Killing time

FernStoleMyBike

Who would you kill?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. You can choose to kill multiple people, this is Reborn not Sun/Moon where the evilest thing is rap dancing.

• Lin
    • Solaris
    • Sirius
    • Sigmund
    • Elias
    • Zero
    • Fern
    • Blake
    • Terra
    • Benette
  2. 2. Friendly fire is on to take unnecessary space

• Amaria
    • Titania
    • Florinia
    • Julia
    • Shelly
    • Heather
    • Victoria
    • Cain
    • Aya
    • Hardy
    • Anna
    • Noel
    • Radomus
    • Luna
    • Serra
    • Charlotte
    • Laura
    • Saphira
    • Cal
    • Samson
    • Ciel
    • Arclight
    • Adrienn

2 hours ago, FernStoleMyBike said:

Hey, about Radomus, are you refering to the fact that El was acting like he was brainwashed inside Radomus' gym? Because I can't recall him doing anything bad, give me some insight.

It doesn’t happen onscreen. But how else can one explain Elias’s behavior when he’s in the Castle as Radomus’s butler? 
And honestly, what was the point of doing that anyway? Radomus could already get the Amethyst Pendant the regular way (taking it off Elias’s hypnotized body in the Citae)… 

@Siv Murder is still punishable by law, and Julia/Florinia would kill you if they decided that you killed Titania or Amaria. So if Titania’s death is a “stray” bullet, why not “suicide” Amaria? 

(In exchange for this previous advice, I would like you to spare someone else because “annoying” isn’t a reason to kill people… right?)😇

8 hours ago, Mindlack said:

@Siv Murder is still punishable by law, and Julia/Florinia would kill you if they decided that you killed Titania or Amaria. So if Titania’s death is a “stray” bullet, why not “suicide” Amaria? 

(In exchange for this previous advice, I would like you to spare someone else because “annoying” isn’t a reason to kill people… right?)😇

All I'm hearing here is just 2 more people are going to have accidents.

Haha. Shit, I just realized I might be a bit of a villain.

On a serious note though - they couldn't kill me, it's against the law, remember? So if that's their motive then they wouldn't cross that line themselves. But also, given the state of Amaria I think I have a pretty decent case to argue for self defense. She's clearly got obssessive personality disorder, severe depression and she shows signs of a complete lack of empathy, she has no regard for other peoples health and feelings, plus she's tried to kill me already so she's displayed she's a danger to others. She still blames me for her losing Titania so I'm still the object of her obsession and since no one around us took any action to help her or to prevent her from doing any further harm to others, it's not too far fetched to argue she's still an active, legitimate threat to my life. Self defense.

Who would you want spared? Heather or Terra? Because I definitely take back my hit on Heather. She's the only one with any decent character development. If Terra, then uhm, she has to go. She just has to.

Honestly though the more I think about it, the more I want to spare Titania. As awful as she is to the player, I respect the hell out of her for cutting down the Meteor grunts at the WTC. With all these super-hero series and movies around I'm seriously tired of this whole "killing bad guys is wrong" argument. They're bad guys. They kidnap, torture and kill people. Literally. They poison an entire citys water supply. They literally make the world a worse place to live for every day people. Just kill them and be done with it. Who wants to keep battling the same arseholes over and over because they obviously keep coming back. The only thing that stopped Simon was when his friend got killed by Sapphira.. when he found out there's actual consequences when he starts fucking with peoples lives.. so clearly, that's the only thing that works. Otherwise you're just wacking out the weed in the backyard over and over because they keep sprouting. Preventative action is the best action. Go Titania and go Sapphira, mow those suckers down!

13 hours ago, Siv said:

All I'm hearing here is just 2 more people are going to have accidents.

Ah. Oops. Please, don’t do that? 

Haha. Shit, I just realized I might be a bit of a villain.

Your first reaction at a ten-year-old experiencing massive issues due to epically messed-up parenting was “kill her for being annoying”. You’re definitely a villain. But keep working on your justifications and you could become an interesting one. 

