Help with souta(intense)

omegax1402

1 hour ago, Nave said:

trick room should do the trick i guess, be prepared however, since the ai are much smarter than the prev ver

i mean that requires me going back a lot for oranguru and id rather not do that, any other ideas?

Ironically, the thing Souta is weakest to is your own flying types. Thundurus-T is his only flying resist. Most of his flying types are not that fast, so getting up your own tailwind and spamming your own flying types is a pretty easy way to win vs him. The best flying types for the job are noivern and talonflame (although note that gale wings is bugged and is never active while on flying terrain). Getting up your own tailwind is pretty easy with just an elemental seed, also both noivern and talonflame learn tailwind via level up. Getting a graveler from darchlight and evolving it into golem is a pretty easy way to take on the thundurus. You can take a hit with sturdy and explode on it and do about 70-80%. At that point you can finish it with anything faster.

you can make a joke of this fight with a raichu (Lightning rod + encore + thunder + agility + HP ice/water)
I used a lead palossand (the rock one) to stall the tailwind of hawlucha and to put stealth rocks, then i hit once or twice the hawlucha to force a switch, then souta sends thundurus to hit me with a thunder, i switch to raichu and encore. i my experience souta keeps using thunder until i'm at +6 Sp. Atk and +6 speed.
You can get a pichu (high chance of 31 IVs) doing the first "fight me" quest