Pokemon: Aftermath. Prologue (CLEAR)

Code: PIRULUK

Squad 2

"Hmmm, very well......" said Lupus "as long as you don't ask where it came from I am fine with that". "I really don't want to, but this could be a detriment to our mission if I don't." Lupus thought to himself. He removed the thick sunglasses from his face, revealing his scar. His right eye, a dazzling electric Blue......it looked as if it crackled with energy. His Left, fogged over, white, dead lifeless. A huge scar ran from about his eyebrow, down to right above level with his nose. It was ugly dead scar tissue, that glistened oddly as scar tissue does. "I am blind in my left eye, It is not something I wished to hide, but I didn't want questions as too why I am here. You know as well as me, we were all picked for a reason." Lupus said rather firmly. "Now....." he said as he put his shades back on "I assume you are satisfied, Mister Josh?

Edited by Hukuna

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squad 2

"Yeah fine by me I just like to know about all the pieces on the board so to say. I know it may of seemed a bit harsh but this way working together will go much more smoothly since i now know to watch that left side of yours. Anyway like i said drop the mister stuff I am just Josh." Josh said with a faint smile returning to his face. "If you have anything you wish to ask me feel free I don't like to hid to much from y'all if we are going to be working together. Just make sure its not to personal. Though that's kind of a mote point since i asked you something that you considered personal." He says well leaning back onto the wall.

Edited by rustytengo

Squad 2

Aeon could hear the two talking to each other. "So they merely cast me off as some boastful idiot and will ignore me. Fine, I see how it is. But when it comes down to it, we are animals that thrive to survive. And we must form relationships with each other so at least one member can survive. That is a Rule of Nature." He looked over at the Lupis and Josh, and saw something fascinating and immediately walked up to them. "Incredible, you seem to have removed an emotional limitation." Lupus barked at Aeon. "Why is it that you try to antagonize me when I say something of sincere intentions. You have proven your personal strength, your soul's inner shine." Aeon then stared out. "Each of us carry the potential to be powerful, whether we are prey, predators, or decomposers. Before that point though, we must release the inhibitors that bind us to ugliness. Our mental, physical, and emotional limitations." A smile crept across his face. "Lupis..you have learned to adapt to your injuries, and have started to show trust in Josh, two limits broken. You have shown me hope needed for the success for this team. I bid you luck on our missions." But before leaving Aeon said one last thing. "Oh, and if you think I didn't have the power to kill all of those members, I'll tell you this." He rolled up his sleeves to uncover scars, many of them. "A person's true power, true self, can be unlocked once they meet face-to-face with Death."

" Indeed, Aeon." said Lupus " I completely agree with that." "I fear I might have been much to quick to judge, do forgive me, it is a bad habit of mine." " He has more to him than meets the eye I see" thought Lupus to himself. "I have meet him a few times myself, though I doubt to the degree you have." "I think our Crimson-clad friend here will be an interesting member indeed". "Mind If we start again, Mister Aeon?" Said Lupus as he held out his hand for a handshake, with the man he now had an odd respect for.

Kael glanced emotionlessly at Lupus' scarred, blind eye; he knew how the guy must feel. He must feel as though others might perceive him as dead weight if they knew he was partially blind, hence the sunglasses. Placing his good hand on Lupus' shoulder, Kael smiled sadly at his friend. "Hey, don't worry about it. I won't see you as any less of a trainer, so long as you don't think any less of me for my own shortcomings." he said comfortingly before glancing around at his teammates. He supposed it wasn't worth hiding any longer, now that Zeke had shown his weakness.

Holding up his left arm before the small group, Kael started to work his thick, black rubber/latex gloves off of his sharp, metallic fingers, slowly revealing his android-like arm and hand. "I have to wear these gloves to prevent Kaine's electricity from short circuiting my arm." he said as he managed to peel the glove off and pulled up his sleeve, exposing the whirring machinery beneath his clothes that ran all the way up to his shoulder. "I lost my arm in a motorcycle accident when I hit the pavement, the heat and pressure mixed with skidding on the pavement against this arm caused it to be ripped from the joint. If it weren't for modern medicine and technology, I would've bled out on the side of the road." Kael explained as he slowly flexed his mechanized joints, flashing a weak smile over at Lupus before sliding his sleeve down and putting the black latex glove back on, "So are we cool?"

robo_arm.jpgRobotArm01.jpgsomething like one of these, with sharper fingertips.

