Breeding item

Espeon

I want to breed a 5 IV Staryu, and since my Ditto is terrible, I have to start from scratch. I vaguely remember that sometime ago I stumbled onto a post mentioning an item that makes the egg NOT inherit any of either the parent holding the item or both parents' stats, which would be great in my situation. However, I cannot seem to be able to find out which item it is and whether it even exists in the first place. Can anyone help me find out if such an item exists and which item it is?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Espeon said:

I want to breed a 5 IV Staryu, and since my Ditto is terrible, I have to start from scratch. I vaguely remember that sometime ago I stumbled onto a post mentioning an item that makes the egg NOT inherit any of either the parent holding the item or both parents' stats, which would be great in my situation. However, I cannot seem to be able to find out which item it is and whether it even exists in the first place. Can anyone help me find out if such an item exists and which item it is?

Thanks!

Hey there,

If I understood your problem right, I'm terribly sorry to burst your bubble but such an item, that doesn't inherit the parents stats to the Egg, doesn't exist as far as I know at least.

I hope I could help

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 11:44 AM, Lil' Sunny said:

i'm like 90% sure inherited stats are absolutely random unless a parent holds destiny knot/power item

"The baby will inherit three IVs, each from a different stat and from a random parent. The other three are determined at random." - Bulbagarden Sun/Moon Breeding Guide.

That means three IVs are always passed on from the combined IV pool of the parents, which is what I was trying to prevent. I'm afraid there's no way around it though.