Need help with my Pokémon team.

RealLynn

I'm the kind of person that likes to plan out my team before playing the game. I also really dislike having to use temporary Pokémon and having to switch team members around constantly. So when I make my teams I usually pick Pokémon I intend to keep for the entirety of the game; rarely, if ever, catching any other Pokémon.

But rejuvenation has pretty much ruined that way of playing the game for me. All the gym fights I've encountered recently have been so hard they weren't even fun. I like being able to sweep my oponents, so being unable to even defeat two team members before TKO'ing has made me very frustrated (And yes, I'm playing on "casual", thanks a lot Angie).

So I need help to make a new team. I wanted to try my best to include the Espurr and Growlithe you can befriend during the game, as well as the Mawile you get from mom. Other than that I'm open to anything. I really like the game aside from the difficulty. And if I could I'd disable level caps and field effects in a heartbeat to make it enjoyable. But I can't. So if anyone could come with suggestions on how to make a good team out of this, I'd really appreciate it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyphre said:

Well you got a massive amounts of options, at least tell us some pokemon you like or preferences or anything like it. Going over 900 pokemon is not very reasonable. 

I'm not really a fan of duplicate types in teams so avoiding two of the same types is something I usually do. The team I was using before deciding to restart was Meowstic, Milotic, Growlithe and Mawile, with the last two supposed to be Dragapult and Skarmory, but since those weren't obtainable yet (as far as I know) I had the last two spots open.

But Ideally I'd like at least one pseudo legendary in the team, as well as a ghost type and a water type probably. But Idk if that's a good team composition or not. If I didn't care I wouldn't be asking for help after all.

• Like 1

while not a pseudo i would personally recommend the shadow alolan grimer you can snag as in my playthru it has been invaluable to me as an alolan muk (able to go 1v12 in the psychic gym living purely off of black sludge while paralyzed and in the red)............

as for pseudos im honestly not sure what is and isnt available off the top of my head, but if you seek a decent water mon there are a good few options tho a couple of said options are starters being feraligatr and swampert (feraligatr because sheer force + feraligatr crest is downright brutal and swampert because of mega), im not 100% sure off the top of my head if its in rejuv or not but a gastrodon would also be a rather solid choice for a water type (solid type coverage, good bit of bulk due to natural bulk and recover, plus access to storm drain)

12 hours ago, RealLynn said:

I'm not really a fan of duplicate types in teams so avoiding two of the same types is something I usually do. The team I was using before deciding to restart was Meowstic, Milotic, Growlithe and Mawile, with the last two supposed to be Dragapult and Skarmory, but since those weren't obtainable yet (as far as I know) I had the last two spots open.

If you are restarting the game then get the Speed boost Torchic, is the closest thing we have to a easy mode in this game, that thing will help you greatly with bulk up + High jump kick + flare blitz/fire punch/blaze kick.

Alola raichu with Nasty plot + Thunderbolt + psychic is another strong option that can sweep many gyms.

But most of all, you need a good support to make the life easy for your sweepers, and luckly you said you want to use the Espurr right? then make sure is a male so you can get prankster meowstic with light clay: reflect + Light screen + Fake out, with this you can guarantee in most cases that Raichu or Blaziken can set up to sweep.

If you are having difficult with a boss, you can always get a shuckle with sturdy, make it learn power trick then common candy it right down to lv1 and use it on the boss so they will not hit as hard anymore, at that point just set up in their face and go to town.

15 hours ago, RealLynn said:

But Ideally I'd like at least one pseudo legendary in the team, as well as a ghost type and a water type probably. But Idk if that's a good team composition or not. If I didn't care I wouldn't be asking for help after all.

Yo, I'm the same way. My only suggestion is Alolan Raichu as well.

Skarmory is in the game, though not until nearly near the end of the current version of the game. I think around episode 12-13, maybe 14. So you'll be able to grab one, just not until what's nearly considered the end of the current version of the game. Dragapult's line on the other hand is not obtainable legit and you would need debug mode for that. Milotic's regional variant line is good until version 14, where Jan and the others have said that the gift pokemon will be removed from Gearan labs. But who knows how long that will take so use that to your advantage if you are using that version.

As for recommendations, that's tricky. I'd say use pokemon that can utilize the field to your advantage, if not outright null it. Though that's tricky as well given the pokemon you get.

• 2 weeks later...

On casual with item usage, i think a team of 6 should be doable. I agree with the alolan muk choice, or generally anything you feel can lay down spikes. Id personally suggest noivern. Im pretty sure you can catch a noibat fairly early, and while its pretty much dead weight till it evolves, it does perform really well after evolving. Tailwind support is really nice and a fast mon. Another pokemon that i have found really useful in Rejuvenation is contrary Malamar. You get one not too late and is capable of carrying out some sweeps, and is honestly a pretty fun pokemon to use. It may clash with your espurr typing though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Clash or not, its always nice to have a pokemon with the same type but a different purpose. See contrary Malamar vs Espurr for example. Just keep it off to the side though and only bring it up when needed.

And I don't know if buddy is still looking at this thread, but on route 4 you can encounter Frillish in those dens for water/ghost coverage. Plus you get free moves it can't normally learn either, so it's a win. Of course it still is a shadow pokemon at the end of the day so there's work for that. Then again that's if you want to level it up with you, you can just shove it into the PC and use the purify thing on it for faster results.