Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

can event pokemon be changed?

angelrosewood

Question

I have a weird question. I have espurr in lower peridot ward house and i was looking to get mincino instead is there a way to do a soft refresh to get it? i know you can do the soft refresh for shinys but can you do it for different event pokemon?

thanks in advance

and i'm sorry if this was asked before

9 answers to this question

Hey there, in regard to your question about event Pokémon with 2 or more possible mons, like the Espurr/Minccino, i can tell you how this works.

For every event that picks randomly between 2 or more Pokémon to obtain, the mons that you will encounter are determinated upon creating a new game. That means no matter if it's a Pokémon that you can get before the first gym, or as late as somewhere between the last 3 gyms, which Pokémon you will find when you get there has already been decided from the moment you pressed the New Game button. This also applies to all eggs in the game that randomly give you one out of multiple mons, like the egg in the Obsidia Slums for example.

That also means that no amount of soft resetting will change which mons you get on that particular playthrough. Soft resetting will only reroll the gender, IV spread, ability, possible egg moves and of course whether it's a shiny or not. So if you are not happy with what mon you get, you can either wait until you get far enough into the game to capture the mon you wanted in the wild, or try to trade with someone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

the mons that you will encounter are determinated upon creating a new game.

In Episode 18 at least it was actually assigned once you fight Cain and Victoria for the first times, not quite on the creation of the save meaning you could pick your starter and stuff and as long as you save before going downstairs you could SR there to change them. So unless it was changed in this version you can wait until that point. Also in E19 there are certain passwords that you can enter which influence which you can get from these.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rendolf said:

In Episode 18 at least it was actually assigned once you fight Cain and Victoria for the first times, not quite on the creation of the save meaning you could pick your starter and stuff and as long as you save before going downstairs you could SR there to change them. So unless it was changed in this version you can wait until that point. Also in E19 there are certain passwords that you can enter which influence which you can get from these.

That may also be true, i am not a 100% sure on this one. But as far as i know, this question has been asked multiple times in the past and the answers vary from "upon creating a new game" over "once you enter the Grand Hall for the first time" and of course what you said "when you first battle Cain and Victoria". I guess the only way to actually get a precise answer would be either looking into the code, if you know what you're doing, or ask the devs directly.

Still, we can at least say for certain that at the point where you leave the Grand Hall after obtaining your starter, there is no way to change the event Pokémon encounters any more.

• Like 1