Edited by Skullkin

" Indeed, Aeon." said Lupus " I completely agree with that." "I fear I might have been much to quick to judge, do forgive me, it is a bad habit of mine." " He has more to him than meets the eye I see" thought Lupus to himself. "I have meet him a few times myself, though I doubt to the degree you have." "I think our Crimson-clad friend here will be an interesting member indeed". "Mind If we start again, Mister Aeon?" Said Lupus as he held out his hand for a handshake, with the man he now had an odd respect for.

"Thank you..and if I could, I'd ask if you refrain to give me any sort of respect befitting of a gentleman of sorts. Not only are we comrades in arms, but also remember that I am a cold-blooded murderer. We all are, in fact, but I've gone deep inside its contents." Then, out of nowhere Kale had appeared, brandishing a mechanical arm. "I see, you too. I feel refreshed. When I first came to this place, I had believed that this will be another anti-Dawnism organization destined to fall. But now, I feel as if we can put dents into them."

"Hmm.. well it looks like I am the outlier in this group.But then again the non-unique person in a group of unique people is the one who stands out I would guess."Josh said with a chuckle."I guess it would be true Aeon we all are murders here even if one only caused the death of people and never did kill themselves." Josh said sounding a bit mad at himself. "Well hopefully your right and we can seceded in finally taking Dawn down and make the world how it once was." He said as he closed his eyes thinking that this group might actually not have much problems as he originally thought it might. "Aeon might not actually be that bad of person as long as he knows not to kill unless it is an imperative or there is no other way." Josh thought to himself.

Edited by rustytengo

SQUAD 2

Odin walked up to her squad members, Aruma, Jory and Color. Color seemed to be absolutely pissed.

"What's wrong, Color? We need to keep calm, but something has upset you." Odin said softly. "We also need to move - we're in squad one and it's been thirteen minutes. We need to leave in two minutes, so please, let it go. Otherwise, it will hinder our progress." Her Mismagius floated beside her, eyeing the other Pokémon. She hovered down cautiously before letting out a friendly "Mis~."

Odin pulled out a map and looked at it intently. "It seems our best route would be to enter from the right. If I'm not mistaken, we'll be able to enter from there and go straight ahead to reach our rendezvous point. We'll have to act natural.. and if any wild Pokémon get in our way, we defeat them as quietly as we can." Odin packed the map away, turned round and started to walk. Turning round, she said: "Are you guys coming or what?"

Edited by Alatreon

Color just nodded her head, becoming dangerously silent once again. Anger, anger was the first response to everything now. Angry with the fact that she had to be here. Angry that she wasn't home with her family. Angry, that she didn't have her Quilava to hold on tight or her Venusaur to cuddle up with or stroke her fingers along his dastardly, sadistic smile. They were gone, it was gone, everything was gone. Now all there was left her sanity, her intelligence and her emotions to continue to thrive in hellhole that was called the world. She glanced briefly at the single gold bracelet around her wrist, each charm nothing more than the simple reminder of the life she once had, Before all hell broke lose, before everyone started to lose their minds and induce killing as a normal activity and the mindless lies that were spout of the Church members mouths.

Anger. Ugly, raw, unbridled anger.

Color complied quietly, following Odin out the door, faintly remembering that they were first to leave for the mission. Outside. Her home, her sanctuary, where Pokemon were still somehow able to thrive. Which was good, very good indeed. The empty Love Balls that she kept clipped to her belt loops, she would make sure that she would grab as many Pokemon as she could, no matter if Dawn forbade against it. Pokemon were power, and that was something Color lusted for. Power, something to take away all the suffocated rage that she held inside of herself. All the bitterness, loneliness, and hatred she had against Dawn, her minions, and everyone else who were too blind to see her lies, Pokemon were the escape. Her escape, everyone's escape. And she will be damned before she would allow the memory of her previous team be buried under trash and slime. They would live on, and Color would make it her mission to capture a full team a six.Train them, help them grow, help them take back the home they once had.

