Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

When are special events determined

Aggrin

Question

I was curious for my mono electric run I was thinking abut doing, when are the events like the mystery egg or the snubbul/stufful determined. Is it when making a new file, or some other time. I'm curious so I can reset for a joltic and pachirisu early game.

7 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Aggrin said:

I was curious for my mono electric run I was thinking abut doing, when are the events like the mystery egg or the snubbul/stufful determined. Is it when making a new file, or some other time. I'm curious so I can reset for a joltic and pachirisu early game.

When you fight Victoria IIRC.

46 minutes ago, wcv said:

When you fight Victoria IIRC.

Actually, it's a variable assigned at the start of the game, so you would have to reset your whole game to get a special Pokemon, or use Debug mode, which is kinda fair

2 hours ago, Gastronely said:

Actually, it's a variable assigned at the start of the game, so you would have to reset your whole game to get a special Pokemon, or use Debug mode, which is kinda fair

Actually I just tested it, and it is determined when you enter the grand hall the first time, so you just have to save in front of Victoria to at least cheese the early events, and maybe a bunch of the early game mystery eggs if you are insane to get stuff like spheal and elekid early

6 hours ago, Gastronely said:

The first battle with Victoria is the start of the game. All the mix variables are set to 0 when the save file is created, and only get filled in when you go battle her.

2 hours ago, Gastronely said:

For real? That's good to know, though it would not help with the jasper egg

All the random values are set at the same time IIRC.