On a serious note though - they couldn't kill me, it's against the law, remember? So if that's their motive then they wouldn't cross that line themselves.

How do you know that? Murder for revenge still exists (and was once an institution, known as dueling). Even though it’s illegal. 

But also, given the state of Amaria I think I have a pretty decent case to argue for self defense. She's clearly got obssessive personality disorder, severe depression and she shows signs of a complete lack of empathy, she has no regard for other peoples health and feelings, plus she's tried to kill me already so she's displayed she's a danger to others. She still blames me for her losing Titania so I'm still the object of her obsession and since no one around us took any action to help her or to prevent her from doing any further harm to others, it's not too far fetched to argue she's still an active, legitimate threat to my life. Self defense.

Nah. This is more like a pre-emptive strike, where the ethical ground is shaky and is obviously illegal. 

Self-defense requires an immediate threat to your life or others, one that they cannot simply flee, and proportionate use of force. I think that in some US jurisdictions you can use lethal force to defend your home, even if you could have fled. 

Who would you want spared? Heather or Terra? Because I definitely take back my hit on Heather. She's the only one with any decent character development. If Terra, then uhm, she has to go. She just has to.

I agree that Terra is insufferable. It still doesn’t mean she has to go. It’s not like you have to interact with her any more. 

I think I’d ask you to spare Amaria. This prevents you from committing three more murders (because Julia/Florinia/Titania will not take it well – Titania certainly won’t rest until she kills you), and again, it’s not like you have to interact with her. 

Honestly though the more I think about it, the more I want to spare Titania. As awful as she is to the player, I respect the hell out of her for cutting down the Meteor grunts at the WTC. With all these super-hero series and movies around I'm seriously tired of this whole "killing bad guys is wrong" argument. They're bad guys. They kidnap, torture and kill people. Literally. They poison an entire citys water supply. They literally make the world a worse place to live for every day people. Just kill them and be done with it. Who wants to keep battling the same arseholes over and over because they obviously keep coming back. The only thing that stopped Simon was when his friend got killed by Sapphira.. when he found out there's actual consequences when he starts fucking with peoples lives.. so clearly, that's the only thing that works. Otherwise you're just wacking out the weed in the backyard over and over because they keep sprouting. Preventative action is the best action. Go Titania and go Sapphira, mow those suckers down!

Wow. 
While that line of argument is seducing (and is depicted to somewhat work), I think it’s flawed. 
Do you know what would realistically have happened after Titania’s little tantrum?

(hint: replace “Team Meteor” by “any real-life criminal organization, terrorist or not”)

Spoiler

Please don’t make me break the forum rules so egregiously. Whatever sneaky, callous, horrific thing you may be thinking of, they could think of it too. Or do worse. 
Even worse than that, actually. 

Whatever you’re thinking of, you probably haven’t scratched the surface yet. Try harder. 

The trouble with violence is that it’s an escalation. And that the other side always has crazily unhinged psychos who will be ready to unleash any horror upon you or anyone you may care about. 

I’m not saying that “thou shalt not kill, ever, full stop” is true. I don’t disagree with your point about these heroes who pride themselves on not killing even though their nemeses just escape to wreak havoc and misery again and again. 

But when you shed blood – you make the other side fear you. Some (like Simon) will cower. Some might see the error of their ways. 

But some will escalate. Want revenge for their comrades. They’ll be driven to anything to make themselves safe from what they see as a raving lunatic slaughtering them. 

You can make someone else back down with violence. Not an entire criminal group that literally cannot be disrespected.  

Once if you start the bloodshed, there’s no putting the genie back into the box. 

Remember: you’re alone. They’re many, at least as motivated as you are. They’re better than you (not all of them, but enough). They’re crazier than you (same). They’re more bloodthirsty than you (same). And they only need to get lucky once.

So, do you feel lucky? 