She smirked at this, a smirk so small that those who could see past her curtain of hair could see it. Wild and unbridled, just like her.

"Alright damnit." she spoke finally, regaining composure just enough so a cocky grin tugged at the corner of her lips once more. "Let's hurry up this thing."

Aruma had been silently following all the developments of the conersation after the mission briefing. She was disappointed that she wasn't in the same team with Kael and Lupus, but mostly she was worried: the reason why she had not interacted with her mates yet was that she was desperately trying to come up with a strategy, a way of getting the team to work as a unit.

But no matter how desperately she tried, she couldn't see a solution.

So, let me get this straight: people-wise, we have a guy and a girl who cannot stand each other, a master of stealth (that would be me) and... I am afraid I haven't understood you that much yet, Odin. Pokemon-wise, we have a Zangoose, a Leafeon and a Mismagius. In a sandstorm.

She grabbed the ball in which Fluffy rested, and sighed while shaking her head.

Sweet tap-dancing Arceus, this is going to be hard...

Squad 2

"Indeed Aeon, I understand what you say." Lupus replied to Aeon after shaking the man's hand and listening to his response. After this Kael showed the squad his mechanical arm. Lupus was not put off by it in the slightest, he enjoyed technology. He was an amazing computer whiz, and had somewhat of a base understanding of machines, including their binary language. He admired the craftsmanship of the arm for a second, noticing how well made it was, how it was built to last and was a marvel of medical technology. For second he thought to himself he wished something similar could have been done for his sister, however there really is no medical treatment for arriving dead to the hospital. ((Just to avoid confusion, this is his younger sister, he hasn't mentioned her yet))

"Indeed Kael, we are cool. I may not have lost a limb, but I understand the pain of losing part of oneself. I am glad I sort of inspired to you to tell us of this." Lupus said in a warm voice for the first time this evening. "I will think no less of you as well, since meeting death as at least 3 of us have, is definitely a strengthening experience ."

"and Josh... "said Lupus after a short pause "I am sure there is something special about you as well, otherwise I highly doubt you would be here amongst us."

Edited by Hukuna

Squad 3

I had been sitting in that corner for a while, still wondering if these people could be trusted. Some of them were killers, others were completely full of themselves. That type of thing annoys the hell out of me, then again, I'm glad my team is comprised of people who seem more sane than the rest of these people.

That Gardevoir...

Why hadn't I noticed it before? I guess I, too, was full of myself trying to pick a fight with that Color girl.

Anyway, I hadn't seen a pokemon in that evolutionary family since my love's Gallade. Those times-

They were such simple, beautiful times.

Her hair, her smile, our...Daughter

This wasn't the time to think about her, to dwell on my previous mistakes. I was going to get her back. Even if it killed me.

Well, I see that everyone is gathering, yet I'm still being the "Loner." I should get to know my team a little bit more.

"Whats going on, as you guys know my name is Bereft and this is Pearl." I picked Pearl up as she yawned softly. I stared at her bruises and cuts, still wondering if I should open up to these people, tell them what happened. I'm sure they wouldn't care. Who would? "That is a powerful looking Drapion you've got. That thing is gonna eat Gardenia alive. And that Gardevoir, sheer psychic power!" I smiled, trying to seem friendly. I couldn't stop thinking about my past, however. I was eager to say something, but I didn't want to just bring it up and have them think I was some softy who loved expressing his feelings. Yet, they probably think I am some loose cannon because of the "Color" incident. "That tough guy act back there, just overlook that. Just because I'm strong doesn't mean I am violent." I pulled out my wallet and a picture of my Love and my daughter. "They're beautiful, aren't they?" Pearl yelped in approval. "I hope I can be reunited with them, I hope that they're alive" I put my fist out, gesturing a friendly pound,"and I hope you guys can help me."

