, ZenChu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes, age and ability to breed are two things that i didn't take into account.. but now i'm thinking, who can zygarde host be?  Not man, not woman.. Adrienn? xd

Spoiler

Maybe the unknown gender appeared because the files have no more data about this "Missing.exe" 

I think this will be a new character. 

It's impossible to be one of the "main gang", because all of them plus Crescent and, probably, Valarie and Adam are 17/18/19, while Alexandra and Damien could be in their 30s. 

Madame X is impossible, for how long she's around, she can't be so young. Nor one of the Admins, despite Geara being the youngest. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:
  Hide contents

Maybe the unknown gender appeared because the files have no more data about this "Missing.exe" 

I think this will be a new character. 

It's impossible to be one of the "main gang", because all of them plus Crescent and, probably, Valarie and Adam are 17/18/19, while Alexandra and Damien could be in their 30s. 

Madame X is impossible, for how long she's around, she can't be so young. Nor one of the Admins, despite Geara being the youngest. 

Spoiler

I didn't realize the conversation had progressed here so much LMAAO,, BUT it's REALLY cool to see that people other than me had these questions about the missing Zygarde host,,??? I definitely think that Yveltal egg we can discover is SOME sort of clue to what happened with Vitus, and I'm leaning a little bit towards the theory that Vitus lost some sort of battle... I don't know if it's still around because of the Update, but that makes me wonder about the "impossible" battle you have with Madame X and her Yveltal...? I do remember there being a bunch of theories that Vitus was Madame X's Yveltal, bc he was her Father n all,,, so that's a big question there, but about the Zygarde thing... The whole "missing" aspect REEEALLY had me curious, because,,, I feel like the game WANTS us to think that it's the Interceptor/MC,,?? I mean starting off the bat, we literally get a quest very early on to gather Zygarde cells and CREATE that legendary, so it's sort of leading us to that conclusion in a sense, but... I mean... Has anybody seen Adrest since that little stunt...? I don't really know if the creators would introduce a new cast member at this point, especially one that is SO integral to the story it seems, BBUUTT,,, it's said that of the 18 souls put into the core, 2 became Yveltal/Vitus, and Nymeria/Xerneas,,, Adrest could be the reason why the information is "missing." Not only because of the fact that something seems to have deleted his code inside of Zeight, thus maybe removing his information, but also because he wasn't m e a n t to be in there in the first place, he was an accident after all because one of the subjects died. I could definitely be wrong, but it would explain the Interceptors ties to Zygarde, along with the missing gender, and yet the ability to breed. Maybe the whole system is wonk, but we can still reproduce? Although, in the time Adrest lived, he was unable to, so... There are definitely flaws with the theory, especially since Adrest's goal was to give us our full power as the Interceptor with the Archetype and give us advice or whatever on our purpose, so how could he ALSO be tied to that person who's supposed to maintain Balance with Zygarde...?? Although one could say "maintaining balance" is sort of another purpose of the Interceptor, sort of like an ATLA thing, but it's been made really clear that the Interceptor is tied with Karma and that whole system... THERE'S A LOT BASICALLY, and we REAAALLYY need more info on Nymeria and Vitus I think. They leave out just enough details that all we can do is guess really. If it's a NEW character, that would be super sick honestly, if it's someone we already know? Even better. I mean, fuck, for all I know, it could be Ryland or Karen who's that "Zygarde" person.

((just to add... the reason why it could be a "missing" file for the system, is because we're a person from another world, fused with 7 souls, and Adrest, s o.... not to mention, Crescent says she's mentally 50, but PROBABLY physically 19, and with all the shenanigans we've been up to, we can maybe just guess our body is physically 18-20, but we could be older?? idk, there's a LOT going on.))

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to add onto this topic! In the conversation you have with Maman at the beginning of her quest with Mosely, she speaks Garufan, and although I neglected to note it down ((because I was about to head to bed, as it was about 2-3 in the morning)), she uses the letter J in her sentence somewhere!! If anyone can grab me a screenshot or so of her talking, I can add to the alphabet! She also uses a question mark I'm pretty sure...? So, many cool additions! I doubt we'll be seeing a Q, X, or Z anytime soon tho...

There has been one thing I've found weird but nobody's talked about: If Nymeria is a programme, like Vitus, how can Alexandra, Celine and Damien be her descendants?

Also, on the whole Missing.exe thing, I think that whoever it is, it refers to the role played by the Knight/Queen's Child in Nymeria's story from Chapter 13. In that case, could it possibly be Kanon? I doubt it, but it's possible

Good question, who knows. Another of the hundreds questions Rejuv never answered (and maybe it'll do at the end of everything), like Celine's future role in all of this, especially a thing that confused me about her is the connection to Kasumi. There will be a reason to introduce Reshiram and Zekrom (maybe they too are "bonded" with humans and being like Spacea and Tiempa, just fake imitations) in the main story and through a side quest with a fallen kingdom, right?....Right?!

Anyway, I'm expecting that story from Chapter 13 becoming an "half-lie", since plenty of Nymiera's points don't line up with the new plot and maybe Missing.exe had nothing to do, since...

Well, I should put two theories for who is Missing.exe is, to explain why I think this character has nothing to do with Nymiera and Vitus. The first thoughts I did in this topic were done on the first run, while these I will write were done after a second run with better spent time and reloading saves:

Spoiler

-They are completely another new character/program that was executed immediately with those two and maybe they disappeared for some reasons. To me, Kanon was just a servant and to be honest, I don't think he's 25 physically. Maybe he's old like the main gang.

