Steelix is hard

treadster

The way I beat them is, I happen to have a Breloom and Spiritomb in my group at the time.

Steelix = Spore > Focus Punch to death.

Abra = Hyper Beam? Nah, Curse > Dark Pulse until dead.

Technically, Steelix/Abra might not be that easy if you don't just happen to have a tactic to overcome their primary strength. If you make them too complex, it might just be too hard. Without those cheap tricks and if I used one of my earlier basic teams, it might have been tougher. Maybe have people list the ways they beat them and go from there ?

Edited by LeoG

Just had an idea to make it slightly easier for some: Add an abandoned PC in the underground tunnels so people can swap to better match-ups against Steelix.

I don't think people complain about Abra since you do have the option of swapping pokemon if you need to.

Against steelix I got really lucky, it missed a stone edge that would've killed arcanine letting it 2 shot it with flamethrower.

As for abra... my spiritomb 1 shot it with sucker punch and a dark gem...

Personally I felt they were pretty easy thought it would really depend on team comp, a person with a lot of plysical attackers will struggle with steelix while people without ghosts, steel, or sucker punch will have a lot harder time with abra.

Abra is easy to beat if you have a Scarfty that knows Crunch, all you have to do is send in your first pokemon let it die to a hyper beam, then send in Scrafty to Crunch on the turn it hyper beams, switch it out if Crunch doesnt KO(which it should) and rinse and repeat.

• Administrators

Just had an idea to make it slightly easier for some: Add an abandoned PC in the underground tunnels so people can swap to better match-ups against Steelix.

A PC actually appears if you lose to it

Well they both aren't exactly hard to beat if you have decent team ready to encounter any kind of threats. I think Steelix was easy to win with Will-o - Power Split Cofagrigus and don't think Abra was really hard for me (if I recall correctly not a single of my pokémons died on either of those battles) can't exactly recall whether I slayed it with my Skuntank or what.

The PC is next to the healing machine.

But thinking about it, I may or may not have only added that with the 9.5 release

oh i did not know about the pc. i was actually scared when i faced that steelix because i saved my game inside the cave and i thought im stuck there forever since there is no pc.. had like my flying types with me and magnezone and my drapion so what i did is i used escape rope and i like escaped out and went back to the safe house and got the proper pokes. (i havd to go to the abra speech thing again.