How good is Gothita

RefGarnet

Very bad. Gothitelle has pretty average bulk as well as pretty average sp att, and its speed is low. It also doesnt even reach its final evolution until the late 40's. In all the major boss battles in rejuvenation (gym leaders, enemy team admins, etc) the opposing mons are so strong and fast that gothitelle will probably be lucky to even get a hit off. There is also nothing special about its typing, coverage moves, nor its abilities. 

Edited by 7ravens

That being said, if for whatever reason gothitelle is your favourite mon and you really want use it, I'd recommend you just go ahead and use it. In rejuvenation with the exp all you can have a large rotation of team members and there will be a couple fights where goth might be good. It might also just be a good psychic type for trick room teams.

• 1 year later...

Gothetelle is alongside Mega Gengar as one of the most feared trappers in the entire game. I guess most people just glance at pokemon stats and assume things based on that. Meganium and delibird are bad. Gothetelle is amazing. Gothetelle may not look good on paper due to it not having flashy big stats in offense, but many ou and uber pokemon quake in fear of it due to its ability to easy counter many powerful commonly used pokemon in every tier. The reason it is good is because it has the winning combination of having decent bulk, the ability shadow tag, moves like charm, calm mind, and confide that either lower the attack stats of other pokemon very quickly (which cannot be reset due to them being trapped with shadow tag) or buff your defenses, taunt, trick room, and immunity to stat effects due to rest. Most commonly Gothetelle is used in teams with alot of sweepers like mega raquaza as it can easily neutralize tanks like lugia or ferrothorn and give you a free turn for those sweepers to set up due to taunt and shadow tag forcing the the useless tank pokemon to use a weak attack on a sweeper instead of switching out to get rid of the taunt debuff. Alternatively it can stay in and pp stall all of the attack moves out of choice item users, tanks, and supports and force them to kill themselves with struggle very quickly due to taunt locking them out of their other moves and Gothetelle's natural bulk. The most common trapper set pretty much counters any pokemon that is not ghost type, a wall breaker, or a sweeper pokemon that does not have taunt or shed shell. The best comparison I can think of with this pokemon that it is similar to imposter ditto but it counters choice item users, tanks, and supports instead of sweepers and wall breakers like ditto does. If you are not prepared for this pokemon in competitive play it can easily kill all of your tanks and support pokemon with little to no difficulty whatsoever and help set up for sweepers that can decimate the rest of your team.

Edit :I forgot to mention that it also learns cosmic power, foul play, and stored power if you have the uranium mod or another mod that adds gen 8 tms as well. Also, I didn't realize that shadow tag gothetelle actually got banned to uber tier. Which makes sense because of how good it was. It is fairly commonly used in ubers.

Edited by Ultimas Prime
  • Upvote 1