Thoughts on mc's (spoiler)

Rozetheeuwu

NOTE: I did NOT proof read this, I'll fix any spelling/grammar error later, maybe.

Thoughts on the part where we learn about the MC's past? I didn't want to put that in the title because of spoilers.

It was one of the most heart wrenching things I played. I only ever play as Axel so it might be different per character.

So summing up everything that happened (Note, I can't remember every detail I only played through it once):

Spoiler

We start of in a classroom with all the protags talking about having to leave and then Cresent coming inside and telling them they got to go that immediately. Then a book appears and it's Cresents diary, where she explains they (the protags, cresent and ana) were all part of the same classroom and that none of them had parents. She also notes that she was the only one who's name didn't start with an A.

Then we follow them and then we see the group getting attacked by a Nihilego(?). Axel's sister, Ariana gets grabbed by it and Axel sends out his Feraligatr in a attempt to save her (Quick side note, on that save file I had a Feraligatr as my starter (It's still on my team) and that made me cry harder then I already was), but it's useless and useless and gets turned into stone and the Nihilego(?) dissapears. Axel is clearly shocked and heartbroken but the others tell him that they have to move on. They leave and then Axel appears and says that although they bothered each other a lot that he loved Ariana, when he dissapears Cresent's diary appears again. She talks about Ariana, I can't really remember the details of this one that well but I think she said something along the lines of Ariana being sweet/kind, I'm also sure Cresent said although she found Ariana annoying at first she eventually enjoyed being around her.

Then the next scene happens and now Aevis is the one being attacked by the Nigilego. Aevia is trying to save him desperately, but he tells everyone to go on without him. he gets turned to stone and the scene ends, Axel appears and says that despite Axel being mischief that Aevis was still his best friend no matter what, Cresents diary appears again and she explains (I think) that Aevis was like the leader of the group. And I don't know if it was this one or in the one for Aevia it's mentioned that they were into each other/dating and that it grossed cresent out. (Axel doesn't appear for the others, I guess these two meant the most to him)

Then Aevia gets captured, she clearly hopeless after what happened to Aevis and gives up. I don't remember much about her diary entry other then the crush thing.

In the next scene it's Aero that gets captured, he pushed Alain aside when the Nihilego tried to grab her. He says how much she meant to him. He gets turned to stone and then the diary entry appears, he was shy I think, what I do 100% remember is him being the strongest trainer amongst their friends.

In the next scene Alain tries to fight the Nigilego and says she doesn't want to die over and over and then gets turned to stone. Cresent explains that a lot of people were scared of her. Alain was willing to throw hands for the people she cared about.

The next scene is Axel and cresent running outside and them being surrounded by nihilego. They end near a cliff and have nowhere to go. Axel sees something from where he's standing (Indacated for us by some sparkling star or something) and says something along the lines of "I guess studying paid off" and pushed Cresent of the cliff and then he gets turned to stone. (He said he didn't follow her because they'd just follow them down there)

Then we back to the school and go to the roof where we fight him.

I tried to summarize it best to my ability (and memory) If someone has all of Cresent's diary entry's (or just for Axel) that be cool.

Here's Axel's team btw (Well not all of it because I have garbage memory)

Spoiler

Feraligatr (crested)

Grimmsnarl (Mega)

Meowstic (Male)

Klefki

People who played with different Mc's, how different was it?

And what did ya'll think of this whole part? I was not emotionally prepared and cried the rest of the evening. And to find out how we became the Interceptor was also really cool! I felt really bad for Cresent also, I mean I still don't like her attitude, but I do feel bad for her.

I've played as Alain.

Spoiler

After protags' conversation in the classroom, she appears and is very displeased with us, saying that she thought that we had a deal. Even tough she then says that it's water under the bridge, she points out that she's still mad.

Then Crescent's diary appears, in which she writes that she came from Miera Region and is going to the Phoenix Academy in Spotlight City. All of the Academy's students don't have guardians or lost them due to the fallout in the Miera Region. In her class she has Aevis, Aevia, Ariana, Axel, Alain, Aero and Ana. They were all placed in the same class because their names start with the letter "A", because the Principal said that having something in common helps to get along. Crescent the writes that we don't need to worry about how she's gotten into that class. Also in the end of that diary entry it is implied that her parents are alive.

Then Ariana is captured by a Nihilego. Axel tries to free her by attacking it with his Feraligatr, but fails. Ariana says to forget about her and is turned into stone. Axel and Aevis are anguished and can't believe this, but Alain says that it's too late and that they have to go.

Alain appears again and says that they couldn't do anything for Ariana, once the Nihilego got her, it was over.

Crescent's diary appears again, where she writes that Ariana was the peppy girl who loved all things school spirit. At first she thought that yhey wouldn't get along, but came to like her because she was always nice to her and always was there when she needed help. Ariana and her brother Axel loved and hated each other in equal amount. They were always together and Crescent envied them. She says that she once had a brother too, Mün, but they weren't close.

Then Aevis gets captured and says that it's okay, that yhey should just leave him behind. Aevia refuses, but Axel says that even tough he knows her pain, they have to leave now. After asking Aevia not to look, Aevis gets turned to stone.

Alain appears and says that they were foolish to think that they were unstoppable and that it's because of their arrogance that they fell into this fate. She then turns to us and says: "You've been arrogant too, (PN). Far too arrogant." and disappears.

In the next entry of her diary Crescent writes that Aevis was the type of guy who dropped everything to help you out. Whenever she needed advice for something, he would always have an answer. He and Aevia got along very well, and that made her jealous, infuriatingly so. She couldn't take it anymore and wanted it to stop.

