Chapter 5 Deathwing Fight - Is It Possible?

VoidlitAudino

So, uh, I just reached Akuwa Town, and then immediately closed my game after a Deathwing sent out a level 72 Scizor against me. I'm curious to know if it's even possible to beat this fight - I'd certainly like to try, but unlike, say, Solaris or Madame X, this one doesn't to have a clear way to cheese the fight. I was considering using Prankster Volbeat and/or Illumise to get off some status effects or evasion buffs, but he'll probably just outspeed me with Bullet Punch. Swablu with Perish Song is avaliable at this point, but I don't think Quick Claw or Focus Sash are available yet, so I probably wouldn't be able to get it off. And even if I figure out a way past the Scizor, he still has two other Pokemon that are presumably also in their 70s. Has anyone else managed to beat this fight, and if so, what did you do?

On intense I used

Sawk with sturdy and counter for scizor

Donphan with sturdy. Use endeavor + ice shard (must breed for these moves) for the second mon

male meowstic or a volbeat with prankster and lagging tail (wild lickitung hold this.) Tutor it the move Trick from goldenleaf town

phantump with destiny bond

Done.

Alternatively if you don't care about using duplicate pokemon, just use x2 dophan with the combo above and sawk to kill scizor

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Savs said:

Dophan with sturdy. Use endeavor + ice shard (must breed for these moves) for the second mon

male meowstic or a volbeat with prankster and lagging tail (wild lickitung hold this.) Tutor it the move Trick from goldenleaf town

Sounds like it'd work! Thank you so much!

On 7/20/2021 at 7:21 AM, Savs said:

On intense I used

Donphan with sturdy. Use endeavor + ice shard (must breed for these moves) for the second mon

Done.

Alternatively if you don't care about using duplicate pokemon, just use x2 dophan with the combo above and sawk to kill scizor

you're a legend

• 2 weeks later...