Suggestions for a stable team?

kithas

I recently started over Rejuvenation v13, and somehow haven't been able to maintain a balanced semi-stable team, being forced to train or even breed new mons for each big challenge. I realize this is somewhat inevitable, the game's difficult and all that, but I would like some advice in how to build a semi-stable team to go through the game. Specially now that I'm at the point I'm about to enter Mt Valor and the Geara/Zetta battle is around the corner... Thanks in advance, current level cap is just before Amber, so around lv 55.

Already trained pokémon (which I change constantly for each big battle lol)

Spoiler

Rillaboom (Grassy Surge): Knock Off, Drum Beating, Endeavor, Screech

Nidoking (Sheer Force): Earth Power, Rock Tomb, Surf, Poison Jab

Froslass (Cursed Body): Shadow Ball, Ice Shard, Thunder Wave, Blizzard

Mr. Mime (Filter); Wide Guard, Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, Teeter Dance

Fused Solrock (Solar Idol): Zen Headbutt, Cosmic Power, Psychic, Rock Slide

Houndoom (Early Bird): Flamethrower, Roar, Foul Play, Snarl

Beheeyem (Analytic): Recover, Psychic, Signal Beam, Charge Beam

Quagsire (Unaware): Muddy Water, Toxic, Earthquake, Recover

Pangoro (Scrappy): Body Slam, Hammer Arm, Bullet Punch, Night Slash

Somewhat trained (like candidates to be included):

Spoiler

Crobat: Cross Poison, Steel Wing, Brave Bird, Leech Life

Dusclops: Will-o-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Hex, Shadow Ball

Mawile: Iron Head, Fire Fang, Crunch, Feint Attack

Golurk: Heavy Slam, Stomp Tantrum, Mega Punch, Dynamic Punch

Togetic (in training, from the Mystery Egg)

I know I lack certain types and lean to others lol I tend to favor event or significant pokémon

Well togekiss and crobat are two really great picks, rillaboom has some utility and nidoking will become great once you gain access to the various tms. Froslass is a must have in this game, so these I would definitely keep. 

A nice steel type may help you, mawile kinda falls behind in my opinion, so maybe a bronzong or copperajah. A nice intimidate may be nice, you have mawile but you may also use an Arcanine, which may fill in both mawile's and houndoom's role. 

I see you lack a screen setter, prankster meowstic is super helpful, and we can say the same for electrode. You may also wanna try alolatales :)

Also, while in Valor Mt you should gain access to a certain key, which may let you get a mudkip: needless to say, swampert beats quagsire. Another nice water type is feraligatr, which has a great coverage. 

Lastly, clefable saved my ass many times, and an eeveelution may probably help too (you'll gain access to them soon) 

• Like 1

I noticed some of your team are mixed attackers. There isn't much wrong with that but at the same time you're not really getting the maximum capability out of some of your team (providing you EV train).

Maybe put sludge bomb on nidoking and make him a special attacker + timid/modest nature. Also destiny bond is good for froslass just to take down anything easily 1 for 1.

Also for the battle in question a prankster (male) Meowstic is great here. Set up light screen and reflect with light clay will give your team some much needed longevity.

I have a Froslass in the previous playthrough and also like to include Sheer Force Nidoking whenever possible (Life Orb is still far away but well). In regards to the Prankster Meowstic, I have the female Competitive version so I would have to breed another one from zero but having seen how it went my first try vs Geara and Zetta, yeah, I may as well do it. How could I get the maximum capability from what I already have? I agree that sometimes I feel they're not at their best so I would be interested in that lol

And I think Sludge Bomb isn't avaiable to me at this point yet.

Regenerator Tangrowth is always fun

it does have the mixed attacker problem though, but I went the special route and have Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb (I believe you'll get it soon enough, I'm not that much past you in the game right now and I have it), which is all you really need. I kept Knock Off on because Knock Off is never a bad option. Then the 4th slot you can run Stun Spore/Sleep Powder depending on how you play. 

of course this is kinda moot since you're not really touching Rillaboom, SORRY

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Juice said:

Regenerator Tangrowth is always fun

it does have the mixed attacker problem though, but I went the special route and have Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb (I believe you'll get it soon enough, I'm not that much past you in the game right now and I have it), which is all you really need. I kept Knock Off on because Knock Off is never a bad option. Then the 4th slot you can run Stun Spore/Sleep Powder depending on how you play. 

of course this is kinda moot since you're not really touching Rillaboom, SORRY

Yeah I was already eyeing a Regenerator Tangrowth as an alternative lol thanks

Well I already got past the Valor summit battle (thanks to Wide Guard by Mr. Mime and a lot of moves affecting both enemies lol) and now I'm up against Amber, but I'll look through the suggestions, thanks! 

21 hours ago, kithas said:

I have a Froslass in the previous playthrough and also like to include Sheer Force Nidoking whenever possible (Life Orb is still far away but well). In regards to the Prankster Meowstic, I have the female Competitive version so I would have to breed another one from zero but having seen how it went my first try vs Geara and Zetta, yeah, I may as well do it. How could I get the maximum capability from what I already have? I agree that sometimes I feel they're not at their best so I would be interested in that lol

And I think Sludge Bomb isn't avaiable to me at this point yet.

I think you can get sludge bomb when you get magma drift? In the first room of cratos mountain if you surf to the west on lava.

Also you can 'steal' life orb from opposing trainers to bring the best out of sheer force Nidoking. I'm not sure how you feel about doing that though.

I stole a few assault vests, eviolites and life orbs just to help me on my intense playthrough.

I'll have to train a Frisk pokémon to search for those held items lol... and I guess it won't be so easy as to use Thief, it can only be done with the Trick-Fling-Recycle combo?

1 hour ago, kithas said:

I'll have to train a Frisk pokémon to search for those held items lol... and I guess it won't be so easy as to use Thief, it can only be done with the Trick-Fling-Recycle combo?

Yeah, use thief, fling and recycle. You may need a few revives but it's a worthwhile trade off if you get a life orb or something in return.

Also, this guide is great for telling you what held items each pokemon is using if you need to target something specific (created for normal mode) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ll-Z57X6pSVSHpPzqGcDwZ0mv8OjUzkd?usp=sharing

Yeah I am having similar problems with Erick lol (except Wide Guard doesn't help anymore and Reflect only does so much), I'm not sure if I'm lacking anything or it's just the game's difficulty spike.