Darchlight Caves question for V13 (SPOILERS)

Hannelore

4 hours ago, Hannelore said:

I'm about to enter Darchlight Woods and I'm assuming there will still be a significant choice to make when I get to the caves like in the previous version. I was wondering if there has been an established 'good' choice? 

3 hours ago, Lspaceship said:
  Hide contents

I think the only 'good' choice is that if you rat out Flora, you don't tell Cassandra about what happened, as that leads to Florin's death?

Spoiler

The only wrong choice currently is going with Flora, ratting her out after you leave the caves AND then telling Cassandra (according to the V13 RP guide). If you do this Florin will die and you will get 20 points toward the bad ending. 

I also just checked this myself and yeah Florin is nowhere to be found after chapter 14, so I am pretty sure he is dead. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pizzagod13 said:

Hide contents

The only wrong choice currently is going with Flora, ratting her out after you leave the caves AND then telling Cassandra (according to the V13 RP guide). If you do this Florin will die and you will get 20 points toward the bad ending. 

I also just checked this myself and yeah Florin is nowhere to be found after chapter 14, so I am pretty sure he is dead. 

Spoiler

After ch15 I was exploring on a save from V12 where Florin lived and I joined Flora. I found Florin in GDC (I think near the entrance? I don't exactly remember where) and he talked to me about reforming Bladestar into a group for good. I'm not sure if this is the case for all outcomes, however.

• Thanks 1

As pointed out partnering with Flora, turning her in and telling Cassandra, which from what I've read results in a character death; Florin is the only path that is currently known to be added to the bad ending calc. 

Though going by YT partnering with Flora even without turning her in or telling Cassandra doesn't seem to be the best for your karma. I could be wrong on that but I remember watching someone who partnered with Flora but didn't turn her in and got the unsure assessments from Adrest and Celine ("their intentions are unclear" or something to that effect).  I can't remember their other choices however. 

42 minutes ago, Lspaceship said:
  Reveal hidden contents

After ch15 I was exploring on a save from V12 where Florin lived and I joined Flora. I found Florin in GDC (I think near the entrance? I don't exactly remember where) and he talked to me about reforming Bladestar into a group for good. I'm not sure if this is the case for all outcomes, however.

Spoiler

Interesting, I partnered with Erin and didn't either turn Flora in or tell Cassandra about the Bladestar base (though I feel let down and a little regretful of not turning her in after the explosion, I really thought she was going to be an ally) and now Florin is up for mayor of GDC. Which I am unsure I am comfortable with since he was a Cassandra supporter. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lspaceship said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

This happens as long as Florin lives. The only outcome that he dies in is the one I mentioned above (Go with Flora, Expose her upon leaving the caves, and then tell cassandra everything) 

• Thanks 1

Spoiler
7 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

....and now Florin is up for mayor of GDC. Which I am unsure I am comfortable with since he was a Cassandra supporter. 

But he didn't know about Cassandra being in Team Xen. I don't blame him, though. She had a nice facade.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SharlaSmith44 said:
  Hide contents

But he didn't know about Cassandra being in Team Xen. I don't blame him, though. She had a nice facade.

Spoiler

He still doesn't, no one does outside our group as that was not released as not to rouse the citizens and provoke Team Xen. The official report is that she was arrested for "possible connections to the black market and illegal activities."

I disagree that she had a nice facade.

If you talked to citizens of GDC a bunch of them will talk about how they're struggling and don't feel supported by her.

I remember getting particularly bad Cassandra vibes in the judicial district. One comment that stuck with me is one man in the judicial district who tells you about how Cassandra put up a bunch of non-functional buildings with no entryways even that are purely for aesthetics. That was one of the biggest red flags that told me not to tell her about Flora/Bladestar (and that part I still don't regret even though Flora let me down). 
There was also the not-so-missing mom in East Gearen who had to give free haircuts to children and the homeless because of Cassandra (BTW, the V13 outcome of that quest is an excellent improvement IMO). 

I'll grant that NO ONE could have ever guessed that she was Team Xen, even our group was shocked but she didn't make the best effort to disguise herself as a good mayor. 

56 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:
  Hide contents

He still doesn't, no one does outside our group as that was not released as not to rouse the citizens and provoke Team Xen. The official report is that she was arrested for "possible connections to the black market and illegal activities."

I disagree that she had a nice facade.

If you talked to citizens of GDC a bunch of them will talk about how they're struggling and don't feel supported by her.

I remember getting particularly bad Cassandra vibes in the judicial district. One comment that stuck with me is one man in the judicial district who tells you about how Cassandra put up a bunch of non-functional buildings with no entryways even that are purely for aesthetics. That was one of the biggest red flags that told me not to tell her about Flora/Bladestar (and that part I still don't regret even though Flora let me down). 
There was also the not-so-missing mom in East Gearen who had to give free haircuts to children and the homeless because of Cassandra (BTW, the V13 outcome of that quest is an excellent improvement IMO). 

I'll grant that NO ONE could have ever guessed that she was Team Xen, even our group was shocked but she didn't make the best effort to disguise herself as a good mayor. 

Spoiler

I mesnt she had a good facade to to Florin, but Flora clearly saw through it. The first time I played, I got those same vibes tbh