Squad 1

Jory laughed as Color began to storm toward the door, slowly shaking his head. This is gonna be a blast, he thought to himself as he turned around and turned to Shredder for a fist bump. However, instead of that all he saw was Shredder going googly-eyed over the acrobat's Leafeon. "Shredder!" Jory shouted in surprise. The Zangoose blushed and quickly shook his head, looking up at Jory and shrugging.

"Zan~"

"I know she's pretty, but you can't get distracted by that. She's vicious, man."

"Zan-goose!" the Pokemon said sadly, nodding in agreement. Jory and Shredder turned to the other three, watching as they stepped out the door.

"I suppose we should follow them," was all Jory could say to Shredder as the two followed Odin out of the room.

Huh, why is his fist out? No wait, I've seen this before. I think I have to put my fist out too. So putting her fist out to meet Bereft and (i'm just gonna assume) Daniel's fist as well, she began to speak to them both.

"Well then, might as well introduce myself again. I'm Rin, and Furcht my Drapion. We've been through a lot together for a long time, and I pretty much consider Furcht my only family." Realizing what she just said she began to explain the whole "only family" deal.

"If you're wondering why Furcht is my only family, well, consider it the reason I'm against the Goddess. My first family were all just in so much of that stupid donkey bullshit and I was the only reasonable one that actually didn't want to be involved in the Church of bullshit power. So with that I was shun by the town I was in until one night I decided to kill my own brother, or at least attempt it, after which I left home and try and survive on my own, well until I met Furcht when she was still a little skorupi. Anyways I somehow survived, and now I'm here, ready to take down the bitch."

She then looked at Bereft. "As for your family well, they don't seem to be the bullshit my first family was, so maybe after the fall of the church or Goddess, we can help you." If you or they survive that long that is She thought.

Squad 3

"If you reintroduce yourself I will follow your suite then." I stated with a hint of determination in my voice, "I'm Daniel Lemmel, and this Lenna, my Gardevior. She is the one of the only two links to my family."

I turn to Bereft "You are the only one who has a Psychic and has suffer in the past via the Church of Dawn, whom is a power-obssesed bitch. Pardon my language, I usually do not swear."

"I am prepared to assist this group to our best ablities."

Squad 2

Lupus waits for awhile after squad 1 has left. He thinks of the times before he tried to join up with Team Dusk...but he keeps his mind from wondering to one particular day, the one on which he received the blind eye he had now, the mark of his failure that day. Ironically, it was that day that set off the events that led to him being here, with Lobo at his side. He thought of her.....before what happened....little Susan. Lupus missed her a lot. I'll make up for what happened to you he thought.

After sometime Lupus spoke to his squad members. "It is about time for us to depart. I suggest we get moving." he said rather abruptly. "We have a bit of ground to cover, so best we get moving now." "I don't foresee us having many problems, if we stick to the plan" He says looking at no-one in particular. Lupus put Lobo back in his ball (he was a tad reluctant, since he wanted to stay with Kaine, but he went peacefully). "Just to make sure he doesn't do something stupid or rash, he is a bit prone to that sometimes," Lupus said, as he started for the door.

Squad 2

"I agree, as long as we stick to the plan every thing should go smoothly. Then again the word should does not always me it will. So its probably best for us to stick to it until something forces us to change it."Josh said well returning Bruiser back to his ball. "Hopefully I won't have to get to serious before we have to face Gardenia that may cause some problems if I do even against her as well. Though if i do get serious hopefully she will still be alive after it. After all she may be of a use to us in information if nothing else." Josh thought with a small smile on his face as he followed Lupus out the door.

