This game BLEW ME AWAY. ( SPOILERS )

Vhein

I just finished E5, it's my first time playing through this game, and ho boy i wasn't prepared to get the BAD ending nor the revelation that ensued it, holy moly the scenario is so well managed that it made the twins successfully trick me...

To make a fair review now that i'm done, story wise this game is ( apart from some incoherencies imo ) BrainFuckingInsane, it mess so much with you that's ART, i was in awe at how much i was wrong this whole time about the whole scenario, wow.

Making Nova the bad character ( well, to an extent she was ), as well as Lilith, when in fact Lilith was the only sane character, damn.

The fact that you get the revelation about the twins just before the choice of darkrai... and you end up not giving your hand and get the bad / good ending is mindblowing, because you don't want to  !

And that ending screen for E5 after what transpired, made me feel like this was only the beginning.

I'll definitely restart once E6 is out, and manage to get the good ending ! Such a great story omfg. It's so good i end up being vulgar.

• Like 2

episode 5 was such a mindfuck, but it definitely is worth it to replay it, since games like deso take a long ass time to update and an replay never hurts. since the lore is a mindfuck/ you can use your relationshippoints differently and most important of the dialogue is good

5 hours ago, Vhein said:

I just finished E5, it's my first time playing through this game, and ho boy i wasn't prepared to get the BAD ending nor the revelation that ensued it, holy moly the scenario is so well managed that it made the twins successfully trick me...

To make a fair review now that i'm done, story wise this game is ( apart from some incoherencies imo ) BrainFuckingInsane, it mess so much with you that's ART, i was in awe at how much i was wrong this whole time about the whole scenario, wow.

Making Nova the bad character ( well, to an extent she was ), as well as Lilith, when in fact Lilith was the only sane character, damn.

The fact that you get the revelation about the twins just before the choice of darkrai... and you end up not giving your hand and get the bad / good ending is mindblowing, because you don't want to  !

And that ending screen for E5 after what transpired, made me feel like this was only the beginning.

I'll definitely restart once E6 is out, and manage to get the good ending ! Such a great story omfg. It's so good i end up being vulgar.

I'm glad you enjoyed! Out of the big 3(reborn, rejuvenation, and desolation) I believe desolation have the best story, so I'm glad you enjoyed the story as much as you did. I agree with the gentleman above. Games like Desolation take a while to update so, I do recommend replaying to find out if miss anything(sidequest or main story related) or tryout different options for a different ending. This game deserve to be replayed👍

Why would insurgence be there ? Like, I understand lumping reborn, rejuv and desolation together because same hosting site and same overall design philosophy. But if we're talking about popularity/famousness, I can get putting reborn and insurgence together, but Deso has quite some time before it gets to that level of popularity.

21 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

hang on. Isnt the big three: Reborn, Insurgence, and Desolation??

Insurgence is a good famgame in therms of pokemon design and slightly higher difficulty than canon Pokemon games, but in therms of storytelling, game balance difficulty, interesting character design and development; Pokemon Reborn, rejuvenation, and desolation blew away all my expectations!! And in my opinion excellent ways on making an mature and incredible pokemon fangame. But, if Insurgence is apart of your big 3 then, don't let my opinion ruin your opinion on the game. Insurgence is still a really good fangame👍

14 minutes ago, Yumil said:

Why would insurgence be there ? Like, I understand lumping reborn, rejuv and desolation together because same hosting site and same overall design philosophy. But if we're talking about popularity/famousness, I can get putting reborn and insurgence together, but Deso has quite some time before it gets to that level of popularity.

I believe you underestimate the popularity of desolation my man. Even before going on that long hiatus like did Desolation always been highlighted as one the holy trinity of fangames along with Reborn and rejuv even with the popularity of insurgence, due too as you stated; there similar philosophical design and similar difficulty. What really made desolation is that are decisions MATTER. Desolation is the definition of choice base game where are choice affect the plot and ether give us a truly Good or bad end is what cemented Deso place in the Big 3. Of course this all my opinion, you'll free to have different opinions from so please don't allow mine to tarinish your opinions.✊

56 minutes ago, Rising Emperor said:

Insurgence is a good famgame in therms of pokemon design and slightly higher difficulty than canon Pokemon games, but in therms of storytelling, game balance difficulty, interesting character design and development; Pokemon Reborn, rejuvenation, and desolation blew away all my expectations!! And in my opinion excellent ways on making an mature and incredible pokemon fangame. But, if Insurgence is apart of your big 3 then, don't let my opinion ruin your opinion on the game. Insurgence is still a really good fangame👍

In Pokemon Insurgence, I already played and completed the pokedex. That was quite the challenge. I even caught Shadow Mewtwo and UFI. At first, I chose Eevee as my starter.

4 hours ago, Rising Emperor said:

I believe you underestimate the popularity of desolation my man. 

Do I, really ? Because when I picked up Deso a bit less than a year ago, Information on the game was extremely scarce online. No guide, no wiki, and when you had a question about a puzzle, better hope either this forum had it, or pray a random youtube video had it, and said videos were pretty scarce considering some of the top results were like, Episode 3 stuff. That's the kind of thing that should be more readily available if the game was that popular, seieng how reborn, rejuv and insurgence have far more material.

Yeah, Deso now has a full guide and a wiki that's well underway, but I had to make the former myself and even with our best efforts, the wiki's still not quite complete yet either. Youtube also got a bit more populated with videos of the game, but that kinda speaks of how little material there was before Episode 5.

More minor things, but Deso's about one of the only fangames I've picked up on my own rather than see people talk about it. Contrast with how I saw plenty of people talk about Reborn, Rejuv, Insurgence or even Empyrean before I picked them up. 

It may also simply due to that particular website being past it's prime, but Deso also had no Tvtropes page when the four mentionned above did. Well, it has one now, because me and a couple of other people made it. Pretty much everywhere I go that might be remotely knowledgeable on pokemon fangames, I'm one of the only, if not the only Desolation fan in the room. That's not something I've seen happen with the other fangames.

Make no mistake, I love Deso, or I wouldn't have put in a tenth of the time I've sunk into not just the game but everything else related to it, but it's just not a name you stumble on quite as quick when you enter the world of pokemon fangames. Hell, the only reason I even caught wind of that game is because Cass talked a bit about it in some dev posts.

That being said, I kinda got sidetracked there, I didn't meant to turn that into a popularity contest, that's my bad. I meant to add to my original post, that I'm glad Vhein is enjoying the game so much, cause I really agree Deso manages to nail something on the story side other fangames usually struggle with. I hope it inspires more people in turn.

• Thanks 1