-They are dead. Or they were never executed. Adrest specified that one of the 17 volounteers died before activating The Core, the Pseudo-Arceus, etc. 3 of these volounteers should have given their souls later for executing Nymiera, Vitus and Missing.exe. Since Zygarde has no host it seems (since it had to leave its role as Cubi Excellus's Operator to Groudon), it can't hold its physical form for much longer, there is only 1 mention in the entire main plot and all of its content is side-quested, and both Nymiera and Vitus have their very very questionable methods to fullfilling their roles (the first one uses sacrifices, messed with life's cycle in death and rebirth and more in order to choose their guardians and protecting people while leaving behind other lifes, while Vitus is..."AHAH DEATH GOES BRRR RITUALS, DEMONS, MELOETTA, MARIANETTE" and whatever he did.), I would dare to say Missing died in Old Earth and so Missing.exe was never executed. 

I much prefer the latter...since...well. Like I said somewhere else, there is no Balance in Rejuvenation.

This is all a theory, maybe all of this is wrong in the future, who knows.

There are some interesting theories being suggested here and I concur with quite a few points that have been made:

Spoiler

- The missing profile was created to mislead us into believing the MC is the Zygarde host since the MCs name and gender are custom but the one piece of information in the missing profile that is revealed, the age of the host, 25, does not fit. 

Crescent established that she is physically 19 (though existentially about 50 due to time travel), and her physical age was used to place her in the orphanage school with the MCs meaning the MCs must be around the same age. 

- That Missing died before being able to assume their role fits the fact that Zygarde remains the same buildable Pokemon it is in canon rather than having a human manifestation as Spacea, Tiempa and the rest do. 

I like the aforementioned, however, another possibility has occurred to me.

We know from the anime that Zygarde has two cores. As of now, one of them is available to obtain the 10% dog form but the second is still missing until we collect the rest of the cells. Could the Zygarde host have manifested into that second core? This fits the 'missing' status just as well and could be reason the status is not 'diseased'. 

Considering Zygarde is a usable Pokemon, this is admittedly more unlikely but interesting to consider. 

1 hour ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

There are some interesting theories being suggested here and I concur with quite a few points that have been made:

Hide contents

We know from the anime that Zygarde has two cores. As of now, one of them is available to obtain the 10% dog form but the second is still missing until we collect the rest of the cells. Could the Zygarde host have manifested into that second core? This fits the 'missing' status just as well and could be reason the status is not 'diseased'. 

Considering Zygarde is a usable Pokemon, this is admittedly more unlikely but interesting to consider. 

Spoiler

That could work, still I think the core is no host of itself and it's a legendary like others we catch like the Lake Trio, but with more "awareness", meaning it knows more things like Spacea and Tiempa, but without the soul, it couldn't fully operate on Balance's role.

Other than this, I would really like to see mandatory fights changing if you "have your own Zygarde" and basically will unlock the 100% form for your own if "certain requirements are met", while they just gave you or battle HalfZygarde if not these requirements are fulfilled. After all, it would made sense MC catching Zygarde at some point, since they are "judges" of worlds.

1 hour ago, SoulN7 said:

I mean, the new field they added for Interceptor related stuff, Deep Earth, gives mega buffs to Zygardes moves (with extreme speed being the one exception) so I certainly hope having Zygarde would play a larger role in the story (one of it's signature moves is literally called CORE ENFORCER)

24 minutes ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

I mean, the new field they added for Interceptor related stuff, Deep Earth, gives mega buffs to Zygardes moves (with extreme speed being the one exception) so I certainly hope having Zygarde would play a larger role in the story (one of it's signature moves is literally called CORE ENFORCER)

My Vitusbuster is waiting in the pc for main battles, poor guy is rotting there for that reason.

Now that you made me notice that, I'm seeing that field works around Xerneas, Regigigas and Zygarde, especially the last two: Geomancy takes 1 turn, Regigigas have boosted Crush Grip and has negated Slow Start, but with -6 in speed and evasion while the others have +1, while Zygarde's moves are all boosted (note: the other boosted moves involves throws or using the "body weight" or the "Earth", seems like Zygarde's are the exception), Core Enforcer have tons of boosts and Power Construct give an omniboost on activation. Clearly something is off and not by gameplay means.

2 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Hide contents

- The missing profile was created to mislead us into believing the MC is the Zygarde host since the MCs name and gender are custom but the one piece of information in the missing profile that is revealed, the age of the host, 25, does not fit. 

Crescent established that she is physically 19 (though existentially about 50 due to time travel), and her physical age was used to place her in the orphanage school with the MCs meaning the MCs must be around the same age. 

- That Missing died before being able to assume their role fits the fact that Zygarde remains the same buildable Pokemon it is in canon rather than having a human manifestation as Spacea, Tiempa and the rest do. 

zygarde has 5 cores according to pkmn sun/moon actually (not spoilering since its canon game info)

On 12/6/2023 at 5:34 AM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Well damn. 

Welp, if Rejuv did decide to go in the core/host direction it's up to them which lore to use. 

I'm pretty sure the guy who gets us to collect the Zygarde cores says this too. Also, could they be the Zygarde host? Afaik they're a pretty new character, at least compared to the version in V13. You never know

Only Jan knows. Like I said few times, the new content of V13.5 was too short for such theories and Zygarde's few content in the main plot was added recently. V14 should be only new content after .Karma Files, so I hope these questions will be answered. I don't know how many theories I have tried to written lately-

honestly, the whole V13.5 update feels like it both changed S O much stuff for us that it gets us thinking, but so LITTLE that we can't really make any proper sense of this yet... Which, I mean on one hand does get me excited, but on the other, maybe a little annoyed XDD

AHH!!! I return with a final update on this, that ACTUALLY has to do with the translation I posted originally!!! thanks to the help of someone lovely on twitter, I got the rest of the letters, a n d punctuation!! so now, for EVERYONE'S full convenience!! the FULL Garufan Language Translation sheet!!

Garufan Alphabet.png