Edited by rustytengo

Squad 2

Aeon was deep in thought. ("Hmm..Perhaps we do have an advantage over the others. Scizor, Houndoom, and Venusaur. Bug, Fire, and Poison respectively. And if all possibility, Luxray could have Ice Fang. In terms of typing, we have the overall advantage over the wench. Even if the others fail, a group has to succeed in defeating Gardenia. We are the ones who might defeat her. And in that case, Team Dusk's Eternia Squad 2 will get the most favorable results. However..what are we going to face? Tales of Gardenia says that Roserade was her champion. Loathe of me to say this, I could have a disadvantage with the presence of Sleep Powder, HP Fire, if she is that patient to get said move, or Sunny Day/Weather Ball..but then there is Roserade's frailty to count. Bullet Punch is able to take it out if it is Swords Dance boosted. But what about..") Then he heard his comrades. "I'm coming!" Aeon had rushed to his squad. Squad 1 was leaving, and us to follow soon. "I am sure that we can succeed, after all, what is more beautiful than a Sedona wild flower?" Then Aeon had remembered one thing, something VERY important. "Oh how could I have forgotten. Bad, Bad, Al..I mean, Aeon." The others looked at Aeon with peculiar faces. "Ahem..anyways, to my question. What of the Church Headmistress or what have you? The potential ground or fire type can really hurt our synergy. And it might be one on one, so we could have a disadvantage in that. Unless..there is some sort of covenant mascot Pokemon all of them are forced to use, such as Slowking or Hippowdon?"

"C'mere Leafeon, the Church members are coming," Color mumbled as she held her arms outstretched towards her companion. She needed the warmth anyways, every time Color tend to walk these aimless streets there always was a faint, cold chill in the air. Maybe it was just her and her imagination, but anything that corresponded with the Church, anything was possible. Anything.

Leafeon released a small, curt bark, following her trainer's lead and hopping into her arms. She sighed wistfully, rubbing her warm pelt up against the caramel flesh and letting her leafy tail flutter between nervous thighs. If it was one thing that Color learned, while under the watchful eye of Dawn and her Church was keeping the facade that you were weak trainer. Nobody would truly pick on you, if you were deemed unworthy in their eyes. It also kept you away from any suspicion of Dawn and her subordinates. There was never enough power that she could not obtain. If you could become a greater asset to her cause, Dawn would make sure that you were under her tyrannical clutches with the whispered promises of power, followed along with blind obedience to her and her alone.

Oh but the itch of battle within Color's blood was great, so very great indeed. How she wished it was like the old times, were trainers thrived at every corner that you stepped. Child after child, dream after dream, feeling their endless ambitions and boundless goals. The heat of battle, the euphoria of battle commands, the beating hearts of humans and Pokemon combining as one as they fought with every ounce of strength that they had. It tore at Color, mocked Color, forced her back into the bitter reality of mindlessness and struggle. Trainers were only out for wins...or blood. They just wanted to prove their worth to the world. There was no more studying about Pokemon and the mythology behind these fascinating creatures, there were no more times were Pokemon scrit-scratched at your door will you eventually take them in as a household pets. They were tools, vicious, bloodthirsty tools now. It made Color angry, fight back scalding hot tears as she glanced at stray people walking by with their heads down and their hands stuffed in their pockets, only taking minor glances just to see where they were going.

"I hate it out here." Color finally whispered to Leafeon, clutching her tighter to her chest as the grass eveelution looked up at her with sympathetic eyes, already guessing how lonely her trainer was truly feeling every time she entered these lifeless streets. She quickly broke contact, her chocolate brown eyes refocusing back in her front of her to follow her teammate. She seemed to know where she was going, so there was no point of Color protesting. Secretly, she just hoped the others were close behind, so that they can meet up with Lucas as quickly as possibly.

Squat 3

Seeing as to how squad two was leaving Rin then thinks to herself So we got like 20 minutes, what the shit should I do? So both the guys I'm with is doing this for their families I guess, no wait, Bereft is, but all Daniel talked about was how his Gardevoir was one of two links to his family. So what's up, is his family his explanation here or... why is he even here?

Turning towards Daniel she made little signals that Furcht seemed familiar with and Furcht began to walk around the room as Rin began to talk to Daniel. "So you talk about your family and how Lenna was it, is one of two links to your family. But why are you here, did the bitch take your family too or is it for another reason?" By the end of that sentence Furcht had her claws ready to strike Daniel and Lenna from behind. "Feel free to answer whether or not you want to, as long as I get the big picture I won't care all that much for small details. But the consequences for not answering my question will be me leaving my guard up and then at any given moment where I feel as if you would turn on us or you look like you are, lets just say it won't end pretty for you. I'd also suggest you don't lie ether. If I were to find the real truth, depending on what it is, my trust in you will die completely or Furcht will just finish you off."

