Not sure if this is a bug or not

Fiasom

When I use an ability capsule on my Overgrow Thwackey it shuffles its ability to .... Overgrow. I've used the item on other mons, and it seems to work fine, and I know you can get Grassy Surge in Grookey as I saw quite a few while soft resetting for one with decent IVs. Is this because the Grookey family's abilitys are 1) Overgrow, 2) Overgrow, and 3) Grassy Surge, so when I shuffle it goes from ability 1 to ability 2, both being Overgrow? I can't see why that should be the case because many mons have only 2 or 1 abilities, and you don't really need to name a second ability in between the first and the hidden. If that is the case I just need to waste an ability capsule to bad luck, and wait till a second becomes available. (Can anyone tell me where the second earliest ability capsule is available pls?)

Alternatively, it might be that Ability Capsules don't shuffle to hidden abilities as in the canon games. In which case I'm early enough in the game that I'll restart and ensure that I start with a Grassy Surge Grookey - but that doesn't make sense either because the item shuffles Pachirisu from Pickup to Volt Absorb. Does this apply only to starters or something? (That would upset me.)

On that account, is possible to somehow access the PBS folders? I'm trying to find out info about the new mons - gen 8 mon locations and Rejuv regional variant learn sets, stats etc. (I started looking for the PBS folders to check whether my above hunch about Thwackey's abilities are correct, but) I haven't yet seen a (comprehensive) guide for either the new mons or Pokémon locations online. If you know of one such guide, please drop a link.

(I know the PBS folders are locked away for the good reason that folks don't end up breaking their own game accidentally, but I think I should know how to be safe, given that I've dabbled with making my own fan game on RPGMX and know what not to change - golden rule being don't touch anything.)

2 minutes ago, Fiasom said:

When I use an ability capsule on my Overgrow Thwackey it shuffles its ability to .... Overgrow. I've used the item on other mons, and it seems to work fine, and I know you can get Grassy Surge in Grookey as I saw quite a few while soft resetting for one with decent IVs. Is this because the Grookey family's abilitys are 1) Overgrow, 2) Overgrow, and 3) Grassy Surge, so when I shuffle it goes from ability 1 to ability 2, both being Overgrow? I can't see why that should be the case because many mons have only 2 or 1 abilities, and you don't really need to name a second ability in between the first and the hidden. If that is the case I just need to waste an ability capsule to bad luck, and wait till a second becomes available. (Can anyone tell me where the second earliest ability capsule is available pls?)

Alternatively, it might be that Ability Capsules don't shuffle to hidden abilities as in the canon games. In which case I'm early enough in the game that I'll restart and ensure that I start with a Grassy Surge Grookey - but that doesn't make sense either because the item shuffles Pachirisu from Pickup to Volt Absorb. Does this apply only to starters or something? (That would upset me.)

On that account, is possible to somehow access the PBS folders? I'm trying to find out info about the new mons - gen 8 mon locations and Rejuv regional variant learn sets, stats etc. (I started looking for the PBS folders to check whether my above hunch about Thwackey's abilities are correct, but) I haven't yet seen a (comprehensive) guide for either the new mons or Pokémon locations online. If you know of one such guide, please drop a link.

(I know the PBS locked away for the good reason that folks don't end up breaking their own game accidentally, but I think I should know how to be safe, given that I've dabbled with making my own fan game on RPGMX and know what not to change - golden rule being don't touch anything.)

I am fairly certain it does shift to hidden abilities in this game but it has been a while, so seems like a bug. Maybe just reset for one with grass surge?

• Global Mods

The Gen8 starter abilities are a bit bugged at the moment; you can get one already having the HA on it upon receiving, but ability capsules do not work to shift particularly their abilities at the moment.

Looks like a new game then... Sad thing that rejuv delivers these blows after so much effort is put into it. Glad that I've played only a few hours so far. Otherwise I'd've dropped it probably. Especially now that I'm reading some other discussions around the forum.