Mods

gilam

There's a lot of I don't know questions in here but I'm assuming you are referring to the SWM module. On a basic level, the SWM shouldn't be a problem unless a line of coding is missing in the scripts. Pretty sure if someone with some slight coding knowledge took a look they could get it to work but not sure if anyone has interests in porting it over given debug mode exists

a non-trivial bit of the SWM module works just fine, from experience - WildEncounters works, BagSortByType works (well, except for items exclusive to the game, obviously), EggWaitingIcon from the AMB module also works, so does AutoHook from DBX, for those I personally tested.

ItemRadar doesn't work though (it does for exactly one item, the spice powder early on in the game, everything else is a no). Neither does ShowStatBoost or TypeBattleIcons, those two cause the game to crash, to my regret.

I wouldn't mind trying my hand at porting those, but I'd need a basic crash course in modding- I can edit the WildEncounterRates to skip over the requirements of the smoke ball just fine, but I can't guess what variable name I have to call to get the items for ItemRadar.

Edited by Yumil

11 hours ago, Commander said:

There's a lot of I don't know questions in here but I'm assuming you are referring to the SWM module. On a basic level, the SWM shouldn't be a problem unless a line of coding is missing in the scripts. Pretty sure if someone with some slight coding knowledge took a look they could get it to work but not sure if anyone has interests in porting it over given debug mode exists

debug is boring.

i love to see mods like show stat boosts. type battle. pick up.....

mods that make the life more easy but not the game.

• 1 month later...

nah, SMW mods have a built-in check that prevents them from working on anything that isn't the latest version of Reborn. I assume the idea behind it is to make clear the people making the mods do not have any responsibility for whether or not they work on games that are not Reborn. Anyone who knows some basics in code can remove that check to at least give the mods a chance to work.

In fact, I've recently had to do that for all mods in the SMW pack for someone on the Deso discord, so I do have the files around, so if you need something, hit me up and i'll pass you the files.

Edited by Yumil
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 4:24 AM, Yumil said:

In fact, I've recently had to do that for all mods in the SMW pack for someone on the Deso discord, so I do have the files around, so if you need something, hit me up and i'll pass you the files.

NoTMXNeeded.

UnrealTimeClock.

ItemRadar.

ShowStatBoosts.

TypeBattleIcons.

WildEncounterRates.

ItemRadar flat out doesn't work - I've had it confirmed by Caz that they plan on fixing it in the next release. It won't crash your game, but it won't do anything for now. you've been warned.

Here are the mods. Let me know if NoTMXNeeded and UnrealTimeClock work, as I haven't tested them myself. (I know for a fact the other three does). Also don't forget to save the pictures too.

SWM - ItemRadar.png

SWM - ShowStatBoosts.png

SWM - TypeBattleIcons.png

SWM - NoTMXNeeded.rb SWM - UnrealTime.rb SWM - WildEncounterRates.rb SWM - ItemRadar.rb SWM - ShowStatBoosts.rb SWM - TypeBattleIcons.rb

SWM - UnrealClock.rb

• Thanks 2

Double-Posting (Sorry about that), but I figured I might as well do the sensible thing and post the whole modpack here. Probably should have done that sooner, in fact. 

Most of the mods should work with no difference from reborn, but be aware that BagSortByType can't process the items exclusive to Desolation and won't sort them (not really an issue outside of the Rare Items pouch). Do let me know if other mods don't behave properly.

SWM_modular_modpack_v66_E18.4_Deso_Edition.rar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Yumil said:

ItemRadar flat out doesn't work - I've had it confirmed by Caz that they plan on fixing it in the next release. It won't crash your game, but it won't do anything for now. you've been warned.

Here are the mods. Let me know if NoTMXNeeded and UnrealTimeClock work, as I haven't tested them myself. (I know for a fact the other three does). Also don't forget to save the pictures too.

SWM - ItemRadar.png

SWM - ShowStatBoosts.png

SWM - TypeBattleIcons.png

SWM - NoTMXNeeded.rb 10.3 kB · 1 download SWM - UnrealTime.rb 4 kB · 1 download SWM - WildEncounterRates.rb 2.39 kB · 1 download SWM - ItemRadar.rb 2.79 kB · 0 downloads SWM - ShowStatBoosts.rb 11 kB · 1 download SWM - TypeBattleIcons.rb 5.08 kB · 1 download

SWM - UnrealClock.rb 6.95 kB · 1 download

tnx a lot. the mods work great.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Time to revive this old-ass thread, since it's relevant to my questions! So, with the E6 update a while ago and all the code changes that came with it, a lot of the mods that once worked fine with Desolation no longer work, throwing up errors. Right now the one I'm concerned about is the LearnEggMoves mod from the SWM pack. Is there any way to get it working, and if not are there any equivalent mods (or Script edits) that let you do something similar (ie learning Egg Moves at the Move Relearner?).

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 6:31 PM, Yumil said:

Double-Posting (Sorry about that), but I figured I might as well do the sensible thing and post the whole modpack here. Probably should have done that sooner, in fact. 

Most of the mods should work with no difference from reborn, but be aware that BagSortByType can't process the items exclusive to Desolation and won't sort them (not really an issue outside of the Rare Items pouch). Do let me know if other mods don't behave properly.

SWM_modular_modpack_v66_E18.4_Deso_Edition.rar 182.42 kB · 85 downloads

Sooooooo can you do for ep 6. I think it's time 

I'm trying to pretend mods don't exist long enough that rejuv 13.5 comes out and the modding scene from rejuvjust does it

Okay serious talk, the script overhaul from e5 to e6 is so big basically all of them have to be redone and i'm pretty sure the jump from reborn e19 release to e6 release also makes them unusable too. But also... a lot of them have just been integrated in the game already as QoL or passwords and I'm not even sure if there's a list of mods that should be remade to begin with ?

Anyway, it's a time commitment i'm not sure I can make and don't feel like making right now. There's stuff I really need to get around to do on the dev side of Deso, so mods just aren't in my list of priorities right now. I have no idea how close we are to Rejuv v13.5 but i wouldn't be surprised if when that releases mods get done for that and you should more or less be able to just port those onto deso e6.

• 5 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, gilam said:

there is no mods for this game?

i try reborn mods but they dont work.

It's disappointing when mods don't work as expected. If Reborn mods aren't functioning, consider checking for game updates or looking for alternative modding communities that might have more compatible options. Sometimes, mods need specific versions or additional tweaks. Exploring forums or reaching out to the gaming community for advice on effective mods for your game can be helpful in finding a solution. about  consuming MCT oil

Edited by henrymamar

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

An update to my own inquiry above! As of right now, it seems most of the mods that are compatible with the current version of Rejuvenation (13.5) also work fine with Desolation! I haven't tested a huge amount, but IIRC I only ran into startup issue with a single one (which I unfortunately can't remember), so do your own testing for the ones you want to use, and share results if you feel like it!