Toilet Paper, Apartment Key and Book

Artist354

So I'm at the part in Kugearen where you eavesdrop on Gardevoir and the officers, and now that it's been changed to battle her and she knocks you out, you aren't there for the events that follow at the mansion, so you don't get the toilet paper. And since you need the toilet paper to get the black sludge, does this black sludge become unobtainable? And assuming you go back to the mansion but not confront Gardevoir (Assuming that's an option), does the apartment key become unobtainable? On a different note, the layout of the apartment was changed (Cool change, way more unsettling), but now the book that used to be there that you could interact with that would cause Madame X to appear has been removed? Anyone know anything about that? 

2 hours ago, Artist354 said:

So I'm at the part in Kugearen where you eavesdrop on Gardevoir and the officers, and now that it's been changed to battle her and she knocks you out, you aren't there for the events that follow at the mansion, so you don't get the toilet paper. And since you need the toilet paper to get the black sludge, does this black sludge become unobtainable? And assuming you go back to the mansion but not confront Gardevoir (Assuming that's an option), does the apartment key become unobtainable? On a different note, the layout of the apartment was changed (Cool change, way more unsettling), but now the book that used to be there that you could interact with that would cause Madame X to appear has been removed? Anyone know anything about that? 

You have to confront Gardevoir; if you go back to the mansion without witnessing the police cutscene no one will be there and the storyline won't progress. I also haven't found the toilet paper, so it looks like the black sludge was pushed back or entirely removed because of balance issues. The only interactable book in the apartment is the weird diary; looks like the other book was removed. 

5 hours ago, Artist354 said:

In V12, the Toilet Paper was given to you by Venam in the storyline events, so I don't know if you can still obtain it. I'm not there, yet.

6 hours ago, Artist354 said:

Black Sludge can be obtained via Croagunks in Sheridan Wetlands. Im fighting Crawli right now and I have one of those.

12 hours ago, Nocturne93 said:

You have to confront Gardevoir; if you go back to the mansion without witnessing the police cutscene no one will be there and the storyline won't progress. I also haven't found the toilet paper, so it looks like the black sludge was pushed back or entirely removed because of balance issues. The only interactable book in the apartment is the weird diary; looks like the other book was removed. 

Yeah I kinda figured you had to, considering it was a boss, just thought there could've been a small possibility that you didn't have to. I'm still kinda intrigued as to why the other book got removed, but I guess in the end it was nothing more than a neat little event anyways. 

9 hours ago, Vivi_Hallow said:

Black Sludge can be obtained via Croagunks in Sheridan Wetlands. Im fighting Crawli right now and I have one of those.

That's actually really nice to know. Thank you for the info!