The hardest member of the Elite Four?

Outside Indoorsman

Hardest member of the Elite Four... public opinion?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which Elite Four member was hardest, for you?

• Wind Maiden Heather
    • Tag Team Laura & Bennett
    • Agent Elias
    • Starcrosser Anna

• Global Mods

Spoiler

For me it was definitely Elias.
once tailwind/strong winds was down, scarf stone edge from krookadile ripped through heather. Destroying the flower garden with heat waves made Laura/Bennet not too bad, and Alolatales from Anna was very easy to set up quiver dances on to sweep her. I didn't have much that could deal with dragonites extremespeed on my team though, so I ended up needing to stall out all the PP for it with healing items and use a few revives to get through him

Spoiler

Huh. Heather gave me the most issues because I didn't have any easy answer for Tailwind removing the common weaknesses on two-thirds of her team (I had a Porygon 2 with Thunder, I think that helped... can't remember clearly). Laura and Bennett... I had a Male-Meowstic with Prankster and Sunny Day, and altering the field made things a lot easier. El - Porygon-2 with Download and the Field boost, plus a Delphox, also with the field boost? Kind of unfair. Anna's Mega Metagross was a nightmare, though. And so was Nostra - I lucked out and got a critical that punched through Cosmic Power before Wish could heal it back up.

Spoiler

I run a sand team, opening with my Tyranitar. I had a pretty easy time for the most part, Anna gave me the most trouble by far. I just have so few answers to that +3 Starmie.
But I actually first try-swept Bennett and Laura with a Tyranitar-Ninetales opener. Sand switched (what I assume is rain) and heatwaves from my choice scarf Ninetales melted basically the entire team. My Skarmory ended up being an excellent stall for Elias' dragonite.
Overall the E4 felt very fun but more like a victory lap somehow. I ended up getting through it all in 4 attempts funnily enough. The final fight was super tough though.

2 minutes ago, Dissolution said:
  Hide contents

I run a sand team, opening with my Tyranitar. I had a pretty easy time for the most part, Anna gave me the most trouble by far. I just have so few answers to that +3 Starmie.
But I actually first try-swept Bennett and Laura with a Tyranitar-Ninetales opener. Sand switched (what I assume is rain) and heatwaves from my choice scarf Ninetales melted basically the entire team. My Skarmory ended up being an excellent stall for Elias' dragonite.
Overall the E4 felt very fun but more like a victory lap somehow. I ended up getting through it all in 4 attempts funnily enough. The final fight was super tough though.

Honestly? I'm half-certain that Ame and the others deliberately made the Elite Four... mostly not too hard? Looking at the victory rates they had - they're all good, but they all looked kind of unimpressive compared to the higher-level Gym Leaders. Granted, you fight them one after each other and don't have a chance to swap mons, which is probably where most of the difficulty is meant to come from. Honestly, I'm pretty sure they're saving the really nasty teams for postgame/Round Two.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:37 AM, Outside Indoorsman said:

Honestly? I'm half-certain that Ame and the others deliberately made the Elite Four... mostly not too hard? Looking at the victory rates they had - they're all good, but they all looked kind of unimpressive compared to the higher-level Gym Leaders. Granted, you fight them one after each other and don't have a chance to swap mons, which is probably where most of the difficulty is meant to come from. Honestly, I'm pretty sure they're saving the really nasty teams for postgame/Round Two.

There is also the fact we fight them in even levels, while from Samsom foward I think the leaders had pokemon above our level cap.

On 4/26/2022 at 6:37 AM, Outside Indoorsman said:

That's true, Victory Road fights were harder than E4.

Spoiler

I beat Heather on the second try only bcos I made a mistake and switched into a super effective attack, on Laura and Bennet on the first try I didnt even bother manipulating the field, I didnt lose a single pokemon on them. Anna's and Lin's opening Ninetales allowed me to set up 6 quiver dances on Volcarona, 6-0 sweep. Only Elias posed some threat, but nowhere close to e.g. Sirius fight, where I had to resort to max revive spam, cause I got tired with this fight. I'm by far not competetive level player, I use what I like at the moment and dont care much about EVs/IVs. I was greatly suprised how easily I breezed through this part.

Heather by quite a bit. My main team's a pretty straightforward "hit them super effective" with the only utility moves being Speed control in Tailwind and Thunder Wave. Heather guaranteed setting up her own tailwing and removing most of her weaknesses in the process was a huge issue.

Laura and Bennet were kind of pathetically easy, double Heat Wave is just too good.

Elias and Anna are probably around the same level, although Elias ended up being the easier of the two because his Holy Field let my Mega Sceptile and Gardevoir rip through a lot of his mons.