Favorite change to V12 content

Sketchy178

My favorite change so far was the timeline change of the whole Melia dying. I think that the story just flows better with battling Venam before Melia is chased. It is also much appreciated that they give you the options to travel with the other characters more often, it really saves a lot of back and forth traveling. What is your favorite change?

I've only hit kakori islands recently so I don't think I have a definitive favorite quite yet, but there have been changes I enjoyed and a couple that have fixed minor nitpicks of mine.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD: 
-Visually I really like what they did with Sheridan and Blacksteeple castle.  The later especially practically went through a complete overhaul in design and how it plays out and I enjoyed it.
- I like that we don't have to rely on Venam to get into Goldenleaf town.  I've said it before but I always felt that us needing her to do so was arbitrarily silly.  The way they set up the mansion story is much more likeable imo.
- Crawli now straight up tells you about the back door into valor mountain. 
-Dialogue throughout the game.  When they said they were fixing up the old as well as the new for this version they weren't joking, It's that moment where you feel you aren't just playing a definitive addition to a game they went and improved a lot.  Just to give 1 example we get to see discussion between xen admins more.
- regional forms  😮
- some of the character introductions.  Not only in how they are handled but now we get to see their awesome artwork!

I'm sure i'll come across more, like I said I only recently hit kakori town.

I know it wasn't specifically asked, but I feel I would be remiss if I also didn't share a couple of things I didn't like:

-The reward for the Battle Me! help quest in sheridan.  This is more of a minor personal preference but I didn't like the fact that we got clobbopus in exchange for Eevee.  At least with the later I can change it's type to suit my needs upon evolution, plus we can capture clobbopus as soon as kakori which isn't terribly far away and we get a shadow pokemon for it.  I'm sure there's a balance reason on why we don't get Eevee anymore, and I can hardly offer up a better suggestion when it comes to balance but I just personally don't like that it's clobbopus.

-The fact that you can't buy exp all right away with AP points.  The EV training cards I can understand but I just don't think there was anything game breaking to have exp all available right off the bat as long as you had 30 ap points to spend on it.

All in all though I can see why this version took 2 years to come out based on v 13 alone (still have 13.5 to look forward to!) the devs did great work on this one, great work.

• Like 2

While I've just gotten to the Kakori Village and am not sure about my absolute favorite, I've really enjoyed the plot and locations changes so far. I've especially liked seeing more of Team Xen admins interacting and our first meeting with them, courtesy of Gothitelle, is so damn epic! I also love the fact that Ren and Rorrim are less of self-absorbed jerks now, and Maria(nette)'s arc now makes much more sense and is overall cooler, loved the interview, especially how the MC smirked and introduced themselves using the nickname Maria(nette) gave them! This ain't a boring, silent protag no more!