On 7/2/2021 at 2:00 AM, Mindlack said:

It doesn’t happen onscreen. But how else can one explain Elias’s behavior when he’s in the Castle as Radomus’s butler? 
And honestly, what was the point of doing that anyway? Radomus could already get the Amethyst Pendant the regular way (taking it off Elias’s hypnotized body in the Citae)… 

Gardevoir Hypnosis seems logical. But why do that when he's gonna snap out of it and turn against you, we need story on those two.
Just check this out,
I know that El got his sight back by holding the Emerald key.
And I also know that Radomus had later stolen the keys and turned them into jewels.
Radomus had given that specific jewel to his friend who turned the keys into jewels.
And finally Luna was given the Emerald necklace by her father.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:45 PM, Siv said:

Never played through Rejuvenation.

So, I hear the characters are based on actual people - Elias and Luna, too. Did that genuinely happen in real life? Or was that last bit about her father hiring a woman to have her just in the game?

Also where did you find that out?

I don't know about El and Luna being based on real people, it definitely can be possible imo, I won't bother to find out though.
In a new game, I've read every line of conversation, why? Because I didn't like the characters but I also find it stupid to judge anyone when you don't know about him.
So I read everything, took notes to not forget and to connect lines and learnt about them, my mind changed on some.
But I'm not crazy I swear, I just wanted to be fair when judging them. I really dislike injustice

Also play Rejuvenation, the new version comes out soon. I even like the bad guys in that game.

edit: Solaris was the one who hired a woman to have Taka, I was wrong about El.

Edited by FernStoleMyBike
El is a sexbomb and doesn't need to pay for sex, they pay him, he is a diva after all

I'm pretty sure Taka's the one whose dad hired someone to have him, not Luna? And Taka's not a person in real life (unfortunately :( well, fortunately I guess in one sense). I remember reading that the Radomus/El custody battle over Luna was real, though as usual I'm not sure how much to trust what the RPers claim is real in cases like this.

Also uhhh...

On 7/1/2021 at 12:10 PM, Siv said:

Adrienn.. gives me the creeps. Our first encounter with him he buds into business that isn't his and tries to steal from strangers. Sorry but whatever lies Elias told him, it's pretty clear who's in the wrong and who's in the right, given what happened. I haven't liked him since then.

Second, how am I supposed to know what pronouns you identify as?! No need to get snippy mate, we've just met. Literally JKUST met. Third, no one - NO ONE is THAT good a person.. Nu-uh, I'm calling secret Meteor super-villain or something. Just wait and see. Gives me the creeps. Given how liked he is though that is definitely going to be "an accident."

It's... maybe concerning that someone using unusual pronouns is a reason for you to want to kill them? The bit about what pronouns Adrienn wanted used for xemself wasn't even directed at your character; it was directed at Cain, who'd explicitly asked what pronouns he should address xem with. (And Adrienn did follow that up with "I think we've got more pressing concerns right now.") Adrienn doesn't even strike me as the kind of person who'd be particularly upset if you (unknowingly) used the wrong pronouns. The other reasons you give are valid though, at least for disliking someone, though I find killing someone for that / some suspicions pretty extreme.

Edited by stibarsen

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 11:29 AM, Siv said:

I voted Titania simply because she accused me of reading her silly diary when I bloody didn't. Arrogant brat, as if her diary would be of interest.

Yeah that pissed me off as well. Which is why I read the damn thing and then told her I did so she couldn't accuse me of lying. 

On 7/1/2021 at 11:29 AM, Siv said:

In her defense on what you mentioned, she didn't lead Amaria on. Amaria manipulated the hell out of her, using her depression and threatening with suicide to keep her around. That's freaking nuts. All on Amaria, the manipulative, murderous horrible character.

I concur. I said I could see her as kind of a stalkhomed hostage. 

Adrienn.. gives me the creeps. Our first encounter with him he buds into business that isn't his and tries to steal from strangers. Sorry but whatever lies Elias told him, it's pretty clear who's in the wrong and who's in the right, given what happened. I haven't liked him since then.

