Favorite Fan Game

Dark Legend

Favorite games  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Best Fan games

Reborn easily. Probably easily guessable from the forum.

Rejuvenation and Desolation are next.

I haven't played enough of Radical Red to really comment, though what I've played is good. Uranium was okay, but some major issues really drag it down (primarily the fact you don't get fly until the end of the game, despite the map being way too spread out for that to be justifiable). Phoenix Rising does not have enough content to rate.

Insurgence...I have a love/hate relationship with Insurgence. The good things about it I love. But the bad things I really hate. For the good, the battles are great. I like their Elite 4 both in concept and execution, the gyms are all a cool idea with the theme rather than type (even if some are better executed than others), the quality of life features are great, the Delta Pokemon are spectacular, my only complaint is that so many of them can only be obtained when the game is OVER. Just WHY???? That last point is why I have never played through that game without cheating, I want to play with the new toys, and if I can't get them fairly then I'll get them unfairly.

But, the problem is that to get to that you have to play through the rest of the game. The routes are awful, they're boring as hell, being little more than a straight line from one town to another with nothing interesting or distinguishing between them. The caves are equally dull. The cities are more distinct, but not really in a good way. Most of the big ones are really hard to navigate, and the complexity doesn't really add anything. The biggest problem though is the writing, which is just really bad. To start off, the cults that call themselves cults was automatically something that made me stop and blink in shock. And a lot of the dark and gritty stuff that is included is just really lame. Having a blood-stained arena where two Pokemon are fighting to the death doesn't make me go, "oh that's a neat idea". It makes me facepalm at the edgy stupidity of it. Also the map is too big. So yeah, I'm not really sure where's I'd rank it.

The first fan game I played was Insurgence. It was ny favorite back then but I got stuck at the champion battles so I rage quit.

Then my favorite became Uranium I couldn't find a decent water type so I got stuck at the E4. In the end I rage quit after a month of trying.

Then it became Reborn. I got stuck at the glass factory triple battle where I almost finished it 2 times but ended up losing. I got frustrated. After about two weeks of trying I finally gave up.

Now I'm taking a break from the difficulty of Reborn and am currently staying away from Pokémon.

Edited by DelRad

25 minutes ago, DelRad said:

The first fan game I played was Insurgence. It was ny favorite back then but I got stuck at the champion battles so I rage quit.

Then my favorite became Uranium I couldn't find a decent water type so I got stuck at the E4. In the end I rage quit after a month of trying.

Then it became Reborn. I got stuck at the glass factory triple battle where I almost finished it 2 times but ended up losing. I got frustrated. After about two weeks of trying I finally gave up.

Now I'm taking a break from the difficulty of Reborn and am currently staying away from Pokémon.

lmao I feel this so hard

I played loads of rom hacks initially - enjoyed Light Platinum and at the time Dark Rising (god that aged very badly didn't it haha). My first game that wasn't a rom hack was zeta/omricon which I really enjoyed. Then Insurgence was even better.

Then much later I played rejuve, then deso, then reborn.

Then they were all blown away by the greatest game ever made.

Pokemon Edge Rising.

How dare you miss such a masterpiece from the list >=(

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DelRad said:

If you get back to it, what is your team? The Glass Factory is difficult, but there are several ways to really crush it. Mega Houndoom + Ninetales as your leads will basically wipe the entire thing with no effort for instance.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, wcv said:

If you get back to it, what is your team? The Glass Factory is difficult, but there are several ways to really crush it. Mega Houndoom + Ninetales as your leads will basically wipe the entire thing with no effort for instance.

I kinda forgot tbh I haven't touched reborn since February

In time, Pokemon Empire may well sit comfortably among Reborn and the rest of the best. I'm playing through it right now, and am thoroughly impressed with everything I have seen so far. I'll probably make a post about it sometime in the future.