But at that moment she also thought Thinking about it, where did Bereft go off to I wonder. Better ask away. She then turned her attention towards Bereft as Furcht from the back raised her tail towards Bereft as Rin nodded and asked Bereft, "Now I have a question for you Bereft, where is your family, or at least where was the last place you know about their whereabouts. And as I said to Daniel the same applies to you." She then turn her attention towards both of them saying, "Don't think of me as a bad guy, this is just how I live. Besides, I spilled all my beans, so why don't you too," she ended with a cute smile.

(ooc i feel dumb for doing this)

Squad II

Kael left the group briefly to grab his bag from the entryway to the room; a carrying case for his guitar that also contained compartments for TMs and berries and other things that would be useful to a pokemon trainer. After lifting the carrying strap over his head and fitting the bag into place, the trainer turned to his luxray, "Kaine, return," he ordered calmly. Kaine turned into a black and purple energy before being beamed back into her dusk ball to be safe for the journey. Kael rejoined the group just as they were about to leave, and ventured out into Sinnoh on their way to Eterna City.

((There. I cooked something up. x3 ))

Edited by Skullkin

Squad 3

"Dawn the Goddess of stupidness, took away, as in death, my family for rebelling against her very state of being even though some how she did notice me and Lenna whom was a Ralts, thaI received from my mother at the time, that I received from my mother. The other link I this bracelet," I pulled back my sleeve to show Rin and Bereft that link, "I obtianed from my grandmother just before she passed away in to the after life. That about sums it up."

Squad 3

I looked down at Pearl and she looked back at me. She was the only one who was there with me when it all happened. It was the day that she got those scars...

"My Lady, mother of my child, Solara; she was a beautiful woman and an exceptional trainer. Her Gallade was an incredibly strong fighter, Pearl and I never won a battle against him and her. It's strength combined with her knowledge was an unrivaled combination. I didn't believe there was anyone who could best them.

Until, until Dawn showed up.

It was about a year ago-

On the day that my daughter was born.

Diamond. I always thought it was a beautiful name." My eyes began to gloss over, but I couldn't cry.

"Dawn came for her. Alone. I thought she was crazy and I wished to take her on myself, but Solara was so confident in her abilities. As was I. We called our pokemon from their capsules and Dawn chuckled in amusement. Solara, however, wasn't amused. It was then that she showed a purple pokeball I had never seen, within, Arceus."

Pearl cringed at the mention of the name.

"Judgement. That attack lay waste to Gallade and the area around us. Solara became motionless. I had never seen such raw power and ruthlessness. It was then that Pearl and I retaliated, but we were no match alone." I stared at Pearl's many scars.

"Judgement, she called once more, but this time aimed at Solara and I. After, I came to in a dying field alongside Pearl. She took so much from me that day and I-I was powerless to stop her." I clutched my fist.

"I know they are alive. I just know." Pearl sensed my emotion and yelled.

"As for Dawn, I will rip her apart with my own hands...PIECE BY PIECE!" I felt a rush of anger, but now wasn't the time to unleash it. I'll save it for Gardenia. She'll be the first...

Squat 3

As she called Furcht down she told both, "Fine, those are good enough answers. I hope for your sakes that they were the truth." She thought to herself Both stories seem legit. Daniel showed his second link and said what happened, which is good enough to earn a portion of my trust. And Bereft seems to be on the brink of crying. Either he's a really good actor or he's telling the truth, might as well stick with the truth option. She then looked noticed the time that flew by and knew it was time to depart. Getting on Furcht back she called out, "Ay, it's time to roll." She then laid back on Furcht as if she was a couch and then Furcht with Rin on her back left the room to Eterna town, being sure not to leave her squad too far behind.

SQUAD 3

"Yes, we shalt go. Lenna, Return." I said as the Embrace pokemon went in her Light Ball.

"Let's get going."

(short post for interaction reason, and so the other two squad member known I am ready.)