Kyogre Fight v13 Help

Tangelo

This fight is flipping impossible. Since the update all broken strats like destiny bond and perish song have been nerfed so I can't use them and all my Pokémon get out sped. Does anyone have any tips or cheap ways to beat kyogre cause I really want a gallade since I love the Pokémon.

Breed a Sturdy Togedemaru with Encore (you can use Plusle or Minun as the parent, they get it at level 10 or something). Max out its speed to be in the safe side. Send it up first and use Nuzzle, followed by Encore to lock Kyogre into Surf. From here you can use a mon with Water Absorb or Storm Drain and take advantage of the couple of free turns you get to break shields. Something else will have to clean up, physical attackers preferred since the seed it starts with buffs its Sp Def.

You could potentially do other things, like transform the field with Blizzard, or lower its Sp Atk with enough Snarls, but I think the above takes the least overall prep time for how well it works.

Yep, a prankster mon could set up light screen and grant you some resistance, then you could use various moves to lower its SpAtk and Speed. I had a meowstic who set up light screen and an electrode which outsped and could use eerie impulse and break a shield. Wasn't easy even like this, but managed to win in a couple tries once I had established the strategy

Paralyze it with a nuzzle pokemon to drop its speed , I kinda brute forced it if I remember correctly bringing only super effective mons against it . I had to reset some times . Electrode , Raichu  ( had nuzzle ) , Tsareena etc . But the light screen strat also looks good as mentioned above . 

In the v13.02 I beat it on, it doesn't have infinite PP like other bosses.

I beat it by swapping back and forth between a Storm Drain Gastrodon and a Lapras after hitting it with paralysis with my first mon and as many Eerie Pulses as I could with Electrode, then Memento from a Pyukumuku.

I beat it when it started struggling by Recover-ing on Gastrodon. Not the prettiest way to do it, and I don't know if it'll work in 13.04, but it got the job done.