Question about speed on a rift fight (spoilers)

Hannelore

I'm watching someone playing Rejuvenation and they're up to rift Aelita; I was really shocked that their speed EV trained Ribombee wasn't going first in the battle (and of course, got knocked out by rock slide). So now I'm wondering if there is a speed nerf I'm unaware of in the battle that I never took notice of before? Ribombee has out sped almost everything it's come up across and I was under the impression the golems are slow, is that wrong?

EDIT: We both forgot the level cap was increased after Souta so Ribombee WAS 5 levels under than it could have been for this fight; still kinda surprised given how fast it is already. Was that the only reason?

EDIT 2: So I looked up the rift golem's on the wiki which say they have a base speed of 10 and now I am extremely confused as to why they out speed EVERYTHING on the field. Can anyone please explain what I am missing? :) 

11 hours ago, Hannelore said:

EDIT: We both forgot the level cap was increased after Souta so Ribombee WAS 5 levels under than it could have been for this fight; still kinda surprised given how fast it is already. Was that the only reason?

Since rift Aelita has a base speed of 200 it is expected that she will out speed any pokemon on the field, that much is simple.

As to the Golems out speeding everything on the field, I have no idea how that is possible (that didn't happen to me at least). Are you sure that someone you were watching didn't use trick room?

12 hours ago, Nox Omen said:

Since rift Aelita has a base speed of 200 it is expected that she will out speed any pokemon on the field, that much is simple.

As to the Golems out speeding everything on the field, I have no idea how that is possible (that didn't happen to me at least). Are you sure that someone you were watching didn't use trick room?

Definitely no trick room happening! Tailwind also doesn't work although I'm not sure if that is expected on this field somehow?

I also don't remember this happening when I played (which might be why I don't remember struggling with this fight but she can't do it. So the golems SHOULDN'T be outspeeding everything? I'm super confused then haha. Any tips for beating rift aelita with the assumption that the enemy will definitely outspeed every turn? 😅

3 hours ago, Hannelore said:

Definitely no trick room happening! Tailwind also doesn't work although I'm not sure if that is expected on this field somehow?

I also don't remember this happening when I played (which might be why I don't remember struggling with this fight but she can't do it. So the golems SHOULDN'T be outspeeding everything? I'm super confused then haha. Any tips for beating rift aelita with the assumption that the enemy will definitely outspeed every turn? 😅

I used Parasect to use rage powder. Rift Aelita got knocked out by Erin's Absol, while I was a punching bag.

Knockout the rift golems with fairy attacks

Did they put Seeds on their pokemon to hold?

iirc Seeds can set the Trick Room effect on Dimensional fields, so you might not have noticed that Trick Room was active if the dialogue was quickly clicked through

and I guess it's unlikely that the Ribombee was holding a Lagging Tail, or using a low priority move (doubt it even learns one)

I was trying out the battle again today and only Aelita outsped, so now I'm thinking we were both too tired yesterday and kept reading Aelita's turns as the golems; maybe because it calls her regirock or something it was tripping us up or something 😅

Thanks so much for all the suggestions though! I appreciate it even though it turned out we were both being dumb 🙃