After Aevia got captured, Alain and Aero tried to help her, Alain saying that they won't let this happen again, and that they need to take this tentacles off, to which Aero said that he's trying, but this thing is way too strong. Aevia tells them that there's no point, they should just leave her here, that she doesn't care anymore. Crescent says that they won't leave her, but it's too late. Aevia is turned to stone and Alain is left speechless.

In her diary Crescent describes Aevia as quiet, reserved, and a bit of a genius, a master of pkaying the piano and baking. Though Aevia is insanely shy, and she often gets herself into rough situations with strangers because of it. After mentioning the accident with a tazer, Crescent concludes that Aevia has issues, but she's sweet and that she likes her a lot. 

Then Axel gets captured, to which he says in disbelief that this has got to be a joke, there's no way he got ambushed so easily. After trailing off, he says: "Damn... outmented by a stupid jellyfish. How embarrassing can it get..." and is turned into stone. 

If Crescent were to compare Axel to a pokemon, that would be an Impidimp. He is a chaos incarnate, a prankster that believes there are no limits to a joke. Aevia finds it hard to like him, but she still loves him like they all do. In an "Axel what the hell did you do this time" kind of way. He is very fond of his sister Ariana, and as a result she is often the victim of his pranks. Hopefully he doesn't take a prank too far, that will be his demise. A fitting death, though. 

Then when the Nihilego tries to grab Alain, Aero pushes her out of the way, after what she asks him why he did that, she didn't ask for him to sacrifice himself. After she asks why he always has to be so difficult he says that he couldn't let it get her too, that she always understood him more than anyone else and that he values their friendship to the highest degree. Before he is turned into stone, he says: "Thanks for making life worth living, Alain... It was fun", to which she says that she'll never forgive him. Then to Crescent she says that they're the last two, that they can make it, they just have to keep going.

In her diary Crescent writes that Aero is the silent and strong type, he was always popular in their school, much to his chagrin. He just wanted to live his life with his best friend Alain. He is also the strongest trainer among their group. If there was something they couldn't do in battle, he would pull it off. He was truly admirable.

Next we see Alain and Crescent on an edge of a crevice formed by an earthquake, having been chased to a dead end by the Nihilego. After realising that they couldn't get away, Alain tells Crescent that over these past couple of months they've gotten really close, and thanks her. After Creacent starts to question what Alain is going to do and trails off, Alain says that at this rate they both won't survive the storm. She thought that because of her circumstances she would always be alone, so she would be awful and push people away. At first, she pushed them away well, but for some reason they still stayed with her. She then thanks Crescent for believing in her and says that she is her best friend and that she loves her and asks her to let her repay her kindness. Crescent exclaims that she doesn't like this, to which Alain says: "Heh, who knows? Maybe we'll be friends again in the next life. But for now..." and pushes her away. "If that doesn't kill you, you'll make it. You should be fine... Crescent, please live on for all of us... And please forgive me."

After this we go to meet Alain on the rooftop, where she says: "Somehow seeing all this for a second time was far more painful. Although, all of that wasn't exactly how it went down... They did say that Nightmare Realms are constructed purely on data, so. I'm not surprised that it wasn't truly correct, but the end result is the same. 

Storm-9 truly was nothing short of a calamity. With the weather being strange weeks ago, we expected something. What we got... Was something else entirely. We didn't want to see it again. We didn't want to re-live it again... But you came here, woke me up, and let us relive hell once more. (PN), I despise you. You piss me off to the point where I can't stand it. Just who the hell do you think you are?!"

Then the location changes. Alain says: "Why does suffering never end? Even in times of happiness, despair is right there to rear its ugly head. We are tired. I will fight for our peace. I won't hold back and you shouldn't either."

After that the battle begins, she has an Araquanid, a Scrafty, a Haxorus, a shiny Pickachu named Tazer, a mega Kangaskhan and an Aggron.

After losing, she says: "Why can't you just... Let us sleep? Please..."

Then she says in disbelief: "No way... This can't be happening. I lost?! My resolve wasn't enough?! Not even in the depths of my own heart?! No... It's all just too painful..."

After we try to approach her, she shoves us away, telling us to get away, but we still get to her.

After our conversation, she says: "...We can't hide anymore, can we? This is our duty. No matter what... We understand, (PN). We understand. We're sorry."

Then we see the moment of Alain's awakening at the S.S. Oceana before the beginning of the game. Crescent is overjoyed and says that they can finally be together, but all that Alain can say is "...Why?"

To Crescent's reassurances Alain says: "Crescent?! Why in the f*ck did you bring me back to life?!"

After their argument, Alain has a headache and hears voices in her head, and goes to sleep after Crescent advises to do so.

Then, in her dream Alain meets Variya, who, after Alain asked who she is, asked her the same question in return and pointee out that she's not just Alain anymore, no, she's much more than that. After a conversation, they make a deal. Whether or not they choose to accept being the Interceptor, that is what they will be. However, Variya will call someone else for help, and they'll do their duties for them, while they will sleep deeply in the subconsious of this individual. They will be able to put their soul to rest. 

Honestly, while I didn't cry, I was close to it and felt very uncomfortable and guilty, like I was intruding on something and had no right to be here and face Alain after everything I made her experience once more.

• Like 1

i played as Aero,

Spoiler

Nothing in particular changed, only that the character you chose would survive until the end and some dialogue changes for Crescent and your character.

As for Aero, he said he will keep on "swinging" as in fight.

• Like 1