Second, how am I supposed to know what pronouns you identify as?! No need to get snippy mate, we've just met. Literally JKUST met. Third, no one - NO ONE is THAT good a person.. Nu-uh, I'm calling secret Meteor super-villain or something. Just wait and see. Gives me the creeps. Given how liked he is though that is definitely going to be "an accident."

You have stated some valid reasons for disliking Adrienne. I concur it was thoughtless of xem to take a stranger at their word and as a Gardevior owner xemselves, xe should have found something off about the way GG was speaking against Radamus as her trainer or "master" as she prefers, I know I did. It also doesn't sit right with me that while xe does say "well that's a relief" or was it "Well, I'm relieved" when the real GG declares her love for Radamus, xe doesn't actually admit that xe was wrong and offer an apology. 

I, however,  find it concerning that you're using someone's pronouns to justify murdering them even if it's just one of multiple reasons. 

Granted it's been some time since I completed ep 18, I don't recall Adrienne getting snippy about anything, Xe has always been a pretty chill/mellow character. 
What I do recall is that it was Cain who brought it up by inquiring and Adrienne had answered politely. 

Xe/Xyr/Xem can be a bit obnoxious but They/their/them which is much easier and more common to my knowledge is also valid.  

1 hour ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Yeah that pissed me off as well. Which is why I read the damn thing and then told her I did so she couldn't accuse me of lying. 

I concur. I said I could see her as kind of a stalkhomed hostage. 

You have stated some valid reasons for disliking Adrienne. I concur it was thoughtless of xem to take a stranger at their word and as a Gardevior owner xemselves, xe should have found something off about the way GG was speaking against Radamus as her trainer or "master" as she prefers, I know I did. It also doesn't sit right with me that while xe does say "well that's a relief" or was it "Well, I'm relieved" when the real GG declares her love for Radamus, xe doesn't actually admit that xe was wrong and offer an apology. 

I, however,  find it concerning that you're using someone's pronouns to justify murdering them even if it's just one of multiple reasons. 

Granted it's been some time since I completed ep 18, I don't recall Adrienne getting snippy about anything, Xe has always been a pretty chill/mellow character. 
What I do recall is that it was Cain who brought it up by inquiring and Adrienne had answered politely. 

Xe/Xyr/Xem can be a bit obnoxious but They/their/them which is much easier and more common to my knowledge is also valid.  

I don't care about his pronouns. That's his business. Life is short, if you get more out of it wanting/needing to go by different pronouns then fuck what other people say or think, go for it.

I might have misremembered him getting snippy, it's been a while and I've run through the game enough times I don't read the dialogue anymore.. if I have misremembered then that's my bad!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 2:43 PM, Siv said:

I don't care about his pronouns. That's his business. Life is short, if you get more out of it wanting/needing to go by different pronouns then fuck what other people say or think, go for it.

Amen to that. 

On 7/19/2021 at 2:43 PM, Siv said:

I might have misremembered him getting snippy, it's been a while and I've run through the game enough times I don't read the dialogue anymore.. if I have misremembered then that's my bad!

It's possible it is I who misremembered and if so than the bad is mine. 

I've only played the game once and that glass factory gauntlet alone was enough to turn me off from ever playing again.

8 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Amen to that. 

It's possible it is I who misremembered and if so than the bad is mine. 

I've only played the game once and that glass factory gauntlet alone was enough to turn me off from ever playing again.

Hahaha. The dialogue or the battles?

Because if you mean that last run through the void then I definitely agree but the battles were pretty cool the first time around. Kind of wish they were a bit harder nowadays :P

On 7/21/2021 at 10:49 PM, Siv said:

Hahaha. The dialogue or the battles?

Because if you mean that last run through the void then I definitely agree but the battles were pretty cool the first time around. Kind of wish they were a bit harder nowadays :P

The battles. 6 v. over 2 dozen with one auto healing in between is the most brutal Pokemon event I've ever encountered. Thank Arceus for the purchasable Revival Herbs in the Meganium herb shop. 

• 8 months later...