Stuck with finding Amber

Tjeemos

So i just defeated Zetta and Geara, but now i have to do the gym at the resort. Only Amber isn't there. I didn't do the kyogre battle because i didn't know it was there (this is my first playthrough). But when i went back to do the battle, kyogre wouldn't summon. I have the magma stone so i don't know where it went wrong. Does anyone know where i can find Amber or how to proceed?

If you kept the Magma Stone a mysterious character

Spoiler

(I think it was the hoverboard dude)

should have met you inside the Valor Mountain entrance with the Emotion Powder which is necessary to progress through the mountain and a prompt to the Kyogre event. 

I'm a first time player as well and I did the Kyogre event but from what I've gathered I believe it's optional. It's just some relationship points and later access to a Ralts. Not doing it shouldn't hinder the plot's progress. 

You don't need to start the entire game over but it seems you will need to redo the Valor Mountain event or at least the Geara/Zetta battle (my condolences, that battle is one of the worst). 

You need to load a backup save file that is at the needed point. 

This guide is specific to Reborn but can be applied to Rejuv as well just go into the Rejuv folder instead of Reborn.