What did the story do RIGHT? (Characters)

Tabletpillowlamp

Rejuvenation / Reborn gets their infamity in their writing, but it still didn't stop them from from being popular. While a lot of their praise comes from the gameplay, I find it interesting that Rejuv in particular gets a considerable amount of attention to its story, (more specifically its characters.) While there's a lot of critics for this game's writing, there seems to be also a lot of attachments to several characters (Melia, Ren, and Aelita) And for a game that is mainly comprised of the narrative, the fact that many people stuck with the whole thing tells me there's some good parts to the story. I haven't gotten far into the game, I do find a lot of characters endearing (mostly because of their designs), so I'm wondering what else do you guys think makes the story in Rejuv worth reading through.

The characters were massively improved in V13. The plot still continues to be problematic, but the characters are much more memorable and relatable now in my opinion. The only problem I have with them now is that there are too many (which makes them lose their uniqueness).