reborn but you can hug (some of) the characters

stardust03

The title's pretty self-explanatory; it's a reborn mod where you now have the option to hug people in the nightclub. 

Download (v1.1.1):  Map827.rxdata

Installation: Download the attached map file, then copy it into the Data folder, overwriting the old nightclub map file when necessary (maybe make a copy of the old file in case you want to get rid of the mod for some reason). 

Features: This mod gives the player the ability to hug several characters as part of their idle dialogues in the nightclub. Note that idle dialogues are random, so you may have to talk to them several times before the option comes up, and they also have to be present in the nightclub for you to be able to hug them. Also, idle dialogue only occurs if all other (non-idle) dialogue options have been exhausted, so may not appear immediately. 

Characters Included: (contains postgame spoilers regarding the status of certain characters)

Spoiler

Shelly, Noel, Taka, Lumi, Lin, Ace, and Florinia

Changelog: 

Spoiler

v1.1.1 (20 October 2022): bug fixes (now you can actually hug rini)

v1.1 (21 July 2022): Added nightclub options for Lumi, Ace, Florinia, and Lin; updated older dialogues slightly. 

v1.0 (18 July 2022): Created mod, added nightclub options for Shelly, Noel, and Taka. 

Edited by stardust03
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, stardust03 said:

The title's pretty self-explanatory; it's a reborn mod where you now have the option to hug people. 

Download (v1.0): Map827.rxdata

Installation: Download the attached map file, then copy it into the Data folder, overwriting the old nightclub map file when necessary (maybe make a copy of the old file in case you want to get rid of the mod for some reason). 

Features: As of v1.0, you can hug Shelly, Taka, and Noel as part of their idle nightclub dialogue. Note that idle dialogues are random, so you may have to talk to them several times before the option comes up, and they also have to be present in the nightclub for you to be able to hug them. 

Changelog: 

Hide contents

v1.0 (18 July 2022): Created mod, added nightclub options for Shelly, Noel, and Taka. 

I am currently taking feature requests, so if you have characters you want to hug, just ask! I'm also considering adding the option to hug characters to other parts of the game when I get the time to do so. 

This is amazing.
But! 

Spoiler

What must I do to give Lin a hug? She deserves it after everything. 

7 hours ago, stardust03 said:

The title's pretty self-explanatory; it's a reborn mod where you now have the option to hug people. 

Features: As of v1.0, you can hug Shelly, Taka, and Noel as part of their idle nightclub dialogue. Note that idle dialogues are random, so you may have to talk to them several times before the option comes up, and they also have to be present in the nightclub for you to be able to hug them. 

Changelog: 

Reveal hidden contents

I am currently taking feature requests, so if you have characters you want to hug, just ask! I'm also considering adding the option to hug characters to other parts of the game when I get the time to do so. 

I know this sounds lika a massive project but

Spoiler

could you somehow make it that you can hug the character whose ending cutscenes is unlocked at the end of postgame

So, out of curiosity(Okay I lied, it's mostly bc I adore Taka--) I decided to try this, but I can't seem to get it to work? I replaced the map file and talked to Taka a ton, but there was no new dialogue. I can't try with Shelly or Noel bc they're not in the nightclub at the moment.  Is there a specific requirement to get this to trigger? Such as a specific post game quest or something? Or maybe I'm just doing this mod wrong? I'm open to being stupid as well lol

9 hours ago, stardust03 said:

Changelog: 

Hide contents

Would it be possible to hug Gossip Gardevoir ? Knowing I have reached the end of the game, and she is nowhere to be seen ?

On 7/18/2022 at 10:05 PM, Dred said:

This is amazing.
But! 

Hide contents

What must I do to give Lin a hug? She deserves it after everything. 

All you have to do is ask, and your request just might be granted! (I make no promises about the quality of the dialogue though)

On 7/19/2022 at 5:52 AM, Broken Elegance said:

So, out of curiosity(Okay I lied, it's mostly bc I adore Taka--) I decided to try this, but I can't seem to get it to work? I replaced the map file and talked to Taka a ton, but there was no new dialogue. I can't try with Shelly or Noel bc they're not in the nightclub at the moment.  Is there a specific requirement to get this to trigger? Such as a specific post game quest or something? Or maybe I'm just doing this mod wrong? I'm open to being stupid as well lol

I don't know why it's not working; I tested it on one of my other copies of Reborn and copying over the file worked there. Sometimes you can get really unlucky with the random rolls for idle dialogue as well (and if you're getting special dialogue like when someone asks to see a certain pokémon, the new dialogue won't trigger).

Maybe try with the new version and see if that works, and there are also more characters now that you can test with. If it still doesn't work, let me know (and if someone else can confirm that the mod works for them, that would be great). 

On 7/19/2022 at 4:26 AM, Seina said:

I know this sounds lika a massive project but

Hide contents

could you somehow make it that you can hug the character whose ending cutscenes is unlocked at the end of postgame

I don't have any plans to connect this to relationship points or ending cutscenes at this time; limiting who you can hug just doesn't feel right to me, especially given that it's really easy to mess up getting cutscenes with certain characters (I myself missed out on shelly's cutscene on my first reborn playthrough and she's my favorite character so).

On 7/19/2022 at 6:33 AM, Black Hoof said:

Would it be possible to hug Gossip Gardevoir ? Knowing I have reached the end of the game, and she is nowhere to be seen ?

Unfortunately, being able to hug that character in particular would be challenging to implement, given that she cannot be found in the nightclub during postgame and there's no good place to hug her during the main story without it being awkward or interrupting story events.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stardust03 said:

All you have to do is ask, and your request just might be granted! (I make no promises about the quality of the dialogue though)

I don't know why it's not working; I tested it on one of my other copies of Reborn and copying over the file worked there. Sometimes you can get really unlucky with the random rolls for idle dialogue as well (and if you're getting special dialogue like when someone asks to see a certain pokémon, the new dialogue won't trigger).

Maybe try with the new version and see if that works, and there are also more characters now that you can test with. If it still doesn't work, let me know (and if someone else can confirm that the mod works for them, that would be great). 

I don't have any plans to connect this to relationship points or ending cutscenes at this time; limiting who you can hug just doesn't feel right to me, especially given that it's really easy to mess up getting cutscenes with certain characters (I myself missed out on shelly's cutscene on my first reborn playthrough and she's my favorite character so).

Unfortunately, being able to hug that character in particular would be challenging to implement, given that she cannot be found in the nightclub during postgame and there's no good place to hug her during the main story without it being awkward or interrupting story events.

I understand.

5 hours ago, stardust03 said:

Alright, then I'll firstly ask about Amaria, Saphira, Eve and Titania, thanks in advance

Edited by Seina

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, metal tampon simp said:

does this still work? its not doing anything for me 

I haven't touched the mod in a while, and it's not like Reborn itself has updated any time in the past couple of years, so it should still be working.

Assuming you've installed the mod correctly, you'll probably have to leave and re-enter the nightclub after installation to refresh the map properly. In addition, the added stuff has been included as an option in the specific characters' idle dialogues, so to see it you'll both have to get lucky in rolling the right dialogue (just talk to them over and over again) and have exhausted all the non-repeatable dialogue for that character.