[19.16][Mod] 2v2 / Double battles everywhere (trainers/wild encounters)

Vilrose

Small bugfix in the PokeBattle_Battle.rb

- In double combat with a partner (Fern, Amaria, Aya..), the initialization phase of the battle on the opposing side was done twice (we saw the same team appear twice.)

The problem is now normally solved (I no longer have it on my side.)

I updated the file concerned for future downloads.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

Ok, I found a new bug, particularly tricky to fix.

During a fight against a trainer with a single pokémon, using an aoe ability, such as surf or earthquake, would cause the game to display an error message, and skip the current aoe ability without using it.
In addition, there was an invisible pokemon, cloned on the next one, able to attack, be defeated, and which was directly responsible for the error message.

This bug is the result of a change on my part when solving the previous bug lol.

Now, both the previous bug and the new one are now normally fixed

The PokeBattle_Battle.rb file available above, which is responsible for this, has been updated.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the mod, not played Reborn in 5+ years and came back to discover this. My dream mod on the best fan game.

Do you know if this would mostly work with something like the "Generation 8 + Eeveelution mod (Reborn E19.16)" mod without Eevee add on?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Pacifict said:

Thanks for the mod, not played Reborn in 5+ years and came back to discover this. My dream mod on the best fan game.

Do you know if this would mostly work with something like the "Generation 8 + Eeveelution mod (Reborn E19.16)" mod without Eevee add on?

Hey !
Glad it's useful.

For the mod you want to add, there should be no problem.

I worked on battle initialization, and wild encounter AI.
Nothing to do with the pokemon themselves.

I plan to test this mod myself anyway.

I'll let you know if you haven't tried it before me.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

@Pacifict I have some good news for you !

20220816163941_1.thumb.jpg.58845902a7654366abcf8023bd0b622a.jpg

As you can see, this is a double battle against wild pokemon, and there is a Sandaconda (shiny btw lol) from the 8g.

I also did a test fight with debug mode against Charlotte, who has an 8g pokemon who can gigamax on her team.

20220816181055_1.thumb.jpg.704fe7507cacc369a91a91b8374047c5.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.7a1e940e7733c23762efaeb36188af17.jpeg

So both mods work together, don't worry !

The "Generation 8 + Eeveelution mod (Reborn E19.16)" mod makes you download the entire game when downloading it.

So you simply have to download, then to put the three files mentioned above in the "scripts" folder of "Eevelution Reborn".

It works without any other manipulation.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose
  • Like 2

Hey, time for a mod update:

Now these are downloadable as .zip.

In addition, there are now two versions, the "standard", and the "password" :

- The "standard" version will change all fights to 2v2.
- The "password" version will leave them in 1v1 by default, but you can turn on the double mode against trainers as you wish, via the "double" and "db" passwords.

You will need data ships (you can use debug mode to buy some, or wait for 7th street.) 

The password does not change wild encounters, which will remain 2v2.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

• 3 weeks later...

Im from Brazil so forgive me for any sentence mistakes...
Amazing job with this mod! Is like a dream coming true, double battles are way better than the singles one! Would be even better if the boss battles are ajusted to the double formats, but I guess this is asking way to much...

Now, the standart version works just fine, but the password version claims that the password do not exist when I try to put in!

image.thumb.png.126144cec31bb22bf2966c59b664ada0.png

I dont think that I mess up when instaling in the scripts folder, after all, the standart version works... If I have to guess, problably is because I use other passwords (easyhms, hardcap, nodmgroll, noitems, unrealtime, weathermod)
Anyway, just a heads up! I gonna roll with the standart for now! Amazing job again, peace!

• Documented 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:41 PM, Oniichan said:

Im from Brazil so forgive me for any sentence mistakes...
Amazing job with this mod! Is like a dream coming true, double battles are way better than the singles one! Would be even better if the boss battles are ajusted to the double formats, but I guess this is asking way to much...

Now, the standart version works just fine, but the password version claims that the password do not exist when I try to put in!

image.thumb.png.126144cec31bb22bf2966c59b664ada0.png

I dont think that I mess up when instaling in the scripts folder, after all, the standart version works... If I have to guess, problably is because I use other passwords (easyhms, hardcap, nodmgroll, noitems, unrealtime, weathermod)
Anyway, just a heads up! I gonna roll with the standart for now! Amazing job again, peace!

Hi hi!

Indeed, I just saw where the problem came from.
The files needed to create the password were not positioned correctly (they were in the "scripts" folder, whereas they should have been in the "Reborn" sub-folder of the "Scripts" folder).

My mistake lol.

Having no returns, I had no idea of such a problem.

This is now fixed, and it will suffice to download the new .zip for the mod password that I reuploaded.
Thanks a lot for the feedback !

To answer your questions :

- Boss fights are by default double fights if password is enabled, or if you are using the standard version.

However, you can put the boss fights back in solo mode by disabling the password with the pc.
Only solo encounters are not changed (fishing (I could have changed fishing, but weird to catch two fish at the same time :p, it never happened to me irl eh)

and events battle like Baltoy, and probably legendaries if we can catch them in endgame, I haven't tested yet).

- You can use as many passwords as you want in addition to mine.

I even use about ten of them myself, and I have no problem so far (I'm in the league, if there were to be any, I would have seen them.)

I hope I have helped you (sorry for the delay).

Have a nice game!

Vil'

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Oniichan said:

Hi Vilrose! Another bug report!
When the files are put in the script folder, all battles becomes doubles, but is impossible to disable! 

image.png.f62c9e1fa16237189afda3f97774a199.pngimage.png.5be0bb5c882f9db3f4095d86ee5c79cb.png

EDIT: I just read that this is normal, only works against trainers! My mistake! Peace!

