That gardevoir fight

DistantBliss

So for all those people playing rejuv; I'm on my second playthrough atm and just beat the gardevoir fight again, but man, is it a hastle. I get why people get annoyed by gyms like souta's but for me this fight is worse. So many factors are unknown; for instance: the gardevoir typing is known, but it's stats are not. From what i could figure she has over 550 flat hp and a speed stat over 130 (she beats crobat in speed), the same speed stat applies to her support ralts since quick guard isn't blocking lovely kiss so they don't have prankster? The support kirlias are slower however. Then onwards to the typing. We know from the rift dex gardevoir is fairy-dark, but the kyrlia and ralts are not i think? The kirlia take super effective damage from water moves for example, but the ralts do not. Makes no sense to me. So, on towards the question: how did you guys beat it?

First time i beat it i struggled a lot and had to stall with tons of healing items; i think i might've used poison or something; was a whle back. The second time i put a chesto berry on a togedemaru with sturdy, instantly woke up from lovely kiss and used electric terrain so no grounded pokemon could be inflicted with sleep. I then used a donphan with sturdy (i know, but gardevoir oneshots everything with something like less than 120 special defense and 120 hp stat with normal effective moves so it is an un-fun interaction to me), endeavor and ice shard to take it out on the second turn. After that it was fairly easy. But seriously; how is this fight intended to be won?

Well, three things worked from me. First, the Sylveon that Ren gives you at Alamissa Urben can setup Misty Terrain, boosting it's attacks, and preventing sleep. Second, the Chesto Berries sold at Hiyoshi City can trivialize the support of Ralts and Kirlia. Lastly, a Magical Seed can automatically set up Trick Room, which helps a lot if your team isn't outspeeding Gardevoir (which is always the case, haha)

if you want all the info on the fight: (this is for Intense, but still very useful for any difficulty)

https://pokepast.es/40d41064f670dc41

There are lots of ways to beat this. Very easy ways would be Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Endeavor, Curse or Toxic.

But other things can be very helpful too, like

- Leech Seed on the Gardevoir to heal tons of HP.

- The Sweet Veil ability so your team cannot fall asleep (Ribombee for example, which I believe can be caught in town or nearby).

- Imposter Ditto (can also be caught in Hiyoshi City, but very rare).

- Terrain moves to prevent sleep or get a general advantage, or a Seed for Trick Room as already mentioned.

- Teach your mons Sleep Talk to make use of the sleep, for physical mons you could even teach Facade for double damage.

- Magic Bounce/Magic Coat to reflect the status moves back. 

played in intense mode, flora route so i couldn't go back and use sylveon (since i had to ev train it and reteach misty terrain). i just went with the most disgusting cheese ie destiny bond + quick claw (focus sash seemed to not fool the AI). unfortunately the claw worked like 1/200 times so it took me 100+ attempts to win

Oh there are some nifty solutions among these. The seed triggering trick room i did not know of; must've missed that in the field notes. It's nice that there are some legit ways that aren't too random (like beating the lvl100 Yveltal in blacksteeple with a lvl 5 fledgling that you find in the first are in the game which happens to have quick guard).