Can you return to the city from the desert? (spoilers)

Hannelore

Up to Alamissa Urban section of the story and I know that there will time travel coming soon; just wondering if there is a way to return to GDC and Gearen at the moment? Playing the route where Bladestar grunts dropped MC, Huey and Reina into Voidal Chasm. When I last played I remember getting to the desert via Claydol in national park and I think it could be used to return but not sure about this route. Is there a way to return that I'm missing?

Is this what you mean by the docks? :)

image.png.41c2e71238dfe22b90c3369c6cd9bde2.png

I can't find anyone nearby who asks for yacht keys

EDIT: Nevermind, someone on the discord told me that on the route I'm on, you can't go back; only if you get to the desert via Claydol can you get back. Guess I'll have to make the most of the Pokemon in the boxes :)

2 hours ago, kithas said:

I think you have to actually use the yatch from other places to get there first? 

No, you can't use the yacht to get there until you speak with the person on the docks. The person appears a little bit later after you do some of the story in the dessert, iirc aorund the same time you can use the Claydol to get back. 

59 minutes ago, Darwin said:

No, you can't use the yacht to get there until you speak with the person on the docks. The person appears a little bit later after you do some of the story in the dessert, iirc aorund the same time you can use the Claydol to get back.