I'm getting an error when I launch the game

C-MC

• Global Mods

Did you save in Aliora Meadow? For some reason, saving there has caused this error to happen on loadup for a handful of people.

If you post your save file, I should be able to load your game from my end and send your save file back. Instructions on how to upload save file if needed, this guide was written for Reborn but works with any fangame: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/

Additionally, for future reference, this kind of post belongs in the Save File Troubleshooting thread.

8 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Did you save in Aliora Meadow? For some reason, saving there has caused this error to happen on loadup for a handful of people.

If you post your save file, I should be able to load your game from my end and send your save file back. Instructions on how to upload save file if needed, this guide was written for Reborn but works with any fangame: https://www.rebornevo.com/pr/save/

Additionally, for future reference, this kind of post belongs in the Save File Troubleshooting thread.

Here's the game data 

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Actually, I looked back at those errors and they're not the same. Both the Aliora Meadow one and this error have P_Field, but the other details are different.

36 minutes ago, C-MC said:

I got the same error when I loaded up your game. Interestingly, if I open it in RPG Maker instead of just from the folder, the error message is different. 

I tried saving on my save file in the Battle Frontier and didn't get the error, so I'm not sure what's causing it. I apologize for speaking too soon about the kind of error it was. Do you remember what you were doing the last time you played before you got the error on loadup? I'm wondering if we could figure out what caused it by retracing your steps.

22 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Actually, I looked back at those errors and they're not the same. Both the Aliora Meadow one and this error have P_Field, but the other details are different.

I got the same error when I loaded up your game. Interestingly, if I open it in RPG Maker instead of just from the folder, the error message is different. 

I tried saving on my save file in the Battle Frontier and didn't get the error, so I'm not sure what's causing it. I apologize for speaking too soon about the kind of error it was. Do you remember what you were doing the last time you played before you got the error on loadup? I'm wondering if we could figure out what caused it by retracing your steps.

Well I redownloaded the files thinking there was some sort of update, I saved the game at BF, and then just replaced the old folder with the new one I downloaded from here. And then when I opened it up, that happened

• Global Mods
52 minutes ago, C-MC said:

Well I redownloaded the files thinking there was some sort of update, I saved the game at BF, and then just replaced the old folder with the new one I downloaded from here. And then when I opened it up, that happened

The first thought that's coming to mind is that I've heard once in a while when people download fangames, not all the files are fully downloaded in the folder for some reason, and that it's usually fixed by redownloading. If you can try downloading again, do you still get the error after redownloading?

On 9/19/2023 at 10:30 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The first thought that's coming to mind is that I've heard once in a while when people download fangames, not all the files are fully downloaded in the folder for some reason, and that it's usually fixed by redownloading. If you can try downloading again, do you still get the error after redownloading?

I just did and still nothing

On 9/21/2023 at 2:19 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

When you download a new file, do you delete the old one and use the new one, or do you take the files from the new one and put them in the old one?

the latter...why ?

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, C-MC said:

the latter...why ?

I could see how that could cause conflict with the files. Maybe old ones are still remaining in the folder. If you try downloading a new folder and deleting the old one completely, only using the new folder, does that still cause the error? 

On 9/23/2023 at 3:13 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I could see how that could cause conflict with the files. Maybe old ones are still remaining in the folder. If you try downloading a new folder and deleting the old one completely, only using the new folder, does that still cause the error? 

nope just I did it and still the same...looks like I "shot myself in the foot" for replacing the file 

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, C-MC said:

nope just I did it and still the same...looks like I "shot myself in the foot" for replacing the file 

You saved at the Battle Frontier, did you do anything at the Battle Frontier before you saved? When I tried loading up your save file after I sent it, opening it normally just caused the crash right away, while opening it in RPG Maker I was able to select your save and the crash happened when it loaded in the Battle Frontier. I remember that some of the tiles in the Battle Frontier on your file were missing, there was a void of black space on some parts of the screen. 

Come to think of it, I've seen voids of black space like that before when some people play Pokemon fangames in Joiplay. Are you using Joiplay or do you play on PC?

20 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

You saved at the Battle Frontier, did you do anything at the Battle Frontier before you saved? When I tried loading up your save file after I sent it, opening it normally just caused the crash right away, while opening it in RPG Maker I was able to select your save and the crash happened when it loaded in the Battle Frontier. I remember that some of the tiles in the Battle Frontier on your file were missing, there was a void of black space on some parts of the screen. 

Come to think of it, I've seen voids of black space like that before when some people play Pokemon fangames in Joiplay. Are you using Joiplay or do you play on PC?

Nothing I was just there and I saved it in front of one of the buildings. And I play it on my laptop

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, C-MC said:

Nothing I was just there and I saved it in front of one of the buildings. And I play it on my laptop

The last thing that's coming to mind at the moment, did you ever activate debug with one of the trees in the Pokemon Centers?

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The last thing that's coming to mind at the moment, did you ever activate debug with one of the trees in the Pokemon Centers?

nope

On 9/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I literally just used fly to Battle Frontier and saved the game there so I could play it later. And when I did open it, the error happened.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, C-MC said:

nope

I literally just used fly to Battle Frontier and saved the game there so I could play it later. And when I did open it, the error happened.

I did some searching on Google for the type of error, and wasn't able to find the exact same, but did find a few that were mostly similar. (instead of undefined method "name", they were undefined method "*" or ">")

Reading through threads of those errors, they were caused by old map or tileset data, and the game erasing tiles that don't exist. I'm unsure why something like this would be happening with the Battle Frontier, because I haven't made any recent changes to the map or its tileset, but stranger errors have happened. 

Since this error isn't the exact same, just mostly, I can't guarantee this will work, but I've attached the Battle Frontier's tileset to this post. If you download this file and put it in Graphics -> Tilesets, replacing the one already in there, does the error still happen?

Cellia.png

On 9/30/2023 at 1:27 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I did some searching on Google for the type of error, and wasn't able to find the exact same, but did find a few that were mostly similar. (instead of undefined method "name", they were undefined method "*" or ">")

Reading through threads of those errors, they were caused by old map or tileset data, and the game erasing tiles that don't exist. I'm unsure why something like this would be happening with the Battle Frontier, because I haven't made any recent changes to the map or its tileset, but stranger errors have happened. 

Since this error isn't the exact same, just mostly, I can't guarantee this will work, but I've attached the Battle Frontier's tileset to this post. If you download this file and put it in Graphics -> Tilesets, replacing the one already in there, does the error still happen?

Cellia.png

sorry...it's a bust :( 

all that progress... ugh...sorry that I had to put you up on this mess...

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, C-MC said:

sorry...it's a bust :( 

all that progress... ugh...sorry that I had to put you up on this mess...

Those were all the ideas I had 😅 I apologize for being unable to figure out the error and for all the progress you made...Hopefully another way can be found in the future.