Uh yeah, I did try to get the password to work with wild encounters, but that's beyond my skill set.

I spent hours on it without being able to get it to work.
If someone offers me help on this, it would be nice.

But for the moment, you can't :/ .

Sorry !

Vil'

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi hi @scoober19, sorry for the late reply.

I don't see anything that can cause this problem at all, other than, as Karvanha said, possible incompatibility with other mods.
I was able to do a full run with my mod with no issues, and so were other players. And this with or without other mods.

Especially since I have the impression that your error concerns lines that I did not touch.

Sorry for not being able to be of much help.

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a new player. I wonder if this is an updated mod version of pokemon? I really enjoy playing mod games because I also tried techloky mods before. So if the game you recommend is a mod, where can I download it? Please help me with an answer. Thank you!

Edited by LavernPeek

• 2 weeks later...

Just replying to tell you that a friend of mine aprpeciates the mod, cause he loves double fights, and was too lazy to create an account to downlaod it himself, so i had to do it for him, but still wanted to thank you for your time and work :D

If there is a mod which turns all the fights into singles, you can hit me up with it :P

• 2 months later...

Hey! I've been playing this mod in conjunction with the All-Gen Eevee Reborn + Custom Megas mod and while the experience is great I've encountered two problems and I'm not sure whether it's the fault of me combining the two mods or of either of them individually. Basically spread moves when used by me only target the Pokemon on the right, and while I forget which side the AIs move targets they also effect only one side. The other issue is that multi-hit moves fail to do more than one hit. Are either of these problems you've found individually or are able to recreate or should I not have mashed these two mods together?

Thanks! - WaLogan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 11:43 PM, Vilrose said:

Hello !

Being a big fan of double battles (rain team 💙), I wanted to find a mod to transform Reborn in the Colosseum way (i love this game), to only do double battles.
Unfortunately, the ones I found are outdated, not working, or buggy.

That's why I decided to make my own files !

Here are some screens to show you what it looks like !

Reveal hidden contents

VS trainer with single pokemon

20220813212616_1.thumb.jpg.d4b9713ccc0c613fa22d03aebe795580.jpg

Vs double trainers, with Julia as a partner.

20220814181235_1.thumb.jpg.73c3f055c4ff20ef887f870ea319ddfb.jpg

Vs Pulse

20220814033002_1.thumb.jpg.7c4b9c6d4ac8d533d6c898b0c161bd87.jpg

Vs single trainer with at least 2 pokemon

20220814204201_1.thumb.jpg.6a774a9d39e14e26c55cfd407401099d.jpg

Vs single trainer with at least 2 pokemon - initialization of the fight.

20220814204653_2.thumb.jpg.05a5a124cca64d65830b2db883ee32f6.jpg

Vs wild encounters

20220814210349_1.thumb.jpg.6e14d768b101fb1b69829b6fa119d335.jpg

Solo event encounter

20220815012320_1.thumb.jpg.37362ef0ca4177e1d9108ee962b95115.jpg

• Forces double battles against trainers.
  • No clone, or invisible pokemon.
  • Does not cause a crash when a trainer only has one pokemon.
  • 2v1 when he has only one pokemon.
  • Spawn two wild pokemon at once, in normal wild encounters, without a partner by your side.
  • Send two pokemon too.
  • Partners will still work (like that idiot Fern or that handicap that is Julia :/ ).

2 versions of my mod are available. 

- The "standard" version will change all fights to 2v2.
- The "password" version will leave them in 1v1 by default, but you can turn on the double mode against trainers as you wish, via the "double" and "db" passwords.

You will need data ships (you can use debug mode to buy some, or wait for 7th street.)

The password does not change wild encounters, which will remain 2v2.

Installation mode

1 - Go to your "Pokemon Reborn" folder.

2 - Copy your "scripts" folder to keep a backup version.

3 - Download the "DBE" folder you want (either the standard or the password).

DBE - Standard version - By Vilrose.rar 61.42 kB · 194 downloads DBE - Password version - By Vilrose.rar 81.11 kB · 126 downloads

4 - Unzip the folder.

5 - Transfer its contents into your "scripts" folder.

6 - Enjoy ! 

Don't forget to drop a like on the forum and to give your feedback !

I hope you like it as much as I do !

Advice :

You can use the password "double" or "db" of the password version, and disable double mode for a boss fight.

Since in some boss fights (Garchomp for example), these only have one pokemon, this will keep the difficulty high in the game.

For a super fun experience, you can also use the in-game password "pulse2".
Opposing Pokemon will have 252 evs and 31ivs in all stats.

It compensates for some temporary facilities brought by the double battle mode.

Be careful, with "pulse2" and 2v2 enabled, some leaders are going to be very hard to defeat, even if they are initially 1v1 leaders.
Some, like Serra, get stronger in 2v2.
(Well, I used a rain team against her though, not the best matchup if you ask me.)

Note that I am not a developer, let alone a pro with Essential, and that this work took me hours of hard work to understand how it works, find solutions, do tests...

I did a lot of tests to correct the many bugs I encountered, but it is possible that there are still some.

Do not hesitate to give me your feedback, and to ask your questions.

Have a good game !

Vil'

Hi. I really am interested in this mod, but the download link for de .zip doesn't work. there is another way to download it?

So, I was really excited to play with this mod. However, I keep getting an error whenever I attack. I'm assuming it's because I'm not using the official Reborn, I'm using the All-Gen Eevee Reborn mod which includes the entire base game in the download and just adds more stuff to it like more Eeveelutions. This is the error I'm getting, which I don't understand.

Error.PNG