Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

having lots of trouble beating the glass factory thing

guy with pokemon obsession

Question

16 answers to this question

Heyyyy. Shelly is very difficult for everyone so dw. Some mons that i found supper useful were meowstic, which you may be ale to access down in lower peridot if u pay the man $50 three times as u can the use fake out to stop the rain from ever falling and then just proceed to destroy her with fire types, ie your starter if u picked one, the growlithe that you can get from saving the police or maybe even some fire types available  from the mystery egg. if you don’t  have access to meowstic, purllion, which can find around the alleyways  i believe  should also get fake out. Personally  I think that everyone early game should be using swoobat with the ability  simple as it can prove invaluable  for a majority  of the early and mid game. Also you can use onix to set up stealth rocks which can hurt her. For cain i think just using a main team consisting of decent mons, your starter, growlithe (if that starter isn't a fire type) your mystery egg pokemon as well as a mightena with moxie and a simple swoobat should enough.

Lmk if there is much more i can help you with, everyone says it quite often about this game but if your willing to change up your teams ever so slightly  for the main fights you'll find it much easier to win than by brute forcing your way through.

Can you post your team and maybe tell me what gives you the most trouble? I beat them multiple times in my mono runs and my tactic was to focus on the side that gives me the most trouble and also use the Pokemon that can stay in front in everyone of the 3 battles. (I looked up at the Reborn Wiki)
Shellys Ribombee will most of the time always get the Sticky Web off. If your team is weak against Bug focus on shelly first and try to ignore cain when he hase a pokemon out that your pokemon dont have that much trouble with. What helped me was letting one of my pokemon tank if needed and either set up or sweep with both in combination. If you click fast enough you can save between battles. What a few did was using the X items that you can buy on a high floor of the shopping center (never did it but saw others do it that way) and let 1 pokemon tank set up with the other one and heal them if needed. Most of the time if possible i tried to take out rimbombbee beforei t could set up or kill marowak if it is dangerous for me.

blaziken 88 

adamant, holding wide lens and speed boost

blaze kick

high jump kick

and two moves i don't know what to give it

magnezone 88 

gentle, holding magnet, has sturdy

flash cannon

zap cannon

magnet bomb

gyro ball

gardevoir 88

mild, holding twisted spoon, telepathy (switched to this for double battles)

psychic

will-o-wisp (lowers attack)

focus blast (for coverage)

moonblast

rhyperior 88

bold, holding a groundium-Z, sometimes i switch for rock incense, solid rock

earthquake

stone edge

megahorn

rock smash (because i need to get around the region)

ludicolo 88

timid, mystic water/miracle seed, swift swim

hydro pump

giga drain

surf

dive or rain dance

here idk what pokemon to use so im just alternating until i get a good fit.

omg my bad i thought it was for gym leader. 

Okay so first i would teach blazekin bulk up as by using that you will get boost in attack defence and speed thanks to speed boost. I would open with blazekin and ludicolo, blazekin should handle ribombee and ludicolo will take out the marowak. i would then try to set a bulk up with blazekin as he can by himself tear through shelly's team. If u dont wanna get bulk up, x items should be fine. I would however teach magnezone discharge  instead  of zap cannon. Zap cannon has low accuracy and is quite inconsistent, while discharge  in the factory  field is a very good move. Pair him with gardivour or rhyperoir using that and it will do huge damage. I would also give him an air ballon so that you can use rhyperoirs eq. But as Mia said if there are specific mons that you’re struggling with i think we can help you more. Nevertheless, try these changes and see if its any better. Also having blazekin first can really help for second fight so make sure to do that.  

hrmmmm okay well your team seems overall pretty solid i dont think you need to change too much. Honestly with blazekin one bulk up is enough, especially if its ev trained, set one up and with speed boost tear through shelly. Im not sure what took out your ludiclolo but attempt to salvage him as he can really support blaze, and mess up that nidoking. For the vivillion honestly blazekin, rhyperioir and even magnezone should really do a number on it. One common issue with these battles, or one that i found anyways, is that slow pokemon, like rhyperor can become kind of redundant, so if u have access to an alternate rock type, like lycanrock, you can find much more useful. So lmk if you have any other mons in roation that are in your pc. Otherwise keep trying and may the RNG be ever in your favour.   

some other pokemon i have in rotation that are leveled: weavile, greninja, beedrill, volcarona (this gets absolutely annihilated for some reason??),excadrill, gengar, charizard & ninetails both leftover from that 'beat glass factory with 3 pokemon EZ' thing, alolan raichu, magikarp(still level 5 but i've got stonks of rare candy), steelix, dragoonite, aegislash, clefable, and some other underleveld pokemon.