New Password Idea: balancemode, storymode

MhicKy

So we all familiar with the passwords we can input in the beginning of the game to add some flavor to our runs, yeah?
I came up with this password that I would like to see added in the game, the reason why I am suggesting it is cuz I really like both Reborn and Rejuvenation but it gets really hard to pitch it to other people since, in order to beat, it's almost required to have a full team with good IVs, EV trained, with the correct Nature and Ability so, a lot of times, the story gets halted because you get to a gym battle where your need to change one or two (if not all) members of your team in order to pass it and breeding takes time and requires some know-how, sure you can use debug mode but I am sure a lot of people, like me, feel "dirty" when using it even if it's just to fix IVs, EVs, Nature and Ability and would rather not have to resort to it at all.

So what does this password do? These effects combined:

• ALL Pokemons (Wild, Trainers, Bosses, etc) come with 31IVs in each status.
  • ALL Pokemon have 85 EVs in each status.
  • Nature is set to either Docile, Serious, Bashful or Quirky (Natures that don't increase nor decrease any status).
  • Remove items that either increase or decrease EVs.
  • Remove the "Pokemon Psychologist" NPC (The guy in the underground that can change your Pokemon's Nature).
  • The Move Relearner can now teach Egg Moves.
  • Disables Online (It's a mode just to pass the story without having to worry about the grind anyway).

I hope I can see something similar to this in the future, it's just a suggestion tho'

• Global Mods
8 hours ago, MhicKy said:

So we all familiar with the passwords we can input in the beginning of the game to add some flavor to our runs, yeah?
I came up with this password that I would like to see added in the game, the reason why I am suggesting it is cuz I really like both Reborn and Rejuvenation but it gets really hard to pitch it to other people since, in order to beat, it's almost required to have a full team with good IVs, EV trained, with the correct Nature and Ability so, a lot of times, the story gets halted because you get to a gym battle where your need to change one or two (if not all) members of your team in order to pass it and breeding takes time and requires some know-how, sure you can use debug mode but I am sure a lot of people, like me, feel "dirty" when using it even if it's just to fix IVs, EVs, Nature and Ability and would rather not have to resort to it at all.

So what does this password do? These effects combined:

• Nature is set to either Docile, Serious, Bashful or Quirky (Natures that don't increase nor decrease any status).
  • Remove the "Pokemon Psychologist" NPC (The guy in the underground that can change your Pokemon's Nature).
  • Disables Online (It's a mode just to pass the story without having to worry about the grind anyway).

I hope I can see something similar to this in the future, it's just a suggestion tho'

Evs, IVs, perfect natures and abilities are not a requirement to finish the game, it will be easier, but it's certainly not impossible.

Breeding is not required either.

Changing members of your team is intended, you aren't meant to sweep through the game with one team.

Passwords outside of a password pack already exist for a few of the listed things as well. 

1 hour ago, Dred said:

Evs, IVs, perfect natures and abilities are not a requirement to finish the game, it will be easier, but it's certainly not impossible.

Breeding is not required either.

Changing members of your team is intended, you aren't meant to sweep through the game with one team.

Passwords outside of a password pack already exist for a few of the listed things as well. 

I mean, I wasn't saying that we need that to play the game, I already beat Reborn and Rejuvenation many times, but it's just to make replaying it much easier since you don't need to worry about anything other than Ability and Move Set

But alright then, if you can't do it you can't do it
[shrug]

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 4:27 AM, MhicKy said:

1: The majority of opposing trainers have 31ivs already, use the 31iv password to get this yourself
2: "flatevs" password does this to opposing trainers, but you'll need to do this to yourself. Setting default EVs on a caught pokemon is probably possible through modding, as well. Try it out yourself!

3: No mod or password exists for this, but you can certainly code one yourself. I haven't looked too much into the code related to the PULSE2 password, but i'd imagine that you'd be able to do this by coping most of the code and using it to make all opposing trainers Hardy Nature (the one you forgot about, this is actually the one that neutral-natured pokemon in trainer battles are set to in the mainline games!)
4: That's a *lot* of pickups. You'd be better off making the items non-functional instead, like what the Nuzlocke password does. You should also make Negative Imprints non-functional, since those allow you to decrease your IVs.

5: yeah this is easy just change one event in the map file

6: There's a mod for this

7: The 31iv password already does this for some reason.